Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shadows
Wgg5AdU.jpg
With that many eyes I'm surprised you didn't add in duskmon, devitamamon or keramon x.
Black Rose? Ha. That's a fun idea. Good job.
Come to think of it, why don't we have a black rosemon yet? Given how many virus variations we have of other digimon and that black roses are a thing I just find it weird we don't have one. Could make an evil lilymon to evolve into it with a spider lily theme. Would be neat dark evos for palmon

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All are correct but I can still dream. We have 3 versions of growlmon, 2 of which are virus. We have 2 versions of ghoulmon and both are virus and evil as heck. I lost count on how many agumon variants we have but some of them overlap in terms of type and personality. Plus, lore retcons do happen. Like with metalgreymon virus no longer being considered the true metalgreymon and stuff.

More on topic though, while we have palmon under the magnifying glass here, does anybody else find it kinda cool how interchangeable palmon's evo line is with lalamon's? Lalamon's always just looked like a cute little togemon to me.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Palmon -> Togemon and Lalamon -> Sunflowmon feel so switched.
Palmon and Sunflowmon are both reptilian flower heads and Togemon and Lalamon share the same face and a similar body shape

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That bottom one's very interesting.
Though I'm surprised NidHoggmon was omitted.
I was wondering if someone would notice, tbh i forgot about him or else he would be there too... somewhere

Palmon and Sunflowmon are both reptilian flower heads and Togemon and Lalamon share the same face and a similar body shape
You could also continue the trend of OoO face with Ponchomon and BanchoLilymon and the reptilian plant flower head with Petaldramon and Hydramon

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lines based on the seven human Souls from undertale:

derimb9-7c2597a5-a310-4613-a347-81fa8158617f.png

Determination (pacifist)

derimv7-fa923923-6a89-4b25-a01b-b66b1775868b.png

Patience

derimwa-0e53382f-e4fa-446e-b30c-9edb6c014aab.png

Bravery

integrity_by_industrialpanic_derimxx-fullview.jpg

Integrity

derin1q-efdfdb9d-6ef9-4ac8-98ab-0ef0867ced80.png

Kindness

derin44-33f2227d-0030-4902-9f72-185aa2b12e18.png

Perseverance

derin6k-f56da97f-fe13-4fea-83fa-4439b0a108ef.png

Justice

determination__genocide__by_industrialpanic_derin88-fullview.jpg

Determination (genocide)

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My thoughts exactly. I'd also consider switching tanemon and budmon. Tanemon and lalamon have the same little sprout on their head and budmon and palmon are both a bit prickly and have leaves (palmons arms are kind of leaves, right?). Then I'd say of the two ultimates, lilymon makes the better choice for sunflowmon given the continuation of leaf wings and the small sunflower motifs.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. There is Bancho Lillymon. I think she is black. But great work MOT. I was wondering about that. Thank you.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bancho Lillymon isn't quite a rose and is hard to see as a dark evo, though. Its profile says it fights for the weak and has saved many from evil digimon

Darkiu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you guys would use for a Sheepmon evolution? Excluding Pajramon of course

I was thinking a Lopmon-Sheepmon-BlackRapidmon-? because the rockets from sheepmon look a lot like the ones that Rapidmon shoots. I dont like Blackmegagargomon that much, but I guess is the one that fits the most to keep them smiley faces.
I also wanted to use KaiserLeomon to mimic a bit the Sheep and the Wolf tale (if Kaiserleomon were a wolf this would be my favourite) but BlackWeregarurumon might work best
I also considered Sheepmon-Antylamon/Ex-Tyrannomon-Cherubimon/Holydramon but the Antylamon one is too similar to the original Lopmon line and the Ex-Tyrannomon one while keeping the colors feels a bit weird to be honest (A sheep turning into a dragon isn´t the weirdest thing I´ve seen in Digimon though)

Darkiu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thats sounds pretty good, I´ll try some lines with It

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH shoot. That is genius. Birds in ball pants.

Never thought of Hyokomon goes Sinduramon.

Hmm how about Hyokomon - Buraimon - Vulturemon - Ornismon? The samurai who failed the Samurai exam and decided to be even more savage! Something like that.

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, having played card battle on ps1 when I was young, I remember a few digimon having unusual levels. Like black gatomon being a rookie or tekkamon being a champion. Being that we already have some digimon who come in multiple levels like whamon, can card battle's levels be considered canon? I ask because I think it'd be cool to have tekkamon turn into giromon or black gatomon into witchmon (black cat, witch, you get it)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They were canon to that game, so I don't see why not. The original Digital Card Battle also had Gotsumon as an Adult, and Digimon World 3's in-game card game had an Adult-level MarineDevimon.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like black gatomon being a rookie
Blacktailmon was a Child because regular Tailmon was a Child because it was a Partner (technically it had two versions, but the child version is more visible because of its Partner nature, so...).

That said, if you have reason to, people aren't going to complain too much if you move something up and down a level. Digimon's done it enough on its own, and it'll probably be less absurd than, say, Perfect level Shakomon.