Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those aren't meaningful slots though. The Digimon are just in attribute order (Vaccine-Data-Virus-Free/Variable), that's all.
Any even slightly intended connection to the legendary spirits seems particularly tenuous because, like...none of the virus Perfects can evolve into the Ancients on their cards, with the exception of Mummymon, and, ironically, Frozomon (Daipenmon can't even evolve into AncientMegatheriummon in the BF DIM, either, to be fair)

Well, they can jogress to them at least I assume. I thikn everything can evolve to everything in those devices cuz of jogress

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the subject of the new Digimon, based on solely the sprite-work, I quite like Shurimon>Ajataramon>BlumLordmon. Of course, that could change once I see the official artwork.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BushiAgumon or Agumon X - Fugamon - RizeGreymon - Zanbamon - GaiOumon Ittou No Kata

Junkmon - Namakemon - Pumpmon - Pinocchimon
Instead of Junkmon being heavy labor worker, just think of him as Junkmon works towards eco plant recovery. Namakemon got grass moss hair. Pumpmon and Pinocchimon are obviously chosen for small sized Puppet type digimon with cute costumes just like Junkmon's! Although Namakemon's skin is still mysterious to me. Is it mascot costume or stitches with random skins?
Well I'll leave that to your imagination! Just small sized Puppet in cute costume evo line! Maybe Nohemon could fit in but his clothes is hardly count as cute.

PixelKitten

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
V-Mon.png

Pretty obvious line
I know this is old but wow I really like this line! I've been trying to think of a nice line for Azulongmon is this is perfect. I like the idea of the 02 partner digimon being rookies of the 4 holy beast digimon a lot too (Hawkmon as Zhuqiaomon, Armidilomon as Ebonwumon and Gatomon as Baihumon's. Wormmon maybe Huanglongmon's rookie as a left over??).

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the idea of the 02 partner digimon being rookies of the 4 holy beast digimon a lot too

Back in the day, a lot of the Devas had lines built into them that were tied into Armors, and the 4 Holy Beasts evolved from Devas.

So it's not a new concept.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not even just "back in the day". Rearise deva evolve from armors with 02 guys as rookies. Even one of the Antylamon come from rabbitmon

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hawkmon as Zhuqiaomon, Armidilomon as Ebonwumon and Gatomon as Baihumon's.
I might try conceptualizing these lines if I find the time later. It sounds really fun! I also want to try to make all the adults armor forms to mirror Gargoylemon

PixelKitten

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hawkmon as Zhuqiaomon, Armidilomon as Ebonwumon and Gatomon as Baihumon's.
I might try conceptualizing these lines if I find the time later. It sounds really fun! I also want to try to make all the adults armor forms to mirror Gargoylemon
I would love to see them when you do! I tried coming up with the lines myself but I'm not 100% on them.

JasperGunner02

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That leaves Wormmon as Huanglongmon's child, and while I'm not certain as to the entire line, I'd say that Kongoumon should be part of it, seeing as it's gold and all.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That leaves Wormmon as Huanglongmon's child, and while I'm not certain as to the entire line, I'd say that Kongoumon should be part of it, seeing as it's gold and all.
that´s a good idea, so as the perfect Duramon, Grademon or OmegaShoutmon, unfortunately ZekeGreymon is now ultimate, he would have fit the best, the yellow Deckerdramon would also have fit really good, but he is now Adult :/

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that´s a good idea, so as the perfect Duramon, Grademon or OmegaShoutmon, unfortunately ZekeGreymon is now ultimate, he would have fit the best, the yellow Deckerdramon would also have fit really good, but he is now Adult :/
OmegaShoutmon's a pretty cool choice for for the Emperor of the Holy Beasts.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel Golden Groundramon is better option because the green one claimed to have Huanglongmon ore skin. I know it got scrapped...

? - Death-X-DORUgamon - Rebellimon - Craniummon
It's all about having Bane mask to look just enough menacing!

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well if that blue and white version of Groundramon gets recolored.... I'd like to see it.
Come to think of it, what was that called again?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Golden Groundramon
is that a thing?
There was a conceptual third evolution-line for Dracomon. Slayerdramon was originally the Ultimate for that line (Examon was the Ultimate for the blue line). Ultimately, the line got scrapped and Slayerdramon was moved to the blue line while Examon became the Jogress of the two remaining lines.

"Golden Groundramon" is referring to the Perfect. However, the Digimon is not a Groundramon nor is it golden. It never received a name. It's only labelled as the "Almighty Digimon." The idea was that the blue line represented "Heaven", the green line represented "Earth", and the yellow line represented both Heaven and Earth as "Almighty."

