Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Trying to figure out some lines for a personal project, got kind of stuck on Sangomon. I've got some ideas for where the line could go but haven't been able to fill them out well, thoughts?

To be honest I think the line works best combined. Sangomon > Shellmon is one of those lines that fits perfectly, but until recently didn't have a whole lot of satisfying options for Ultimate and Mega. But, I think Gusokumon to Regalecusmon works about as well as anything else. Assuming we're cheerfully ignoring Ganimon as a rookie option, you've also got MoriShellmon, Ebidramon, Octmon, and KaratukiNumemon as Champions, which leads us nicely to various Numemon lines, Anomalocarimon, Dagomon, and MarinChimairamon as Ultimates. Sadly with Megas outside of Regalecusmon we're stuck with fairly commonplace options like Neptunemon, but there's also Plesiomon, Leviamon or Pukamon to consider.

So assuming you want to keep your three routes totally separate, maybe:

Sangomon > Shellmon > Dagomon > Pukamon
Sangomon > Ebidramon > Gusokumon > Leviamon
Sangomon > MoriShellmon > MarinChimeramon > Regalecusmon

EDIT: I should point out that I never, ever, consider attributes when looking at evolutionary relationships, unless I specifically come out of the gate with that in mind.

Zeke_Is_Best_Boy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My suggestion would be Dagomon and Neptunemon for the first one. I’d combine the second and third into one line, using Ebidramon as the Adult. If you have to have three lines, I’d do Ebidramon and Aegisdramon for the second and Tobiumon and Hangyomon for the third. Did you want a second Ultimate for all of them?
Dagomon and Neptunemon don't have the right vibe I'm going for but I forgot about Ebidramon, that could work well. Also no, I wasn't looking for extra Megas, I was just too lazy to edit that bit out yet
My suggestions would be:
Sangomon > Shellmon > Brachiomon > Plesiomon
Sangomon > Tobiumon > Gusukomon > Neptunemon
Sangomon > Octmon > WaruSeadramon > Regalecusmon
This way you maintain Attribute continuity and general morphological similarities. I like Sangomon to Octmon too as they both have dome shaped structures on their heads and both are mollusks.
Not doing Brachiomon cause he loses the aquatic vibe but I like that WaruSeadramon line, I'll definitely think about that one. Also these two helped me realize that I really don't like Sangomon>Tobiumon for some reason lol, though Tobiumon>Gusokumon is great.
Trying to figure out some lines for a personal project, got kind of stuck on Sangomon. I've got some ideas for where the line could go but haven't been able to fill them out well, thoughts?

To be honest I think the line works best combined. Sangomon > Shellmon is one of those lines that fits perfectly, but until recently didn't have a whole lot of satisfying options for Ultimate and Mega. But, I think Gusokumon to Regalecusmon works about as well as anything else. Assuming we're cheerfully ignoring Ganimon as a rookie option, you've also got MoriShellmon, Ebidramon, Octmon, and KaratukiNumemon as Champions, which leads us nicely to various Numemon lines, Anomalocarimon, Dagomon, and MarinChimairamon as Ultimates. Sadly with Megas outside of Regalecusmon we're stuck with fairly commonplace options like Neptunemon, but there's also Plesiomon, Leviamon or Pukamon to consider.

So assuming you want to keep your three routes totally separate, maybe:

Sangomon > Shellmon > Dagomon > Pukamon
Sangomon > Ebidramon > Gusokumon > Leviamon
Sangomon > MoriShellmon > MarinChimeramon > Regalecusmon

EDIT: I should point out that I never, ever, consider attributes when looking at evolutionary relationships, unless I specifically come out of the gate with that in mind.
I considered doing them all together but wasn't sure if Shellmon>Gusokumon meshed well. Granted there aren't a lot of great Ultimates to fill that void but still. Also same lmao I never look at attributes when making lines, I should probably do that more often.

Edit: And yes, Ganimon is getting cheerfully ignored because Sangomon is absolutely adorable.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ganvivormon.jpg
Nanomon.jpg

Datamon (Nanomon): "A Machine Digimon used for nanomedicine. It was originally a Vaccine-type Digimon whose purpose was to restore computers that have crashed, but its neural pathways were destroyed in an attack by a powerful Virus Digimon, causing it to go berserk"
I've wanted to see the uncorrupted Datamon ever since the first time I read his profile many years ago and I've always headcanoned the unseen version of Datamon to be Ganvivormon's evolution ever since Ganvivormon was revealed.
Of course, I could just have Ganvivormon evolve straight to Datamon but it doesn't feel right. I really want a better transitional stage between the two

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clearly Ganvivormon should evolve to the nurse-type Angewomon. And then she became Nanomon somehow. It kinda-sorta happened in Next. lol

Zeke_Is_Best_Boy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame that we don't have a better evo option but nice connection nonetheless

Zeke_Is_Best_Boy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright, back from messing around in pixlr and got some finished lines, thanks y'all. Also figured out how to embed images so that's two wins lol
ApLQUku.png
xmK77Tw.png
JMYTjRR.png

pzbYLea.png

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing that came to mind for me instantly, given Floramon’s reptilian subtheme, is Floramon => Dinohumon => Ajataramon => BloomLordmon.

