Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

I have this idea of a line since Kotemon was treated as a Machine-species Digimon in the DS games. (Maybe the developers thought Kotemon was a Cyborg Digimon?) I didn’t want to use Guardromon, cause he looked out of place for Kotemon (maybe that’s just me), but Yasyamon is fitting as he has a lanky-humanoid design and having a somewhat similar pose to Andromon.

It makes sense as Kotemon and Yasyamon wield weapon(s), Andromon’s Lightning Blade/Spiral Sword was originally depicted as wielding two electric batons(?) in Digimon World and especially was seen in the CGI opening of Pocket Digimon World, and HiAndromon’s Copy Paste is withdrawing metal batons from his back and using those to attack. I could see the Mega form "calling back" to the Rookie and Champion form, such as traits of possessing dual weapons.

Speaking of Kotemon being confused for a machine-based Digimon, it made me realized that Kamemon is the only Cyborg Rookie Digimon in the series so far.
I realized this line is also fitting for HiAndromon to Craniamon, since he also possesses a weapon as well and gains the "warrior theme".

tcQ4ZPo.png

Here’s an alternative version with Strikedramon > Cyberdramon > Justimon Critical Arm in Kotemon’s line. In a way, this works too cause Strikedramon and Justimon has a metal mask and Cyberdramon has some sort of mask-like feature on his face and since Kotemon’s a Reptile Digimon, the two dragons fits the transitioning so well.
Bonus points for a seamless color transition from rookie to champion as well!

tcQ4ZPo.png

Here’s an alternative version with Strikedramon > Cyberdramon > Justimon Critical Arm in Kotemon’s line. In a way, this works too cause Strikedramon and Justimon has a metal mask and Cyberdramon has some sort of mask-like feature on his face and since Kotemon’s a Reptile Digimon, the two dragons fits the transitioning so well.
The Crit-arm acting as a sword could look really nice in a Warp-Evolution sequence.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Zyplum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, I decided to make a crackpot idea immortalized by me making a doc and brainstorming story ideas for it, but for now I'll just go over one of the two teams I have in mind(next one will be soon if I get off my lazy butt). Sorry if it's bad, it's my first time making this kind of line
So the inspiration for this line is that Mugendramon/Machinedramon is, according to the reference book, a combination of different Cyborg and Machine type Digimon. So, of course my brain eventually registered this as "Megazord", but I wouldn't stop at that, no, I decided to make this even more complicated by adding more DNA digivolving/jogressing(I'll exlain that later) with the other team I mentioned.
To sort out any confusion, MetalGreymon and MetalMamemon are the forms being used in the jogress/Dna Digivolution/fusion/whatever you want to call it.

n9W_aZBrq5P5cTKdxzMrxSIek6n7IvuA2z6QFSQ4NkR8ydxu-YBlnbSRTwX7wvpqg3IboIWwuoHyh-8mANzAlLHMecDx5y-z1mpvOLsthTI8NVE7TB_1YP44ai5LIYTI8MuU1eOVCxltBw=s0

The line for Otamamon is based off of one of the posts on this thread, and I realized that I'm an idiot for not seeing it sooner. I switched MetalGreymon with MetalTyrannomon because my brain thinks the colors fit better for some reason and I had MetalGreymon for a different line.

The Mamemon line is a bit complicated, as far as the two Ultimates/Perfects, so let me explain. I chose Elecmon Violet because the colors matched better with Thunderballmon, and the reason for the two Perfects is because of A) the Cyborg Megazord idea; and B) I thought it would be good if in universe Mamemon and it's tamer decided to get it mechanically enhanced to help with the increasngly stronger foes the team encounters.

I have no justification for Kokuwamon, I just wanted to not use Hagurumon. After that, it's the standard Guardromon to Andromon.

So fun fact, Otamamon and Patamon would be the smallest rookies of this team because I find it funny for the smallest to become one of if not THE biggest Megas. Anyway, I noticed that Gigadramon could evolve from Airdramon and would make sense due to the underbelly of Airdramon and the lower half of Gigadramon. Then I mused about which rookie level wold work best, and I eventually decided on Patamon because of me liking the idea of Patamon ending up becoming the mode of transportation for it's and Elecmon's tamers.

