Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
once again was feeling bored so decided to whip up another of my Sprite DIM Card charts, this time for Gomamon;

UkRhPnF.png

with the Evolution paths past Adult going as such;

Ikkakumon-> Zudomon, Blizzarmon, Mammon

Rukamon-> Whamon, Orcamon, Zudomon

Mojyamon-> Blizzarmon, Mammon, Sagomon

Depthmon-> Sagomon, Orcamon, Whamon

Zudomon-> Vikemon, Plesiomon

Whamon-> KingWhamon, Plesiomon

Blizzarmon-> Vikemon, SkullMammon X

Orcamon-> Plesiomon, KingWhamon

Mammon-> SkullMammon X, KingWhamon

Sagomon-> SkullMammon X, Vikemon

this one ended up being really easy once I figured out the Adults, pretty much the only major twists were me deciding on Mammon for the sixth Perfect slot, and deciding on SkullMammon X for one of the Ultimate slots(originally was going to use Olegmon for it's slot but I decided the fan made sprite I have for him is kind of underwhelming), incidentally SkullMammon X marks the first time I've used a non "Native" X-Antibody Digimon for one of these sprite charts mostly because I felt it would work better than the regular version(prior to this I had avoided grabbing X-Antibody Digimon sprites mostly out of laziness but I might amend that now)

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Noticed this:

twBYdHg.png

Jellymon's a bit of a stretch. She seems more Renamon + Impmon if anything.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True, but everything we've seen so far seems to be pointing to a mischievous prankster type.

Last edited:

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Noticed this:

twBYdHg.png

Jellymon's a bit of a stretch. She seems more Renamon + Impmon if anything.
Well we haven't seen how her personality is yet.
She’s been described as liking to prank Kyoshiro and troll him for his fear of ghosts…which sounds way more like Impmon than it does Guilmon or Renamon.

gerocabral

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been stuck on this line for a while now so does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for this?
Ignitemon > Flarerizamon/Lynxmon > Skullmeramon/Flaremon > Marsmon

The Idea is to connect Ignitemon to Marsmon due to being Mervamons brother in Fusion, preferably bypassing anything from leomons line.

Im leaning towards Ignitemon > Flarerizamon > Flaremon > Marsmon
While Flaremon doesnt have a helmet/face covering it acts like the bridge between Flarerizamon and marsmon and its data could be used to help create Marsmons mask.
Skullmeramon has the mask and more human body but then its reptile > reptile > man > god-man with feline attributes. While it works well I dont know if it works well enough as the feline aspects dont have a source.

Lynxmon is for a more feline line being Ignitemon > Lynxmon > Flaremon > Marsmon
While it loses the Mask aspect until later I do like how easy the transition from Lynxmon to Marsmon is. Lynxmon is also a better source for Marsmons mask as well.

If there was a seperate fire feline perfect I could find I would easily swap flaremon out but I wasnt able to find one.
Hi,i was rereading and found this,maybe astamon would fit?and something like yasyamon before for a full mask humanoid digimon line,it wouldn't work if you necessarily want a fire themed line but it still works for a different aproach

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
any thoughts on my two new charts?
Bit nitpicky but there's too much whitespace in the boxes around your Digimon in your charts. It makes them a bit hard to read.

Depthmon to Sagomon then to Skull Mammon X seems an odd choice.

Mjoyamon to Blizzarmon is good. Thats how I imagine it. Has it ever been an official evolution?

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bit nitpicky but there's too much whitespace in the boxes around your Digimon in your charts. It makes them a bit hard to read.

Mjoyamon to Blizzarmon is good. Thats how I imagine it. Has it ever been an official evolution?

Happened for the first time in the 2020 card game it seems as it can evolve from any lv4 Blue Champion.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

that's a bit of a consequence of my template being a modification of an older one I had made, that one had less empty space

Sagomon to SkullMammon X is meant to tie in with the skulls Sagomon wears, also going from a Demon Man Digimon that goes into berserker rages to an Undead that mindlessly wages endless battle also felt thematically appropriate(and similarly Vikemon works in that regard too), though it ultimately comes down to the limitations of how standard DIM Cards are supposed to work, it just means sometimes you get an oddball evolution out of "pairing the spares" like for example Mammon's other Ultimate on my chart being KingWhamon(or on the Palmon chart Anomalocarimon mostly being there as a reference to the DS Story games having it and Palmon connected through MoriShellmon and that also allowing me to reduce how plant heavy the chart is so that there'll be just a bit less repetition when I do charts for some of the other Plant Childs)

yeah Mojyamon to Blizarrmon was a pretty obvious choice(and noticeably it's become a bit of a trend for me to use the Beast Spirits on these Adventure Partner charts to help fill out the Perfect slots, only Gabumon and Piyomon haven't so far)

RizeVeedramon X

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
unknown.png

What's their endgame? This is the most secretive and mysterious Digimon family out there, with seemingly no relationship at all between most of its members. But it's real, I tell you. It's real and they know something.

JCDrakengard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its wierd cause isnt the "Bee" in some Digimon's name is short for "beetle", like with "Jewelbeemon" is short for "Jewel Beetle", if I'm remembering correctly. I could totally be wrong.

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, Jewelbeemon doesn't really look like he's got bee features.

RizeVeedramon X

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its wierd cause isnt the "Bee" in some Digimon's name is short for "beetle", like with "Jewelbeemon" is short for "Jewel Beetle", if I'm remembering correctly. I could totally be wrong.
Possibly, though I'm not sure how one could possibly know the difference. I'm inclined to say no, though, considering that there is AncientBeetmon, which obviously keeps the "to" / ト

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jewelbeemon's profile literally specifies "jewel beetle".

As for the others, the "bee"-based ones (Fanbeemon line, Honeybeemon) are obvious. Flybeemon has a stinger that is specifically mentioned in its profile, so that's likely "bee" too. Dinobeemon's nickname is "Terrible Bee", though its evolution (GranKuwagamon) is a beetle.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sirenmon.jpg

I'm looking for the best evolution line of Sirenmon that highlights her aquatic side. Mega level isn't needed

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sirenmon.jpg

I'm looking for the best evolution line of Sirenmon that highlights her aquatic side. Mega level isn't needed
I always thought that Swanmon was the most appropiet Adult stage for Sirenmon, despite not having much overtly aquatic elements in it's design other than beign a water bird. It is said to live in cold places, so Penmon would work very well as the Rookie