Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

RizeVeedramon X

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I've been working on a huge project to map out the "true" evolution lines of every Digimon that currently exists. Obviously what constitutes "true" is entirely up for debate, but I'm sure most people in this thread basically understand what it means. I wanted to do the project in the form of a massive, clean visual representation of said evolutions, so I made a spreadsheet. I had to lay down some rules though. First, I would try to keep to "officially" know evolutions where possible (using Wikimon as a resource), however there are many instances where I deviate from this for a good opportunity. Second, I would try to keep the official levels of everything intact, but again, there are exceptions to this when there is a good opportunity. Third, and most importantly, NO DUPLICATES! Or at least, I would try my absolute best to reduce the number of duplicates (only Omegamon types really have this problem, because it can't reasonably stated whether they belong with the Agumon or Gabumon family). Every time I broke one of the rules, it is clearly marked on the chart.

It's now maybe 90% complete, and I intend to keep updating it. My entire inspiration for doing the chart was the fact that recent years have seen a lot of new evolutions released for very old Digimon who never really had a line of their own (eg. Titamon, NoblePumpmon, etc), so I will take joy in filling out the red spaces as time goes on. I hadn't actually intended to really share this chart anywhere, as it's mostly for my own amusement, but I happened to find this thread via Google and figured some of you may be interested in such a thing. It's all on a Google spreadsheet, so anyone can make comments/suggestions if they wish and I will consider them. At the bottom you'll find tabs for all the Digimon yet to be incorporated into a line. If you disagree with any choices I've made, please feel free to rip into me, I'd love to hear why.

Here's the chart, enjoy:

Also, if my very creative name sounds familiar (minus the X), it's because I used to be a more active participant in the Digimon community circa 2007-2012, though I was a teen at the time. I started on the CCG forums, ended up getting into spriting, ran the Digimon Universe site after CCG went down, and helped run Tamers of the Future after that. I used to have an account here too, but I wasn't too active, and seem to be locked out now. I never stopped enjoying Digimon, but my ecitement for Ghost Game has really spurred me into having a little more fun.
Very cool, I have a similar spreadsheet too but there are branching evolutions so some duplicates in the pre-evos. It's in my signature if you wanna take a look and maybe get some inspiration :D
Wow, that's awesome. I'm absolutely gonna take some inspiration from that, thank you.
So I've been working on a huge project to map out the "true" evolution lines of every Digimon that currently exists. Obviously what constitutes "true" is entirely up for debate, but I'm sure most people in this thread basically understand what it means. I wanted to do the project in the form of a massive, clean visual representation of said evolutions, so I made a spreadsheet. I had to lay down some rules though. First, I would try to keep to "officially" know evolutions where possible (using Wikimon as a resource), however there are many instances where I deviate from this for a good opportunity. Second, I would try to keep the official levels of everything intact, but again, there are exceptions to this when there is a good opportunity. Third, and most importantly, NO DUPLICATES! Or at least, I would try my absolute best to reduce the number of duplicates (only Omegamon types really have this problem, because it can't reasonably stated whether they belong with the Agumon or Gabumon family). Every time I broke one of the rules, it is clearly marked on the chart.

It's now maybe 90% complete, and I intend to keep updating it. My entire inspiration for doing the chart was the fact that recent years have seen a lot of new evolutions released for very old Digimon who never really had a line of their own (eg. Titamon, NoblePumpmon, etc), so I will take joy in filling out the red spaces as time goes on. I hadn't actually intended to really share this chart anywhere, as it's mostly for my own amusement, but I happened to find this thread via Google and figured some of you may be interested in such a thing. It's all on a Google spreadsheet, so anyone can make comments/suggestions if they wish and I will consider them. At the bottom you'll find tabs for all the Digimon yet to be incorporated into a line. If you disagree with any choices I've made, please feel free to rip into me, I'd love to hear why.

Here's the chart, enjoy:

Also, if my very creative name sounds familiar (minus the X), it's because I used to be a more active participant in the Digimon community circa 2007-2012, though I was a teen at the time. I started on the CCG forums, ended up getting into spriting, ran the Digimon Universe site after CCG went down, and helped run Tamers of the Future after that. I used to have an account here too, but I wasn't too active, and seem to be locked out now. I never stopped enjoying Digimon, but my ecitement for Ghost Game has really spurred me into having a little more fun.
Wow, that is cool. I was about to start making an excel spreadsheet to make a Pokedex style Digimon sheet but I couldn't figure out how to make each picture stay within one block.
I haven't figured out a way to do it in Excel, but you can do it on Google Sheets via Insert>Image>From URL. I wouldn't have done the project either had this feature not existed.
Ooh we talkin' spreadsheets? I have one- no pictures, just text- also trying to "fill out" evolution lines. Mine seems to be a bit different from some others here, though; Instead of trying to have all completely unique lines from Baby I to Ultimate with no duplicates, I'm just trying to make sure each Digimon from Child to Perfect has its own "main" evolution as one of many "branches" in its evolutionary tree. I also came up with some math formulas to make sure it's somewhat balanced and diverse. It's mostly for me to get ideas for fan Digimon I wanna make (there's a lot of Digimon, especially older ones, without dedicated "canon" evolutions and I think that's lame)... and because I just like making lists when I'm bored :ᚦ
That's really cool. I'm shocked so many others have made projects like this as well. I make lots of spreadsheets for fun based on various franchises or ideas that come to mind, and I kinda thought I was insane for doing so.

gerocabral

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
UP4O3eh.png

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha yeah nice evo images.