And now we come to Flamon, oh boy. I chose Flamon because of me wanting to involve the Ten Legendary Warriors, and also wanting to use the(at least to my knowledge) not usually used Virus attribute Greymon outside of maybe Black Agumon. As for Vritramn/BurningGreymon, I wanted to keep some sense of Flamon being a weakened version of the Warrior of Flame, but I didn't want to use Agunimon since I felt that would be too obvious. As for the transition to MetalGreymon, it's the same as Mamemon-MetalMamemon but sticking to the lore of the two original forms of MetalGreymon, this is being done on the champion form due to Greymon seemingly not being able to reach Perfect no matter how hard both it and their tamer try, so in order to keep up with and continue helping their team, Greymon undergoes the same cybernization as Mamemon did, Vritramon only finally being unlocked when the team is separated by something that I haven't nailed down yet.

Last edited:
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, I decided to make a crackpot idea immortalized by me making a doc and brainstorming story ideas for it, but for now I'll just go over one of the two teams I have in mind(next one will be soon if I get off my lazy butt). Sorry if it's bad, it's my first time making this kind of line
So the inspiration for this line is that Mugendramon/Machinedramon is, according to the reference book, a combination of different Cyborg and Machine type Digimon. So, of course my brain eventually registered this as "Megazord", but I wouldn't stop at that, no, I decided to make this even more complicated by adding more DNA digivolving/jogressing(I'll exlain that later) with the other team I mentioned.
To sort out any confusion, MetalGreymon and MetalMamemon are the forms being used in the jogress/Dna Digivolution/fusion/whatever you want to call it.

n9W_aZBrq5P5cTKdxzMrxSIek6n7IvuA2z6QFSQ4NkR8ydxu-YBlnbSRTwX7wvpqg3IboIWwuoHyh-8mANzAlLHMecDx5y-z1mpvOLsthTI8NVE7TB_1YP44ai5LIYTI8MuU1eOVCxltBw=s0

The line for Otamamon is based off of one of the posts on this thread, and I realized that I'm an idiot for not seeing it sooner. I switched MetalGreymon with MetalTyrannomon because my brain thinks the colors fit better for some reason and I had MetalGreymon for a different line.

The Mamemon line is a bit complicated, as far as the two Ultimates/Perfects, so let me explain. I chose Elecmon Violet because the colors matched better with Thunderballmon, and the reason for the two Perfects is because of A) the Cyborg Megazord idea; and B) I thought it would be good if in universe Mamemon and it's tamer decided to get it mechanically enhanced to help with the increasngly stronger foes the team encounters.

I have no justification for Kokuwamon, I just wanted to not use Hagurumon. After that, it's the standard Guardromon to Andromon.

So fun fact, Otamamon and Patamon would be the smallest rookies of this team because I find it funny for the smallest to become one of if not THE biggest Megas. Anyway, I noticed that Gigadramon could evolve from Airdramon and would make sense due to the underbelly of Airdramon and the lower half of Gigadramon. Then I mused about which rookie level wold work best, and I eventually decided on Patamon because of me liking the idea of Patamon ending up becoming the mode of transportation for it's and Elecmon's tamers.

And now we come to Flamon, oh boy. I chose Flamon because of me wanting to involve the Ten Legendary Warriors, and also wanting to use the(at least to my knowledge) not usually used Virus attribute Greymon outside of maybe Black Agumon. As for Vritramn/BurningGreymon, I wanted to keep some sense of Flamon being a weakened version of the Warrior of Flame, but I didn't want to use Agunimon since I felt that would be too obvious. As for the transition to MetalGreymon, it's the same as Mamemon-MetalMamemon but sticking to the lore of the two original forms of MetalGreymon, this is being done on the champion form due to Greymon seemingly not being able to reach Perfect no matter how hard both it and their tamer try, so in order to keep up with and continue helping their team, Greymon undergoes the same cybernization as Mamemon did, Vritramon only finally being unlocked when the team is separated by something that I haven't nailed down yet.
A few things.
1. Minor gripe, the piece for mugendramon is supposed to be Megadramon, not Gigadramon. Very minor, but since the others are the canonical pieces used, I feel it should be Megadramon instead. The line still makes aesthetic sense so I think it works.
2. The Mamemon>Metalmamemon is a nice Digimon World 1 reference, I like it!

Zyplum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few things.
1. Minor gripe, the piece for mugendramon is supposed to be Megadramon, not Gigadramon. Very minor, but since the others are the canonical pieces used, I feel it should be Megadramon instead. The line still makes aesthetic sense so I think it works.
Thanks! And I was originally going for Megadramon for that piece, but I figured that since Airdramon and Gigadramon's colors are at least a little closer than Airdramon to Megadramon that I would give that spot to the purple anti-air dragon instead. It isn't used all that often from little I know of and seen, so I figured that I could give the boi this one. As for the Digimon World 1 reference, I just thought that'd make sense for it to be organic and then undergo the process, in order to keep some consistency in the line, although I did have a feeling that the fact that it was shown on wikimon was a ref to World 1, I haven't played that one.

