Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Pleasehearmyopinion

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do people thing about this puppet theme line.
msH204q.jpg
Think that's pretty solid but is there a more puppet-like rookie? I puppetier option, if you will.
I don't actually know of a puppet rookie, besides Tyutyumon or something but my thought proccess was that the bird on Nohemon's hand is canonically the real body, so Falcomon Evolves into it or something. I mostly just chose it because it looked nice asthetically.

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
msH204q.jpg
Think that's pretty solid but is there a more puppet-like rookie? I puppetier option, if you will.
I don't actually know of a puppet rookie, besides Tyutyumon or something but my thought proccess was that the bird on Nohemon's hand is canonically the real body, so Falcomon Evolves into it or something. I mostly just chose it because it looked nice asthetically.
Now that you mention it, I think the only true puppet rookies we have are sistermon and toyagumon variants. Bacomon is sort of an option though it's technically a mutant.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a player recolor but it still counts.
Literally does not count.
msH204q.jpg
Falcomon fits very well I think. I think it's fine that the first stage isn't a puppet. Zamielmon isn't a puppet either. But overall, the line is very coherent. Colorscheme is great. The bird connection from Falcomon to Nohemon is nice. and everyone is woodsy. Do I think Bakomon, Monmon, Ludomon, and Pumpkinmon make good alternatives, yes. But Zamielmon and Falcomon are best choice, IMO.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

I have this idea of a line since Kotemon was treated as a Machine-species Digimon in the DS games. (Maybe the developers thought Kotemon was a Cyborg Digimon?) I didn’t want to use Guardromon, cause he looked out of place for Kotemon (maybe that’s just me), but Yasyamon is fitting as he has a lanky-humanoid design and having a somewhat similar pose to Andromon.

It makes sense as Kotemon and Yasyamon wield weapon(s), Andromon’s Lightning Blade/Spiral Sword was originally depicted as wielding two electric batons(?) in Digimon World and especially was seen in the CGI opening of Pocket Digimon World, and HiAndromon’s Copy Paste is withdrawing metal batons from his back and using those to attack. I could see the Mega form "calling back" to the Rookie and Champion form, such as traits of possessing dual weapons.

Speaking of Kotemon being confused for a machine-based Digimon, it made me realized that Kamemon is the only Cyborg Rookie Digimon in the series so far.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

I have this idea of a line since Kotemon was treated as a Machine-species Digimon in the DS games. (Maybe the developers thought Kotemon was a Cyborg Digimon?) I didn’t want to use Guardromon, cause he looked out of place for Kotemon (maybe that’s just me), but Yasyamon is fitting as he has a lanky-humanoid design and having a somewhat similar pose to Andromon.

It makes sense as Kotemon and Yasyamon wield weapon(s), Andromon’s Lightning Blade/Spiral Sword was originally depicted as wielding two electric batons(?) in Digimon World and especially was seen in the CGI opening of Pocket Digimon World, and HiAndromon’s Copy Paste is withdrawing metal batons from his back and using those to attack. I could see the Mega form "calling back" to the Rookie and Champion form, such as traits of possessing dual weapons.

Speaking of Kotemon being confused for a machine-based Digimon, it made me realized that Kamemon is the only Cyborg Rookie Digimon in the series so far.

Mutant Digimon were mixed in as part of Machine in those days

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

The strange part is that Kotemon's a Reptile Digimon, not Mutant, so maybe they thought he was one of them?

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

The strange part is that Kotemon's a Reptile Digimon, not Mutant, so maybe they thought he was one of them?
I've always really liked kotemon for yasyamon. He has a lot more similarity with him than he does dinohyumon in my opinion. They're both blue monsters with 3 clawed feet who wear horned masks and wield wooden swords. C'est magnifique *chef kiss*

Also, having played games like digimon world dusk, I feel like some of the groups that some digimon got lumped into were sort of weird in general. Poor botamon got lumped in with the evil group, tokomon was a bird, parasimon was a machine... I think it was just a matter of having limited options or something.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

I've always really liked kotemon for yasyamon. He has a lot more similarity with him than he does dinohyumon in my opinion. They're both blue monsters with 3 clawed feet who wear horned masks and wield wooden swords. C'est magnifique *chef kiss*

Also, having played games like digimon world dusk, I feel like some of the groups that some digimon got lumped into were sort of weird in general. Poor botamon got lumped in with the evil group, tokomon was a bird, parasimon was a machine... I think it was just a matter of having limited options or something.
Agreed for Yasyamon being a fitting Champion for Kotemon.
Probably game limitations or another reason why Digimon Families were so limited or just mixed as to fit in.

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
scYWtEb.png

Come to think of it though, he does have the face that a lot of mutant digimon possess. Deputymon, shurimon, ancientwisemon, etc. So perhaps he was confused for a mutant? Or maybe it was the metal armor? I think gotsumon got labeled as a machine too though so who knows xD

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Young Hunters, Dracumon only evolves into Yashamon because he stole energy from Kotemon.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Young Hunters, Dracumon only evolves into Yashamon because he stole energy from Kotemon.

Don't believe that was ever stated

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Don't believe that was ever stated
You're sort of right - Dracumon sucked the energy out of Musashi (Kotemon's student) to become Yashamon.

Ren also said that he and Dracumon basically cheated since Dracumon's evolution into Yashamon was from the drawing out the energy of ambition from Musashi instead of coming from Ren's bond with Dracumon.

I always interpreted that as Dracumon stealing the bond that was developing between Musashi and Kotemon and more or less "stealing" Kotemon's evolution and their potential bond as partners.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tcQ4ZPo.png

Here’s an alternative version with Strikedramon > Cyberdramon > Justimon Critical Arm in Kotemon’s line. In a way, this works too cause Strikedramon and Justimon has a metal mask and Cyberdramon has some sort of mask-like feature on his face and since Kotemon’s a Reptile Digimon, the two dragons fits the transitioning so well.

Holo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tcQ4ZPo.png

Here’s an alternative version with Strikedramon > Cyberdramon > Justimon Critical Arm in Kotemon’s line. In a way, this works too cause Strikedramon and Justimon has a metal mask and Cyberdramon has some sort of mask-like feature on his face and since Kotemon’s a Reptile Digimon, the two dragons fits the transitioning so well.
Bonus points for a seamless color transition from rookie to champion as well!

Pleasehearmyopinion

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tcQ4ZPo.png

The Crit-arm acting as a sword could look really nice in a Warp-Evolution sequence.