Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^I´d agree, also he shares a bit of similarity with Tuwarmon and since he is Adult you can go Damemon>Tuwarmon>LucemonFM
Veggiemon>Vademon>Barbamon, he is a mage and mges usually are pretty smart and Vademon has a giant brain or Lilithmon because of his lips and kiss moves.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you use Vademon for Lilithmon, Digitamamon is a good one for Barbamon since they both have a preoccupation with wealth.
Maybe something with Burpmon to Beelzemon for the gluttony.
And maybe Namakemon>Tempomon>Daemon. Tempomon looks a little like a hairy demon.

YutoTerumi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Literally just thought about adding a mode change with imperialdramon black the other day and today the greatest digimon got a mode change/new form. And i figured out a better dark evo and burst mode indicator
U1hL36i.png

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking of lines to tie the original “garbage” digimon and their evos to the Demon Lords, not sure about some of them

Numemon > Monzaemon > Belphemon (Monzaemon and Belphemon are both bears)

Veggiemon > Vademon > idk

Scumon > Etemon > idk (could go Lilithmon; Scumon/Etemon tries to get the ladies and ends up as one itself)

Nanimon > Digitamamon > idk

Raremon > ExTyrannomon > Leviamon (Raremon’s somewhat aquatic, ExTyrannomon is disguised as a reptile, Leviamon is fully aquatic and actually a reptile)

Roachmon > Mechanorimon > Beelzemon (look up Digital Monster: Ver. S on Wikimon if you don’t get why this is here) (Roachmon is an insect and Beelzebub is ”Lord of Flies”, Mechanorimon is a ”Vehicle Digimon” and Beelzemon rides Behemoth)

there’s also the problem that there’s only 6 of these and 7 Demon Lords

Hmm not bad suggestion.

KoKabuterimon - Roachmon - Gerbemon - Beezlebumon
KoKabuterimon was chosen because of this scarf. Gerbemon, the trash cans always have flies to attract.

Gizamon - Raremon - Ex-Tyranomon - Leviamon
Gizamon because it's unspecified animal - Decaying creature - Unknown creature hides inside the costume - Leviathan who said to be giant sea creature but didn't specify which creature.

Tyumon - GoldNumemon - BlackKingNumemon - Barbamon
Greedy Rats and jewelry. Simple as that.

Alraumon - Veggiemon - Vademon - Lilithmon
Perfume, alluring and Kiss attack I guess.

? - Numemon - Monzaemon - Belphemon Sleep Mode then Rage Mode

? - Scumon - Etemon - Belphemon Sleep/Rage Mode

I can imagine Bacomon - Omekamon - Betsumon - Lucemon Falldown Mode?

How about that?!

Hawkmon - Shurimon - Vulturemon - Valkyrimon

Palmon - Ponchomon - Vulturemon - Velgrmon or FrosVelgrmon
just trying to put the ironic skull in the desert in that evo line... Oh well.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Ultimate Greymon chart is great @Kamotz ! The only change I'll suggest is to make Shine branch directly from Ancient rather than from War. While it makes sense from the viewpoint that the entire Savers line is a riff on the original, Shine himself is sufficiently different from War to be indenpendent, imo. And it's missing ZekeGreymon.

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Ultimate Greymon chart is great @Kamotz ! The only change I'll suggest is to make Shine branch directly from Ancient rather than from War. While it makes sense from the viewpoint that the entire Savers line is a riff on the original, Shine himself is sufficiently different from War to be indenpendent, imo. And it's missing ZekeGreymon.
I'll concede the ShineGreymon point. - I've edited that to reflect it.

But ZekeGreymon sucks and does not belong there.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Had second thoughts on this Leviamon.

Tyumon - Burpmon - Gerbemon - Leviamon.
Mouse gnaws everywhere it sees and eats. Burpmon have endless Dark Hole stomach and Gerbemon got Dark Hole to consume. Leviamon finally, who said to bit the whole Digital World.

I think KingScumon to Barbamon is good random evo for greedy king.