Last edited:

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few things.
Thanks! And I was originally going for Megadramon for that piece, but I figured that since Airdramon and Gigadramon's colors are at least a little closer than Airdramon to Gigadramon that I would give that spot to the purple anti-air dragon instead. It isn't used all that often from little I know of and seen, so I figured that I could give the boi this one. As for the Digimon World 1 reference, I just thought that'd make sense for it to be organic and then undergo the process, in order to keep some consistency in the line, although I did have a feeling that the fact that it was shown on wikimon was a ref to World 1, I haven't played that one.
You could swap out patamon for dracomon. It's got a much closer color scheme to airdramon as well as similar horns. Plus, not sure why I mentioned this last, they're both dragons, so it'd maintain the dragon theme as well.

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd loved to see Chuumon -> Searchmon in Adventure: !

This makes me think... A lot of "normalization" of Armor-level Digimon have been seen, but what about the other way???
What about "armorization" of normal Digimon, say Champions?

Say, Agumon + Digimental of Courage = Meramon (idk, replace Agumon if you like, is just an example for you to get my gist).

What do you think can work this way?

I'm on board with this. On the one hand, I think that having maybe Armour versions of regular Digimon brought on by the DigiEggs/Digimentals is a wicked idea (Rapidmon, Rapidmon Armour), I think since we've already seen Digimon evolve into Armour forms naturally or with crest influence, it would also make sense to do the same in reverse and have the Digimentals act as an evolution kick start rather than a guarantee of what they'll become.

Zyplum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few things.
Thanks! And I was originally going for Megadramon for that piece, but I figured that since Airdramon and Gigadramon's colors are at least a little closer than Airdramon to Megadramon that I would give that spot to the purple anti-air dragon instead. It isn't used all that often from little I know of and seen, so I figured that I could give the boi this one. As for the Digimon World 1 reference, I just thought that'd make sense for it to be organic and then undergo the process, in order to keep some consistency in the line, although I did have a feeling that the fact that it was shown on wikimon was a ref to World 1, I haven't played that one.
You could swap out patamon for dracomon. It's got a much closer color scheme to airdramon as well as similar horns. Plus, not sure why I mentioned this last, they're both dragons, so it'd maintain the dragon theme as well.
That makes sense. Here's the revised digivolution chart for what we'll call Team-A
Kqcftv3ps0cwDyR-CTF0XlFgCiBQoqGumZ55oiS5oOCizfQGL7jlHqTa3dr47eVwLCA-aaAwIiqFNhG2aLLipDm_sR-gfG1-Up64Hp3NYrPwmz5fPe7u5qtVAEnept7ZEpd6-rpwPGYvzw=s0

And now for Team B(keep in mind that these charts aren't completely to scale of the size differences between forms)
NKgl_VABubZQvojn0V29Am82vScaRghjDe-4u6f5g1PqjyXwr0YCwt-4MNCAulFzURizDvbfg3_Zq_qQsjvMZvKmmQwCacYoBUCaB2cq9DZPlq2pTAwW76SSqG9giyoHr1i6yo7s2zMvFQ=s0

So fun fact, I did the bottom lines first so that's why I'm starting with the Dorulumon one. The champion and perfect are standard affair, of course, but I do want to give my reasoning for using the Gabumon alt pattern from Battle Spirits, it's mostly because I don't want to use Black Gabumon or normal Gabumon as neither of them really work for the color scheme of Dorulumon, I also wanted to keep in mind the lore of Gabumon's pelt which is made from the data of Garurumon.
As for the Liollmon line, it's standard fair and I wanted to stay consistent with the four legged style of Liollmon and Liamon so LoaderLiomon was the perfect option
Another fun fact, I'm ruling the middle/third up or down line's tamer as the one initiating the jogress, not the top, and that'll be important for the combined form as you can see. The Gaomon line is the standard Gaogamon line, nothing all that eye catching.
And now we come to what might be my favorite line in this set, Gazimon! I wanted to keep the fact that Gazimon is bipedal prominent, and I also knew that I couldn't just go with the usual Fangmon as it's champion without thinking that I messed up, so I went with Leomon to keep it going(also gives me an easy dark digivolution idea if I decide to use it), and then it's the stereotypical GrapLeomon and it's not the New Century art because I just don't like it all that much tbh.
So now it's Strabimon's turn, and one more fun fact, I already knew what I was gonna be doing with this guy for his evolution line. Strabimon < Garurumon makes sense and transitions well into Garummon as Strabimon's Ancient Warrior counterpart is AncientGarurumon and they have matching colors, too!
And now we come to the big guy, the blue Beast Knight type. To put it simpy, using CresGarurumon would be too easy(I think you can guess why given Chaosdramon). What's more, remember how I said Gaomon's tamer is the one leading the jogress? I decided to do this because of several key factors, A) It makes sense for yet ANOTHER jogress(this time between the two teams); B) The perfect level forms are either armored or made of metal(that last one is iffy at best) and most of them are on two feet. All in all, I think this was petty good, but I can easily improve on this in the future, not the near future, possibly years from now, but I will improve on this so help me god.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lines based on some non digimon characters made by Kenji Watanabe himself.

