I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyberdramon works really well, i personally i always used Megadramon

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see GigaDramon, AeroV-Dramon and Cybedramon as possible pre-evolutions for DarkDramon

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I prefer xros wars cyberdramon over original cyberdramon for between Sealsdramon and but either works. That said, I think swapping out Sealsdramon for Tankmon works fine too, though Darkdramon is weird there. I think it's often less that perfects are weird and more that the perfect and the mega both look good with the child/adult but not always with each other.

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I've really never been a fan of Perfect levels being the odd ones out in their lines. Ya see it all over the place. MetalGreymon and WereGarurumonm are prime examples, unless you use their latest Ultimates, as they keep the themes of those Perfects. The most glaring to me though is Tankdramon. He's an eyesore between Sealsdramon and Darkdramon. So what about Cyberdramon instead?
I agree it's sort of weird looking in a line, but I think it works for some in some story way. Consider how Perfect was the original final level. Then Ultimate came around, it was like an other path in a sense. I always felt Warp Evolution from Adventure showed this, as it's not MetalGreymon turning into WarGreymon, but Agumon turning into WarGreymon. I always like to check if the Ultimate resembles the Child close enough. But agreed, sometimes they're just eyesores.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In a sense Tankdramon makes sense there, you go from a modern military dino (Commandramon), to a elite soldier (Sealsdramon), to heavy artillery (Tankdramon) and finally a compact heavy artillery elite soldier (Darkdramon). In theory, it shows an evolution of military conflict and sorta alludes to the idea of perfect tech-infused soldiers. Altough I do agree that any of the Cyberdramon make the designs feel more coherent, be it body-shape or color, in short I think both lines have merit. Now a bigger eyesore is Justimon in Monodramon's line, I understand why it's like that, specially with Strikedramon's profile suggesting he also fights for justice, but Power Ranger isn't my favorite for Cyberdramon.

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now a bigger eyesore is Justimon in Monodramon's line, I understand why it's like that, specially with Strikedramon's profile suggesting he also fights for justice, but Power Ranger isn't my favorite for Cyberdramon.
An important thing to note is that Justimon is not a Power Ranger, he's a Kamen Rider. A major theme in the Kamen Rider franchise is that they are not different from their enemies, the monsters. They are one in the same.

Also, I just realized two of my recent lines(the Silver Kyukimon and the Rasielmon ones) actually look like counterparts when held side by side.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqyizzutVS0X0hWSFZXMDc0M3c/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqyizzutVS0LXJqeGgwclpYalk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With reference to Meicoomon, taking cues from that Tumblr someone mentioned here, the Digimon Reference Book, and my own imagination, here is how they could go with an anime evolution for Meicoomon.

Baby: YukimiBotamon
Image Thumbnail
Baby II: Nyacoomon
Image Thumbnail
Child: Meiplotmon
Image Thumbnail
Adult: Meicoomon/VM
Image Thumbnail
Perfect: Meicrackmon/VM
Image Thumbnail
Ultimate: Razielmon/VM
Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Apologies if I went a bit overboard or off-topic with this.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww, you used my art and fan names :3c

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone remember using Dynasmon as Shakkoumon's evolved form? I just noticed that if you pair that up with Silphymon and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode they're all primarily white colored. Sort of cool.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like what the faptor did here. It really looks like it could work. I also like the names. Good ideas Shel.

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Monodramon, here are some of my ideas for lines with him into Pteranomon (and, for the last one, Pteranomon X). I think Monodramon really resembles Pteranomon. I would've kept going with other Adult-level stages for him, but I'm a bit pressed for time lol.

I was looking for Perfect and Ultimate Digimon that are like airplanes but had no such luck. :( So instead for the first line, I focused on Pteranomon's bomb attack and used Giromon. Had a lot of trouble with this one, Wikimon has Craniummon as a possible Ultimate so I ultimately (lol) went with that because I guess he fits Giromon the most. I think?

Second line focuses a bit more on Pteranomon as a mechanized flying creature which ultimately ends up as Gundramon.

Finally, Pteranomon X into MetalGreymon X because they share the same blue fuel thrusters, then into Darkdramon because it seems similar to me.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Pteranomon to Gigadramon works really well. Giromon and Craniummon are both concerned with Network security.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I really like that Craniumon line. I've never seen any lines I really like for him.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was the one who linked that Tumblr post in the Digimon Channel thread since Inpu asked about the consensus on Meicoomon's line and the forms from Determination and the Symbiosis trailer.

That said, I'm not sure the Nyaromon and Salamon recolors will get unique names since we've had instances of recolors just being named {{{SpeciesName}}} ({{{Color}}}) such as Otamamon (Red).

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but what do you call that color? Nyaromon (yellow)? Nyaromon (light orange)? Nyaromon (calico)?

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah we just don't really know, until we know what they really are we can just refer to them by fannames(hence Meiplot and Nyacoo)

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well there are also guys like Sorcerimon, so they don´t have to make it "namemon color"

humon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Part of a fangame I'm working on. Basically each family of Digimon (Dragon's Roar, Nightmare Soldiers) etc gets a unique ExE-like Evolution where they merge with the player character. Some Digimon take one 'mon, others merge with the entire party.

Gizmon is a unique case, however, as they're the partner of one of the other Chosen Child characters, and are non-controllable by the player. Any of the Gizmon stages or Algomon can ExE-Evolve to BioLotusmon, by merging with the other Chosen Child.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well there are also guys like Sorcerimon, so they don´t have to make it "namemon color"
True but Digimon like that tend to have characteristics beyond color palette to differentiate them such as the aforementioned Sorcermon using ice based magic rather than the fire and earth magic of Wizardmon and the purely fire magic of FlameWizardmon.

In fact the closest variations to have unique names I seen are Palmon and it subspecies Alraumon and even then their attacks are described as having different effects.