Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still wish they'd just do an Onimon of sorts. That would fit thematically. But this is still better then eggmon.

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Metal Greymona cyborg parts turn into the dramon destroyers, brace shield, and armor
yeah. why can't the same apply to titamon?(excluding the skulls and sword, ofcourse)

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Metal Greymona cyborg parts turn into the dramon destroyers, brace shield, and armor
yeah. why can't the same apply to titamon?(excluding the skulls and sword, ofcourse)

It absolutely can, since Rebellimon was designed to be Ogremon’s Ultimate Level form (albeit not necessarily going to Titamon). This is the franchise where dogs turn into cats, cats turn into angels, and angels turn into fluffy dragons. A cyborg oni can absolutely turn into a giant primordial god from Greek Mythology.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i really like how the ore/mineral and other rock/stone digimon all share feature that make all kinda evo lines possible, here is my take on it with the new babys, i hope i got all of them.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tankmon to Rebellimon makes a lot of sense not only because they're both vehicular cyborgs but also because Tankmon already has some similarities to Ogremon in his meat parts

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rebellimon's arm canon and the torso wiring really do it for me with their transition

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what works better for Vritramon? Muchomon > Birdramon > Vritramon or RedOtamamon > Salamandermon > Vritramon

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also Rebellimon and Tankmon got painted patterns. Look like my first impression before "MetalOgremon" reveal was right lol but Tankmon + Ogremon = Rebellimon jogress is awesome random evo IMO

Rebellimon + MameTyramon or SkullGreymon = Titamon if it make sense to salvage up the bones to wear over rusty and dead motor machine parts.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what works better for Vritramon? Muchomon > Birdramon > Vritramon or RedOtamamon > Salamandermon > Vritramon
I've done BirDramon to Vritramon before, works rather well considering both have fiery wings, with Otamamon Red & Salamandamon I usually go with either Vermillimon or VolcDramon for the Perfect

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still wish they'd just do an Onimon of sorts.

They've done many Oni. Orgemon is an Oni. So is Cyclomon. So are Ginkakumon and Kinkakumon.
I thought he was an ogre. Like how Goblinmon is a little goblin. I sort of meant more of a stereotypical Oni.

Oni and Ogre are basically the same thing. I think theyre even the same word in Japan?
Oni usually have a little more black magic than ogres but aside from that, yes they are the same thing.

And yeah, we have many oni Digimon (Ogremon, Hyougamon, Fuugamon, Ginkakumon, Kinkakumon, Shroudmon) but none of them are Perfect level. Except Rebellimon.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm? Even counting Shroudmon?

I assume Ogre species are savage cavern combat fighters in the West and Oni in the East are more... Savage and loves causing troubles and torture also Oni used to be wicked humans unlike Ogre.

But Orc have multiple stories...

Rebellimon is good enough for one at least to fit in. But I think we might need more new Oni/Ogre with Perfect levels.

Shamamon or Koemon - Sepikmon - Ayataramon - AncientWisemon
The magic shaman cult evo line.

BlumLordmon or BloomLordmon whatever. I can tell it might have lot of options to make fun random evo lines.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fugamon is a more traditional oni take on Ogremon, considering his reddish coloring and tiger skin cloth.

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Turns out Titan of Dust did have AncientSphinxmon after all, I expected it wouldn’t after Infinite Tide didn’t have AncientMermaidmon

Like how Volcanic Beat implied the Fusion Spirit of Earth was Groundramon or Lavogaritamon, ToD implies the (Corrupted?) Fusion Spirit of Darkness is Mummymon or Vulturemon (although we already have Reichmon), and if AncientMermaidmon was in IT the implied Fusion Spirit of Water would be Dagomon (it kinda works, I guess?) or Piranhamon

If Hermit in the Jungle has AncientTroiamon the implied Fusion Spirit of Wood will be Tropiamon or Arachnemon, and if AncientWisemon’s in New Metal Empire the implied Fusion Spirit of Steel will be Rebellimon or MetalGreymon 2010 (although I still prefer ShadowSeraphimon)

Last edited:

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Turns out Titan of Dust did have AncientSphinxmon after all, I expected it wouldn’t after Infinite Tide didn’t have AncientMermaidmon

Like how Volcanic Beat implied the Fusion Spirit of Earth was Groundramon or Lavogaritamon, ToD implies the (Corrupted?) Fusion Spirit of Darkness is Mummymon or Vulturemon (although we already have Reichmon), and if AncientMermaidmon was in IT the implied Fusion Spirit of Water would be Dagomon (it kinda works, I guess?) or Piranhamon

If Hermit in the Jungle has AncientTroiamon the implied Fusion Spirit of Wood will be Toropiamon or Arachnemon, and if AncientWisemon’s in New Metal Empire the implied Fusion Spirit of Steel will be Rebellimon or MetalGreymon 2010 (although I still prefer ShadowSeraphimon)
I don't...understand what any of this is supposed to mean? How is any of this implied? You're just listing all the Virus-attribute Perfects...

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s a stretch, but...

Blizzard Fang had DaiPenmon in it, which (very very vaguely) implies that the other ones also have Fusion Spirits in the same “slot”, and the other ones match pretty well to the Warriors without Fusion Spirits

some of them even kinda ever so slightly have traits in common with one or more theoretical components (Groundramon has a mace on its tail like Grumblemon has on its hat and knuckle/nose spikes like Gigasmon, Dagomon is a blue tentacled humanoid like Calamaramon, Vulturemon uses blades like Duskmon and is an edgy bird like Velgrmon, Tropiamon is a planty dino/dragon like Petaldramon) although it falls apart with Steel

Last edited:

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those aren't meaningful slots though. The Digimon are just in attribute order (Vaccine-Data-Virus-Free/Variable), that's all.
Any even slightly intended connection to the legendary spirits seems particularly tenuous because, like...none of the virus Perfects can evolve into the Ancients on their cards, with the exception of Mummymon, and, ironically, Frozomon (Daipenmon can't even evolve into AncientMegatheriummon in the BF DIM, either, to be fair)