Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sirenmon.jpg

I'm looking for the best evolution line of Sirenmon that highlights her aquatic side. Mega level isn't needed

Swanmon is my go-to, since swans live on water, I think. Bonus point for having the same pose.
For child level, I like Falcomon (original) or you can go Penmon for more aquatic.

320px-Swanmon.jpg
320px-Sirenmon.jpg

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reworked Blastmon and Tactimon so that Blastmon could be linked to Mummymon as the James to Arachnemon/Lilithmon's Jessie:
Tactimon.png

Blastmon.png

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought a few packs of Double Diamond yesterday, pulled Chikurimon and Pukumon, and realised they look pretty similar

I thought of Shakkoumon as a Perfect (and it also works in the card game) since it’s also got the round and silver head and big red eyes, but I can’t think of a Champion (Hookmon’s the only Champion is the card game that can evolve from Black and into Yellow or Blue that I can think of, but it doesn’t match visually with the others)

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought a few packs of Double Diamond yesterday, pulled Chikurimon and Pukumon, and realised they look pretty similar

I thought of Shakkoumon as a Perfect (and it also works in the card game) since it’s also got the round and silver head and big red eyes, but I can’t think of a Champion (Hookmon’s the only Champion is the card game that can evolve from Black and into Yellow or Blue that I can think of, but it doesn’t match visually with the others)
Is there a Mambomon card? That might work.

RizeVeedramon X

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Name a more iconic duo, I'll wait
I think LovelyAngemon is the absolute best Ultimate for Dressmon. Fits the beauty theming, the visual theming, and doesn't have strong association with any other line. I do wish there was a good way to give Jiji/Baba a strong sense of duality. Right now I have them as the Monzaemon/Pandamon Ultimates, which isn't ideal in my opinion. Could be worse though.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
rFLlN2K.jpeg

Dex-Dorugoramon has always felt like a natural Cyberdramon evolution to me, with Raptordramon also feeling like a natural pre-evolution.

Ryudamon because he looks like a good rookie for cyberdramon.

Zyplum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That actually makes a lot of sense, tbh. The only one that I'm wondering is how Ryudamon is a good prevo for Raptordramon but upon thinking about it, it makes some sense!

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That actually makes a lot of sense, tbh. The only one that I'm wondering is how Ryudamon is a good prevo for Raptordramon but upon thinking about it, it makes some sense!
It's been a thing since Pendulum X, that's just canon. Ryudamon lines and Dorumon lines being joined at the hip was always a thing.

Hell, when Hacker's Memory brought back Ryudamon it even brought that back.

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do people think about this? Am I overthinking it a little?
https://imgur.com/bIDfg7e
honestly I would say just the gun-arm and being dragon/dinosaurs would be enough to link them
rFLlN2K.jpeg

Dex-Dorugoramon has always felt like a natural Cyberdramon evolution to me, with Raptordramon also feeling like a natural pre-evolution.

maybe change Cyberdramon to the X-Antibody one so the whole line’s X-Antibody?

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a great idea! It makes him a counterpart to Mugendramon, I never thought of that, it works out perfectly!

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oooh, the X antibody is a really good idea.
What do people think about this? Am I overthinking it a little?
https://imgur.com/bIDfg7e
honestly I would say just the gun-arm and being dragon/dinosaurs would be enough to link them
rFLlN2K.jpeg

maybe change Cyberdramon to the X-Antibody one so the whole line’s X-Antibody

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well Ryumon to Raptordramon is good but I really prefer to have Ryudamon evolving to keep samurai gears. Raptordramon is just... Cyborg raptor dragon with no warrior gears.

But still I like this anyways. Because Cyberdramon to DexDORUGoramon felt so... Somewhat fitting yet perfect.

Dracomon - Airdramon - Wingdramon - DORUgoramon to counter that line? lol

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find this design feel like it's more of shiny blackness Hornet.

To other people's views: Futuristic Cyberdramon, Insect Cyberdramon, Hybrid Cyberdramon with both normal and Xros designs mixed, Advanced X-Antibody Cyberdramon, and even Tron Cyberdramon... Also Abyss Cyberdramon. So many interesting views from people's first impression upon that Cyberdramon X.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Line based around real world evolution (kinda):

evolution_by_industrialpanic_deu9v6r-fullview.jpg

Fish -> Amphibian -> Diapsids (reptiles) and Synapsids -> Birds and Mammals -> Birdmen and humans