Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tried to use imgur and getting the message (Image cannot be loaded from the passed link). :D:D:D
Are you using the Image Link or Direct Link url? I use the direct link url (the one ending in the file extension: .jpg, .png, etc.) in the Insert Image option of the forum.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
when it comes to Dorulumon I usually just use Gaomon for the Child stage and not worry about the colors not matching, as it's not exactly a new thing in the franchise(like Piyomon being Pink while her evolutions are Orange, Red, and Gold respectively), and he matches well enough in pretty much every other respect visually

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
here are two evolution lines I found posted by people on other websites that I like

fjJaaQ4.png

for this one the maker was simply going for a clown theme throughout. I can see why normal Wizardmon would be less clown-like than FlameWizardmon

wUwNdw1.jpeg

here somebody was simply making something that looks nice visually but after seeing this I can never not headcanon Agumon Expert as Gankoomon's rookie, it's just too perfect. Even if the in-betweens are instead Meramon and Skull Meramon I would want to keep Agumon Expert as the rookie stage

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wearing a pelt of fur is still the same as "having fur" 🥴
If I put on a fur coat that means I have fur?

here somebody was simply making something that looks nice visually but after seeing this I can never not headcanon Agumon Expert as Gankoomon's rookie, it's just too perfect. Even if the in-betweens are instead Meramon and Skull Meramon I would want to keep Agumon Expert as the rookie stage
I dunno, the jacket being the same as his shirt is one thing, but the temperament is a whole other thing. Maybe Nise instead?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I put on a fur coat that means I have fur?

Alright, enough of this argument. (And Mattman, it's clear that you willfully misunderstood the original post about that Gabumon's color. Don't be a smartass for no reason.)

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno, the jacket being the same as his shirt is one thing, but the temperament is a whole other thing. Maybe Nise instead?
I agree their general personalities aren't similar but I think it's alright for digimon personalities to change upon evolving. The greatest example I can think of is Cherrymon and Puppetmon where Cherrymon is the franchise's go-to prior stage for Puppetmon to the point that its Reference Book page outright says it comes from Cherrymon wood data but their personalities are nearly perfect opposites

nv6d526.png

this is the first thing that came to mind for Agumon Expert -> Gankoomon. It's not the most visually consistent but I think it looks really fun

vcUpmDv.png

even though the reference book updates today were such a nice little treat, they unfortunately didn't give us a little treat! The Digimon Profile really highlights that aside from Shortmon and Weddinmon, the other food digimon are all savory; much too savory to give this line a food based child 😟

edit:
OFI3yay.png

MEkdgsq.png

I didn't know about Reverse Weddinmon or the relationship to Candmon on the Xros Wars manga

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think there are few posts of mine mentioned about Eyesmon/Abaddomon so... Whose topic?

Ahh Negamon's cause involved with its "indirect" armies though all episodes in Bracelet evolution style huh? Nice nice it could include one more huge room for Algomon forms.

DaisukeDoi7

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's a cool idea I had for a set of evolutions. You know how some Digimon are put into special groups? I wanted to try that but play with the theme of Elemental Guardians who help the Royal Knights with protecting the Digital World against threats under one strong Digimon. I also based this off of the Hashira from Demon Slayer if you've ever watched that.
QrG24Fu.png

I tried to go for theme based evolutions, but I also wanted to be more "wild" with it, as these are supposed to be Digimon who trained themselves into being the strongest of the strong. The element symbols were taken from this wiki.

Rimokon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there is a food related DIM:

Baby I
Pipimon

Baby II
Torikaraballmon

Child
Burgamon

Adult
Boarmon
Potamon
Shortmon
Vegimon

Perfect
Cho-Hakkaimon
Delumon
Jagamon
Weddinmon
Digitamamon
Pumpmon

Ultimate
Ceresmon
Bacchusmon
NoblePumpmon
HolyDigitamamon

- Pipimon is said to be a fruit
- used Boarmon instead of Burgamon Adult for more variation. Same goes with Vegimon.
- Shortmon and Potamon is a given because of food related evolutions.
- Cho-Hakkaimon is said to be a voracious eater
- Delumon and Digitamamon are restaurant owners and cooks in some anime seasons.
- the other 3 perfects looks like food items
- Ceresmon provides food from its body, which Bacchusmon can use to make wine.
- NoblePumpmon just because.
- HolyDigitamamon just to introduce it properly and have a official debut

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fourth one not pictured(Triceramon>Cannondramon), but either way I think Cannondramon is the best ultimate/mega for Armadimon. Retains similar colors and design approach.

Enpitsu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fourth one not pictured(Triceramon>Cannondramon), but either way I think Cannondramon is the best ultimate/mega for Armadimon. Retains similar colors and design approach.
The problem is that there's not much continuity between Triceramon and Cannondramon, while Groundramon has elements that link together Ankylomon and Cannondramon

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was going off the idea that it stays dinosaurian rather than changing to a dragon. There isn’t as much in common, but plenty of “official” digivolutions take a little swerve at the end.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's a cool idea I had for a set of evolutions. You know how some Digimon are put into special groups? I wanted to try that but play with the theme of Elemental Guardians who help the Royal Knights with protecting the Digital World against threats under one strong Digimon. I also based this off of the Hashira from Demon Slayer if you've ever watched that.
QrG24Fu.png

I tried to go for theme based evolutions, but I also wanted to be more "wild" with it, as these are supposed to be Digimon who trained themselves into being the strongest of the strong. The element symbols were taken from this wiki.
honestly the only thing I can really say about this is you need to learn how to resize images better, because the low quality of these is too distracting for me to really say much about the lines themselves

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@drrockso20 to be honest I'm so used to seeing low quality Digimon images that I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. I am viewing it on mobile though so it's probably more noticeable on desktop.

Anyways the second black dragon themed line is my favorite along with the plant, yellow dragon, and bug line.
For the Toy Agumon one I feel like Metal Tyrannomon might be better than Datamon?