kenji_watanabe_1_by_industrialpanic_deravoy-fullview.jpg

kenji_watanabe_2_by_industrialpanic_deravqv-fullview.jpg

deravwj-011fb1bb-2b29-4140-a495-893c0c693dbb.png

(I really wish these and some other guys on Kenji's twitter page were digimon, they're pretty sweet)

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tbh that just makes me wish Kenji had other series other than Digimon that I can get into

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tbh that just makes me wish Kenji had other series other than Digimon that I can get into
True honestly, his more personal work just has such a cool "edgy" style I wouldn't mind seeing more of it in any context

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That dino mech by itself looks like it'd be a good fusion of Mechanorimon and Xros Greymon.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It still galls me that there's no Legendz gallery with clear pictures of each of them.

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a quick line I threw together for a humanoid/angelic line. I tried to maintain the whole sword/pole arm theme... *coughs* curse you angewomon *coughs*

ARhZRbq.png

gerocabral

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a quick line I threw together for a humanoid/angelic line. I tried to maintain the whole sword/pole arm theme... *coughs* curse you angewomon *coughs*

ARhZRbq.png
Maybe the Appmon Beautymon to keep the staff and angel theme?or even chohakkaimon

Anyways,what do you think about Angoramon as the ice spirits child?

L4hNuSx.png

I like the big child to small adult thing,and it looks similar to blizzarmon,it also has green in it's ears wich connects to chackmon

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More lines based on Kenji Watanabe characters

kenji_watanabe_4_by_industrialpanic_dercjfz-fullview.jpg

dercjhk-13a1dbbb-5c62-4238-a2e5-01505ccc0bad.png

kenji_watanabe_6_by_industrialpanic_dercjiu-fullview.jpg

kenji_watanabe_7_by_industrialpanic_dercjk5-fullview.jpg

(even outised of digimon, it seems Kenji just can't stop drawing Omnimons)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. He sure draws interesting stuff. Doubt they'd ever makes any of them canon.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@IndustrialPanic whoa those lines seem way too natural, although the Deckdramon one does feel weak after Deckdramon. I guess I just don't think Gigadramon is the best transition. But yeah, you make these seem like real evolutions

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
although the Deckdramon one does feel weak after Deckdramon. I guess I just don't think Gigadramon is the best transition. But yeah, you make these seem like real evolutions
There's not a lot of Perfect stages that really fit Deckdramon honestly. The best thing I can think other than Gigadramon is Tankdramon but I don't think it's that much better.

Deck is one of those digimon like MadLeomon Armed mode where every possible evo option that doesn't just skip a level feels like a downgrade.

(this line does make me wish that this vehicle lizard guy was an actual digimon 'tho, it would be a great Deckdramon rookie)

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
although the Deckdramon one does feel weak after Deckdramon. I guess I just don't think Gigadramon is the best transition. But yeah, you make these seem like real evolutions
There's not a lot of Perfect stages that really fit Deckdramon honestly. The best thing I can think other than Gigadramon is Tankdramon but I don't think it's that much better.

Deck is one of those digimon like MadLeomon Armed mode where every possible evo option that doesn't just skip a level feels like a downgrade.

(this line does make me wish that this vehicle lizard guy was an actual digimon 'tho, it would be a great Deckdramon rookie)
Deckerdramon sure as heck doesn’t feel like an Adult. His size and power are too much for that. I was annoyed he wasn’t Perfect at the very least. Given that he was BF’s extra disposable member like Beelzebumon I was shocked he wasn’t also an Ultimate.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't even realize I typoed Deckerdramon to "Deckdramon" twice but yeah, Tankdramon, Xros Wars Cyberdramon, and Xroses like Xros Wars Metal Greymon are kind of the only things I can think of but they all don't feel great