Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made a series of Digivolution lines based largely on the card game. Let me know which set you'd go for if you could and what path you'd take.
unknown.png

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find Gaossmon > Deltamon mildly amusing

He’s got no arms… so he stole some heads

edit: speaking of Deltamon, it’s got an implied line in BT-6: Shoutmon (dragon with an inhertiable requiring Blitz) > Deltamon (dragon with three heads) > Asuramon (three faces and Blitz)

Last edited:

DaisukeDoi7

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What tends to be people's opinions around using X-Antibodies in your evolution lines? I always used them when trying to make evolutions work, but I've also noticed a lot of people really don't like when that happens

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What tends to be people's opinions around using X-Antibodies in your evolution lines? I always used them when trying to make evolutions work, but I've also noticed a lot of people really don't like when that happens
I'm fine if a line gains the X-Antibody partway through, like the Adult and beyond are X-Antibody-carriers.

My issue is when people alternate between carriers and non-carriers: X-Antibody Child > non-carrier Adult > X-Antibody Perfect > non-carrier Ultimate.

Natural carriers are a grey area, but I'm fine with them being treated as either or.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fine if a line gains the X-Antibody partway through, like the Adult and beyond are X-Antibody-carriers.

My issue is when people alternate between carriers and non-carriers: X-Antibody Child > non-carrier Adult > X-Antibody Perfect > non-carrier Ultimate.

Natural carriers are a grey area, but I'm fine with them being treated as either or.
I second this.

I understand why folks like to use X-Antibody digimon to plug in gaps where it seems fitting but I prefer seeing them separate.

Furthermore, I like saying that any digivolution that happens between X Digimon also happens between their non X counterparts.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Natural carriers can go any way, whether a medium chooses to use them or not is their choice, but if you're going from "something X" and then going to something that completely lacks the X-Antibody, it does make me wonder if it was better to just use the normal version of that Digimon.

Especially since a lot of X forms kind of suck.

citramon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love using X-Antibody digimon in regular lines. Some X designs fit better in some lines than their regular ones and I like the challenge of having to explain how the line works.

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
another card game inspired one

Impmon > Musyamon > Cerberusmon Werewolf Mode > Mastemon > Omegamon Zwart

Impmon in Tamers had a laser gun, Musyamon has a sword, Cerberusmon WwM has heads for hands, Mastemon is left-right asymmetrical, and Omegamon Zwart is all of those (and also the last three are all Vaccines)

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
with my regular lines & charts using standard images, no issue whatsoever, for the Sprite based ones I originally planned on avoiding non native ones mostly out of laziness with acquiring the needed sprites(since due to their fan made nature they're a bit scattered all over the place), though with having used SkullMammon X in my Gomamon DIM Card chart that's changed and I'll probably start gathering together more of those(particularly since there's probably a few Digimon who have sprites for their X-Antibody form but don't have a good quality one for their standard form)

also regarding mixing and matching X-Antibody with regular Digimon in lines, well normally I don't really put much thought into it, since I usually put the Aesthetics and/or Theme of a line as a much higher priority than worrying about that kind of thing

MickeyDee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Incredible Shrinking Digimon​
Angoramon - Rabbimon - Luminamon - MarinAngemon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a pretty clever idea. They normally get bigger. I get it. Good idea.

MickeyDee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you; I just thought it would be something funny to do since Angoramon is so big for a Child/Rookie.

Last edited:

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you; I just thought it would be something funny to do since Angoramon is so big for a Child/Rookie.
This is actually my prediction for Angoramon's evolution line.
Angoramon is big (well actually he is also slim behind that fur), SymbareAngoramon is slim. I predict his Perfect and Ultimate will get smaller.

MickeyDee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Brown Shamanmon - Fugumon - Boutmon - Shroudmon.
Junkmon - Machmon - Pistmon - Granlocomon

Jogress
Mojyamon + Guardromon = Frozomon

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Fuugamon...

in the original vpets, one line was Patamon > Ogremon > Andromon, which doesn’t make much sense

recolouring Ogremon to Fuugamon, however, it makes a lot more sense

Fuugamon has a colour scheme closer to Patamon, and although it’s not the same it’s closer to human like Andromon

it now has an air based attack like Patamon

and finally, it basically becomes animal > caveman > cyborg, which works pretty well

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what do you guys think is the best inbetween rookie digimon for Hiyarimon and Kumamon/Chackmon?

MickeyDee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what do you guys think is the best inbetween rookie digimon for Hiyarimon and Kumamon/Chackmon?
or KoYukidarumon.
Does that one exist? I've never heard of it.

Seconding Chackmon Prototype. If he doesn't count; SnowGoblimon.

For a two-faced/two headed line, what digimon could fill this? Candlemon - Clockmon - (?) - Lampmon?