Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of course, it's a Xros,
Don't let that stop you, Wolfmon and Patamon can both directly evolve into X3, and X3 can directly evolve into X5 - or a number of random Jogresses can cause it, like D'arcmon + a bunch of Data or Vaccine Digimon.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon X4K is a Data-attribute Perfect-level swordsman (technically some of the other Shoutmon Xroses too, but X4K is more thematic for obvious reasons). Of course, it's a Xros, but it was listed in that recent "Knightmon" Profile Report.
Yeah, but i would never use shoutmonX4k having already knightmon in the same dim.

MagicLad_Ty

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello, I made this line for Pyontomon.
zxUT4vO.png

Shoutmon Line
qbz3pnr.png
I never noticed how well Gatchmon's line works with Shoutmon. I wonder if it's intentional, there are already a few Appmon that are basically chibi versions of Digimon or share similar designs.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah Jellymon to Ranamon seems obvi, though i guess also the new go to for Octmon and Gesomon

for Gammamon I´d prefer UltimateBrachiomon as the mega, cause of the head shape.
Ultimate Brachimon was designed as Triceramon/Triceramon X's Ultimate, not Brachimon's. Ironically, Brachimon has never evolved into Ultimate Brachimon.

MagicLad_Ty

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah Jellymon to Ranamon seems obvi, though i guess also the new go to for Octmon and Gesomon

for Gammamon I´d prefer UltimateBrachiomon as the mega, cause of the head shape.
Ultimate Brachimon was designed as Triceramon/Triceramon X's Ultimate, not Brachimon's. Ironically, Brachimon has never evolved into Ultimate Brachimon.
I always invistioned it to be a fusion of Triceramon and Brachimon tbh. Strange they decided to call it Ultimate"Brachimon" and give it a long neck if they intended it to be a Triceramon evolution.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ironically, Brachimon has never evolved into Ultimate Brachimon.
Brachiomon hasn't been used in ages, like literal ages. It gets to be in background shots sometimes, but I don't think it's had a notable appearance in anything in over a decade. Like it was in the latter two DS Story games and in the 3DS one... but those didn't have Ultimate. No video game has had Ultimatebrachiomon as playable, as far as I know. It's mainly known for a V-Pet (Brachiomon has never been playable in a V-Pet) and two Hyper Colosseum cards from mid-2003, one of which was from a starter box that didn't have Brachiomon, and the other of which was months after Brachiomon had shown up last.

The annoying part is that in the most recent card game they might end up extending that, because Brachio is most likely to show up in Blue given the things in its line, while Ultimate is most likely to show up in Red given the things in its line.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ironically, Brachimon has never evolved into Ultimate Brachimon.
Brachiomon hasn't been used in ages, like literal ages. It gets to be in background shots sometimes, but I don't think it's had a notable appearance in anything in over a decade. Like it was in the latter two DS Story games and in the 3DS one... but those didn't have Ultimate. No video game has had Ultimatebrachiomon as playable, as far as I know. It's mainly known for a V-Pet (Brachiomon has never been playable in a V-Pet) and two Hyper Colosseum cards from mid-2003, one of which was from a starter box that didn't have Brachiomon, and the other of which was months after Brachiomon had shown up last.

The annoying part is that in the most recent card game they might end up extending that, because Brachio is most likely to show up in Blue given the things in its line, while Ultimate is most likely to show up in Red given the things in its line.
It’s a hard Digimon to use. It is very large but the design is about as simplistic as an Adult but it’s a perfect and it’s only attack is blowing bubbles which is a baby stage thing. Its retconned color palette is also the same as Greymon for some reason which is super confusing given that the two aren’t really related at all.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and it’s only attack is blowing bubbles which is a baby stage thing
...? What about Hammer Head, which it's had as long as it's been a thing, and Aqua Shatter?

Anyway,

XoQBdKp.jpg

Deep Savers Dinosaurs. Brachiomon isn't itself Deep Savers, but it's affiliated with water and is a Plesiosaur type like Plesiomon, so.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and it’s only attack is blowing bubbles which is a baby stage thing
...? What about Hammer Head, which it's had as long as it's been a thing, and Aqua Shatter?

Anyway,

XoQBdKp.jpg

Deep Savers Dinosaurs. Brachiomon isn't itself Deep Savers, but it's affiliated with water and is a Plesiosaur type like Plesiomon, so.