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No pics this time

The 02 kids’ Digimon (except Wormmon) digivolving to the Sovereigns! (All of them have their usual lines before this)

Gatomon > Panjyamon > Baihumon (pretty simple, just three white felines)

ExVeemon > Majiramon > Azulongmon (not super happy with this one, but according to Wikipedia the Azure Dragon of the East can be blue or green)

Ankylomon > Jyagamon > Ebonwumon (Jyagamon’s original previous stage was Tortomon, which is also a yellow reptile with a spiky shell, and it’s also a plant to tie in with Ebonwumon’s tree)

Aquilamon > Butenmon > Zhuqiaomon (not super happy with this either but Butenmon works best out of the very few red bird Perfects there are, its armour could relate to the turbine Zhuqiaomon has for some reason, and its sword could represent its aggressiveness)

Pegasusmon > Kirinmon > Huanglongmon (If I’m reading it right Wikipedia says the Yellow Dragon of the Center is sometimes a kirin instead? Good enough for me. Pegasusmon and Kirinmon both have gold in their colour scheme and Kirinmon has what looks like scales on its back)

V-Mon.png

Pretty obvious line
I know this is old but wow I really like this line! I've been trying to think of a nice line for Azulongmon is this is perfect. I like the idea of the 02 partner digimon being rookies of the 4 holy beast digimon a lot too (Hawkmon as Zhuqiaomon, Armidilomon as Ebonwumon and Gatomon as Baihumon's. Wormmon maybe Huanglongmon's rookie as a left over??).
I’ve done this before! Although I did Patamon >>> Huanglongmon instead of Wormmon

PixelKitten

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No pics this time

The 02 kids’ Digimon (except Wormmon) digivolving to the Sovereigns! (All of them have their usual lines before this)

Gatomon > Panjyamon > Baihumon (pretty simple, just three white felines)

ExVeemon > Majiramon > Azulongmon (not super happy with this one, but according to Wikipedia the Azure Dragon of the East can be blue or green)

Ankylomon > Jyagamon > Ebonwumon (Jyagamon’s original previous stage was Tortomon, which is also a yellow reptile with a spiky shell, and it’s also a plant to tie in with Ebonwumon’s tree)

Aquilamon > Butenmon > Zhuqiaomon (not super happy with this either but Butenmon works best out of the very few red bird Perfects there are, its armour could relate to the turbine Zhuqiaomon has for some reason, and its sword could represent its aggressiveness)

Pegasusmon > Kirinmon > Huanglongmon (If I’m reading it right Wikipedia says the Yellow Dragon of the Center is sometimes a kirin instead? Good enough for me. Pegasusmon and Kirinmon both have gold in their colour scheme and Kirinmon has what looks like scales on its back)

V-Mon.png

Pretty obvious line
I’ve done this before! Although I did Patamon >>> Huanglongmon instead of Wormmon
OH I like the connection with the Kirin/Qilin for the Huanglongmon! Good idea, I like that angle.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The difficulty is that there are 6 02 partners and 5 Harmonious Ones, including Huanglongmon. So that always leaves one as the odd 'mon out. Also, there's the concept that 2 Crests are tied to each of the 4 cardinal members (which tied Azulongmon to the Cress of Hope and Light, for instance). This when his most similar Armor Digimon would instead be Raidramon (Friendship).

Following the latter, though, would create an interestingly hilarious circumstance. Azulongmon is also a member of the Four Great Dragons. Both Magnadramon and Goldramon are also members and are tied to Gatomon and Patamon, respectively. Apparently Davis and Veemon are still jealous of TK and Patamon's connection to Kari and Gatomon so wanted to join their ranks, heh.

Following the Armors → Deva → Harmonious One train of thought:

Other golden alternatives for Huanglongmon that would be closer aesthetically would be Magnamon, Maildramon, and maybe Rhinomon. Let's also not forget GoldVeedramon, who's almost too obvious. I don't particularly like Kongoumon here as he really feels shoehorned.

Raidramon and Thunderbirdmon practically have Azulongmon's mask. Majiramon would be the closest thematically to Azulongmon.

Moosemon has similar fur to Baihumon, though Togemogumon wouldn't be bad either. Caturamon would be the most obvious Deva. But Mihiramon also works with Baihumon, so we could even add Lynxmon into the mix.

Zhuquiaomon has a number of options from the DigiEggs of Courage and Love, though there's also Harpymon and Toucanmon (the latter of whom works really well with Shinduramon, who's pretty much a shoe-in).

I'm a bit stumped for Ebonwumon. Maybe Archelomon or Chamelemon. Neither really has much affinity to one of the Deva (apart from Chamelemon and Majiramon). I think Ebonwumon would almost have to connect to Santiramon. Quetzalmon works with Santiramon but seems out of place with Ebonwumon. I'm not sure how I feel about Frogmon.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This when his most similar Armor Digimon would instead be Raidramon (Friendship).

...Wouldn't it be Coatlmon, so Wormmon --> Coatlmon --> Majiramon --> Qinglongmon?

I'm a bit stumped for Ebonwumon. Maybe Archelomon or Chamelemon. Neither really has much affinity to one of the Deva

Ebonwumon's three Devas are Vikalaramon, Vajramon, and Kumbhiramon. So start from there, I imagine.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This when his most similar Armor Digimon would instead be Raidramon (Friendship).

...Wouldn't it be Coatlmon, so Wormmon --> Coatlmon --> Majiramon --> Qinglongmon?

I'm a bit stumped for Ebonwumon. Maybe Archelomon or Chamelemon. Neither really has much affinity to one of the Deva

Ebonwumon's three Devas are Vikalaramon, Vajramon, and Kumbhiramon. So start from there, I imagine.

I believe the point was that Raidramon’s helmet looks very similar to Azulongmon, so if we’re connecting him to an Armour Digimon from 02, Raidramon makes a lot of sense.
Thunderbirdmon, though not an Armour from 02, also bears a similar helmet.