Angoramon - Galgomon - Catsuramon - SaintGalgomon
Angoramon - Komondomon - Catsuramon - SaintGalgomon both Terriermon style.

Angoramon - SymbareAngoramon - Andiramon (Virus) - Cherubimon any form

Angoramon - Mojyamon - Blizzarmon - Jijimon

Angoramon - SymbareAngoraon - Meicrackmon - Rasenmon (I know it's kinda weird but c'mon...)

Angoramon - Wendimon - no idea what's beyond evo.

Jellymon - Gesomon - Calamaramon - AncientMermaimon

Jellymon (floating head) - Mimicmon - MarineChimeramon - Regalecusmon

Jellymon - Ranamon - Blossomon - Lotusmon

To be honest it's weak to give impression.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh we talkin' spreadsheets? I have one- no pictures, just text- also trying to "fill out" evolution lines. Mine seems to be a bit different from some others here, though; Instead of trying to have all completely unique lines from Baby I to Ultimate with no duplicates, I'm just trying to make sure each Digimon from Child to Perfect has its own "main" evolution as one of many "branches" in its evolutionary tree. I also came up with some math formulas to make sure it's somewhat balanced and diverse. It's mostly for me to get ideas for fan Digimon I wanna make (there's a lot of Digimon, especially older ones, without dedicated "canon" evolutions and I think that's lame)... and because I just like making lists when I'm bored :ᚦ
I'll be interested in seeing yours for how you use formulas.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How about these lines

Gammamon > BetelGammamon > Canoweissmon > Aegisdramon/Chaosdramon
Angoramon > SymbareAngoramon/Leomon > Monzaemon > Saberleomon/Anubismon
Jellymon > TeslaJellymon > Marinedevimon > MarineAngemon/Pukumon

I was thinking a mode change for Canoweissmon like star mode or galaxy mode.

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Working out a Shademon > Moon=Millenniumon line

Image Thumbnail
Shademon Nene is humanoid with a familiar attached to one shoulder, Devidramon adds the discoloured skin, outfit and covered face, as well as Dramon data for later

LadyDevimon and her familiar is a little reminiscent of Moon=Millenniumon’s two heads and Shademon is quite ghostly, Gigadramon adds the serpentine lower body and one head with two swept-back horns, CrysPaledramon adds the crystal and one head with three horns, two of which are swept-back

Zyplum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Working out a Shademon > Moon=Millenniumon line

Image Thumbnail
Shademon Nene is humanoid with a familiar attached to one shoulder, Devidramon adds the discoloured skin, outfit and covered face, as well as Dramon data for later

LadyDevimon and her familiar is a little reminiscent of Moon=Millenniumon’s two heads and Shademon is quite ghostly, Gigadramon adds the serpentine lower body and one head with two swept-back horns, CrysPaledramon adds the crystal and one head with three horns, two of which are swept-back
That looks really cool! Best of luck on it.

I was browsing the thread and stumbled upon "Differential Partition" as everyone called it, such a fascinating concept! I figured that I should probably throw my hat into the ring, so I scoured Wikimon for a potential for the big bad Titamon himself, I knew that I wanted SkullGreymon and Rebellimon as the original components, and I already had an idea on what to use for ol' SkullGreymon, but finding one for Rebellimon that would fit was the one that took the larger amount of time. I'm exactly attached to SkullSatamon being Rebellimon's form after the partition, but it's the best that I could come up with.
EDIT: Is it fixed?

Last edited:

DaisukeDoi7

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
iisoTAs.png

Some digivolution lines for important characters in a fanfiction project that I am working on. I tried to keep each one to a certain theme, and I used Vitrium Baby because I thought it would be a cool rookie form, even if it's not a Digimon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might not work well with Orange fur but yellow skin is what he normally has. Though I get the connection though it may not be the best color for him.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Mynor was referring to its fur.
Gabumon doesn't have fur, it has a pelt that it stole off something and is wearing like a cloak.

Gabumon is itself a yellow reptile.

2koxhvglzvd51.jpg

And the yellow reptile parts didn't change.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wearing a pelt of fur is still the same as "having fur" 🥴
I feel like orange pelted Gabumon could look good if his other body colors were changed

MightyDuckitron

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tried to use imgur and getting the message (Image cannot be loaded from the passed link). :D:D:D