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never thought about Floramon to Dinohumon before but yeah it kinda works.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I love the idea of Petermon > Ajatarmon > Bloomlordmon

Ajatarmon has a wild Lost boys kinda vibe, and all three of them have weapons.

Tinkermon or Koemon would make good Rookies for this line.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i´d go with this for Madomon, keeps the red elements and the gold fits good with his crown, the little skull fits good with wendimons hat and of course these are the leftover Terriermon/Lopmon evos.
IG7v0Qk.jpg

also since i didn´t see it suggested, Ajataramon could evolve from Parasaumon kinda like the Ogremon>SkullGreymon evo.
Ogremon>Ajataramon>Titamon could also work for a line that uses bone weapons from it´s slain victims.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing Ajatarmon's mask have same symbol as Dukemon's shield had it on.

But I cannot think of anything to put this for random evo line.

Connecting with Ajatarmon and MegaloGrowmon for MedievalDukemon is harder to come up with.
I just find it didn't go flow well for me. Maybe Digimon might need more new nature lizard and dragons?

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does everyone think about these lines.

palmon > parasaurmon > toropiamon > rafflesiamon
Palmon > sunflowmon > Lillymon > Rafflesimon
Palmon > Sunflowmon > Ajatarmon > BloomLordmon
hagurumon > Machmon > Metal Greymon 2010 > heavy leomon
Hagurumon > mailbirdramon > Metal Greymon 2010 > zeekgreymon
Hagurumon > Machmon > Loaderliomon > heavy leomon

Last edited:

humon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does everyone think about these lines.

palmon > parasaurmon > toropiamon > rafflesiamon
Palmon > sunflowmon > Lillymon > Rafflesimon
Palmon > Sunflowmon > Ajatarmon > BloomLordmon
hagurumon > Machmon > Metal Greymon 2010 > heavy leomon
Hagurumon > mailbirdramon > Metal Greymon 2010 > zeekgreymon
Hagurumon > Machmon > Loaderliomon > heavy leomon
They seem fine.
Nothing particularly unusual about any of them, given they're about 90% canon evolutions, except for maybe one outlier mon per line. Palmon can probably become Parasaurmon. Checkk out Wikimon, it seems that most plants can evolve into each other.
Lillymon can and does become Rafflesimon (via Rosemon). Sunflow to Ajatarmon isn't overly outrageous, given time it'll probably be in a video game somewhere.
Hagurumon>Machmon happens in the Vital Bracelets, and finishing off the line with Metalgreymon and Zekegreymon is fine. Every Metal Empire guy seems to become Metalgreymon at some point, more or less.
Mailbirdramon does become Metalgreymon.

The only one I'd call completely original (as in I've never seen it in other media) is Machmon to Loaderliomon, and I think it's fine

Anyway!
The new Ghost Game guys are interesting to speculate about.

Jellymon to Ranamon feels like a no-brainer (similar to how I would use Tinkermon as a Child form of Fairimon). Vaguely humanoid jellyfish girl to humanoid squid girl? Naturally.

Meanwhile I feel like Gammamon would make an interesting rival for Hackmon. White triceratops with a blue scarf, vs a white tyrannosaurus with a red scarf. The obvious thing to do would be to insert Triceramon in there too.

Hopefully there'll be an Ultimate/Mega that retains the triceratops features, so Triceramon has an evolution that feels more natural than Spinomon and Dinorexmon.

Last edited:

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got this idea for evolution lines.

Gammamon > Monochromon > Triceramon
Angoramon > Mojyamon > Korikakumon
Jellymon > Ranamon > Calamarimon

I don’t know what mega’s to use but might be something new like mega Triceramon, Yetimon, and Man-o-warmon or something.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just an obvious one:

Esgut61.png

EDIT: Or Dorbickmon thinking about it.

fWsCiJv.png

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah Jellymon to Ranamon seems obvi, though i guess also the new go to for Octmon and Gesomon

for Gammamon I´d prefer UltimateBrachiomon as the mega, cause of the head shape.
Dch-7-012_front.png

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. A maybe child idea for Ranamon? Sure. Maybe that way we can give her a full line. heh ...All the Frontier could use full lines.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having Angolamon to replace Lopmon to fit in Wendigomon to Cherubimon Vice evo line that actually looking very fitting.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A VB style chart for Gammamon, the actual VB will probably have more new digimon than just the "correct" digievolution line but connecting dinosaur digimon is aways fun regardless.

gammamon_by_industrialpanic_deoe9kj-pre.jpg