Brachimon is Deep Savers in the DS games. Wikimon refuse to use families from the DS games, despite the fact theyre families. Digimon Next outright states that Species and Family are the same thing, but Wikimon don't count it for the DS games as tho Next saying it doesn't make it the case for everything else. So yes, he's Deep Savers as he's an Aquan Species in the DS games.

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I always invistioned it to be a fusion of Triceramon and Brachimon tbh. Strange they decided to call it Ultimate"Brachimon" and give it a long neck if they intended it to be a Triceramon evolution.
So I guess it’s like HerculesKabuterimon, being designed for two lines at once but only being named after one

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Brachimon is Deep Savers in the DS games. Wikimon refuse to use families from the DS games, despite the fact theyre families. Digimon Next outright states that Species and Family are the same thing, but Wikimon don't count it for the DS games as tho Next saying it doesn't make it the case for everything else. So yes, he's Deep Savers as he's an Aquan Species in the DS games.
I really wish the Reference book would go through and add Field to each Digimon.

I'm genuinely surprised Wikimon allowed the Fields from the Pendulum Z to be added to articles and didn't say "It didn't count unless it's from the 90s card game!"

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's probably because they explicitly have the field names in them.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm genuinely surprised Wikimon allowed the Fields from the Pendulum Z to be added to articles and didn't say "It didn't count unless it's from the 90s card game!"
You mean the product which specifically utilized Field names?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon has used multiple forms of categorization throughout the franchise. Type, Field, Species, etc. Most of them overlap, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're one-to-one counterparts.

Fields are the oldest category, debuting in the Pendulum V-Pet and predominantly featured in the original TCG. From how the most-recent Pendulum Z defines Fields, they're categories centered around the specific environments (of Folder Continent) that the Digimon inhabit. As they're environment-based, each Field is a pretty broad category. Nature Spirits includes both beasts and insects, while Wind Guardians includes both birds and plants.
Evidently, the TCG felt they were too broad and not comprehensive-enough, so they introduced Jungle Troopers (insect and plant Digimon) as well as bringing in Dragon's Roar (draconic Digimon) from the Pendulum Progress. The Pendulum Progress also had Armageddon Army (holy and dark Digimon) and Animal Colosseum (bestial Digimon), but I guess they overlapped too much with NSo/VB and NSp for the TCG to re-introduce them.
Oh, the TCG also introduced the Field of Dark Area, which is technically its own specific environment separate from the NSo-based habitats of Folder Continent.

The Savers-era (Next, World DS, etc.) introduced Species, which are based on the "genomes" (Water [Aquan], Insect/Plant, Beast, etc.) from the Accel V-Pet. These are based more on the "genetics" of the Digimon; so these categories are more focused on the physiological traits of the Digimon, instead of their habitats.

Frontier separated Digimon into "species" based on their ancestries in relation to the Ancient Warrior Ten (Dragon, Mutant, Aquatic, etc.). These "species" are a broad generalization of Types, a category notably featured on the Digimon Reference Book (hence they're fixed and universal, unlike other categories); though the DRB is far more individualistic and specific, allowing many Digimon to have their own unique variations of Types (even the Ancient Warrior Ten are categorized with "ancient" variants of their respective Type).

Even the recent Vital Bracelet seems to have introduced its own re-imagining of Fields. While there are some overlaps with the original Fields, the Vital Bracelet is much more specific with its respective environments. There's now a volcanic "field" for draconic and mineral Digimon, and an arctic "field" separate from the ocean. Even Impulse City is its own "field" for electrical and/or athletic Digimon. Though, whether they're actually called Fields or their own separate category-name still remains to be seen.
Of course, this isn't counting the special DIMs that are represented by a specific Digimon instead of a generic environmental symbol (though Ancient Warriors has its own environmental symbol depicting an ancient temple, despite being Veemon-centric).

Last edited:

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some evolution lines with the last hidden ultimate digimon from hermit in the jungle:

Biollante.png

Tried to use every perfect lvl that reminded me of this new guy, whithout repeating any digi.
I think we need more Snakes, personally i really want an anaconda mon, a Komodo dragon would be nice too.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are all pretty solid!
Lalamon > Shurimon > Atjarmon's another one.

EDIT:

iosSPeh.png

BCdjguK.png

Last edited:

Rimokon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The new hidden ultimate somewhat reminds me of Rare Raremon.