Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

RukasuStorm

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
people and even the games in the future will use it as tropiamon's mega and even I will, but since its attribute is vaccine it wasn't made with tropiamon in mind and with ajatarmon having a dead parasaurmon sheild on its arm and ajatarmon being its implied mega I guess bloomlordmon would actually be tropiamon's enemy
According to Pendulum Z concept art, Pomumon and Parasaumon/Tropiamon are related, yet Pomumon is Data and the other two are Virus, so I don't think we should care much about the attributes.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(and also the old-but-thematic Blastmon, though that could be coincidence).

They did show up together pretty soon afterwards in the TCG, so it maybe was at least somewhat intentional - pretty sure Blastmon got its attribute canonized only during the big Xros Wars DRB update.
Officially yes, all XW Digimon were given attributes in the aforementioned update.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Koemon - Shurimon - Ajatarmon - Fujinmon to keep weapon evo line.

To be honest, I find it hard to come up for BlumLordmon's evo lines.

Blossomon, Knightmon, and Pistmon. Eh not so many Plant/Fairy types I just realized.

But oddly Tinkermon may fit. Just because.

I really think I want Delumon to fit into BlumLordmon's random evo line because it has gentleman appearance and everything!

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking of a lot of potential evolution lines for the two new boys, I tried not to include ones that have already been mentioned but I may've missed some.
Some of these are unfinished, but get the idea across.
image-2021-07-23-005617.png

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There’s such a bizarre lack of archery Digimon that the only ones I think exist are Nohemon, Zamielmon, Angewomon, Lunamon’s evolutions, Sagittarimon, and Sleipmon . . .

Comparatively, we are drowning in swords, guns, and even a fair amount of shields.

I wish we’d get a Robin Hood and/or Archery Legend Arm so Zamielmon wouldn’t seem like such a freak.

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This almost goes without saying, but Mademon is an obvious alternate Terriermon evolution, right?
not if theyre the same level
I'd definitely be more in the camp of this one being a Champion from the look of it. The only one out of the five from the contest that resembles a Rookie for me is Rurimon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai hasn't officially established levels for any of them, but the original fan-creators have all expressed what levels they personally intended for them. Aequcedramon and Ganvivormon are intended to be Adult-levels; while Rurimon, Pyontomon, and now Mademon are all Child-levels (Aequcedramon's creator was originally undecided between Child and Adult, but they settled on Adult-level).

Mademon's creator, in particular, has stated that Mademon is meant to be a subspecies of Labramon. Also, with how soon Komondomon debuted after Mademon's conception, as well as the close canine similarities; the creator considers Komondomon to be Mademon's "canon" evolution.

Again, Bandai hasn't officialized anything, but I'd personally respect the original creators' intentions until officially stated otherwise.

Last edited:

goldberry2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai hasn't officially established levels for any of them, but the original fan-creators have all expressed what levels they personally intended for them. Aequcedramon and Ganvivormon are intended to be Adult-levels; while Rurimon, Pyontomon, and now Mademon are all Child-levels (Aequcedramon's creator was originally undecided between Child and Adult, but they settled on Adult-level).

Mademon's creator, in particular, has stated that Mademon is meant to be a subspecies of Labramon. Also, with how soon Komondomon debuted after Mademon's conception, as well as the close canine similarities; the creator considers Komondomon to be Mademon's "canon" evolution.

Again, Bandai hasn't officialized anything, but I'd personally respect the original creators' intentions until officially stated otherwise.
Thanks for this, I'd seen that Aequcedramon and Ganvivormon were Champion/Adult from the creators, but hadn't seen any of the rest. I'm also down with accepting the creator's word on the matter until or unless Bandai outright disagrees.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, there's also Gabumon Bonds of Friendship's Motorcycle Mode for another canine vehicle (though… is there any image of this online?). That would work for a land-based line.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My suggestion would be Dagomon and Neptunemon for the first one. I’d combine the second and third into one line, using Ebidramon as the Adult. If you have to have three lines, I’d do Ebidramon and Aegisdramon for the second and Tobiumon and Hangyomon for the third. Did you want a second Ultimate for all of them?

Zmr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My suggestions would be:
Sangomon > Shellmon > Brachiomon > Plesiomon
Sangomon > Tobiumon > Gusukomon > Neptunemon
Sangomon > Octmon > WaruSeadramon > Regalecusmon
This way you maintain Attribute continuity and general morphological similarities. I like Sangomon to Octmon too as they both have dome shaped structures on their heads and both are mollusks.