Junkmon to Pinocchimon because Puppet types and also human costumes.

Tyutyumon - GoldNumemon - Lucemon Falldown Mode - Lucemon Falldown Mode X
I know one among this evo line is'n't golden... But c'mon it's hard to come up with ideas like that.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Veggiemon > Vademon > idk

Vademon would probably be the best to turn into Lilithmon, and Etemon into Barbamon.

Nanimon > Digitamamon > idk

Belphemon, it keeps the sealed power theme.

there’s also the problem that there’s only 6 of these and 7 Demon Lords

I believe the next V-Pet to have joke evolutions was Pendulum X, so you could make it DORUmon/Ryudamon/Funbeemon --> Omekamon --> Lucemon Falldown or something. Omekamon's two-part design based on Omegamon turns into Dead And Alive.

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
y'know, i have this idea for a game giving each failure to a pre-defined grouping of rookies(with chuumon able to evolve into all of them).
they'd be numemon for dino/dragons, sukamon for angels, veggiemon for plants, roachmon for insects, nanimon for 'warriors'(basically, mons you could imagine having knightmon in their lines), karatsukinumemon for aquatic creatures, omekamon for machines and cyborgs, namakemon for beasts, and raremon for demons and undead. i also had an idea to somehow set it up so that the things the failures evolve into have the whole thing of being powerful only when they evolved from the failures, and act as a perfect set of failures for every other adult.
thoughts?

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow never thought of it like that. Nice.

Liked your idea on Trash Adult levels for each types. What about Geremon, GoldNumemon, PlatinumScumon, Damemon, and... Maybe Gekomon?

Peppermon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The line goburimon - ogremon - digitamamon - titamon always was slightly strange to me. Rebellimon can easily replace digitamamon here. What do you guys think?

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally prefer Rebellimon evolving from Ogremon X, maybe by jogressing with Machmon

don’t know what the mega would be, though...

V x 3 Muur, I agree, Digitamamon works better between Ogremon and Titamon than Rebellimon

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The line goburimon - ogremon - digitamamon - titamon always was slightly strange to me. Rebellimon can easily replace digitamamon here. What do you guys think?

You came really way too late.
But yeah agreed. At first, I seriously thought of Tankmon's new perfect form until the Memo revealed it's "MetalOgremon" before switching to Rebellimon name to prove that.

Junkmon - Tankmon - Rebellimon - Boltmon is something I randomly thought of.
Oddly, Boltmon is standing out for not having vehicle legs. Heh.

Pomumon - Birdramon - Velgrmon - Ornismon
For beaks with TEETH.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Junkmon - Tankmon - Rebellimon - Boltmon is something I randomly thought of.
CBtqrSj.jpg

wow, I'm actually a really big fan of this. There's a super consistent visual flow to it where you can easily see how one form became the next.
Also doesn't Tankmon seem super powerful for a digimon that's only Adult level? (but I love his Mamemon-faced missiles 🥰)

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't like it becoming a robot as rebellimon then going backwards and now isn't a robot anymore as titamon. Makes little sense. Metal Greymon to WarGreymon still has all his metal armor (which as Digimon counts as part of WarGreymons body) I don't think it works, would be better for him to get his own new robotic mega

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fine with either Digitamamon or Rebellimon. They have their pros and cons.

Rebellimon is specifically designed with Ogremon in mind, unlike Digitamamon. It's just that it doesn't really relate to Titamon.
For Digitamamon, it's almost the opposite. Titamon's nails are specifically colored to match the color of Digitamamon's nails; however, Digitamamon has absolutely nothing to do with Ogremon outside of green skin.

For overall consistency, I'd have to go with Rebellimon. However, I'm a sucker for small details that connect it to pre-evolutions, like Titamon's pink nails.

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't like it becoming a robot as rebellimon then going backwards and now isn't a robot anymore as titamon. Makes little sense. Metal Greymon to WarGreymon still has all his metal armor (which as Digimon counts as part of WarGreymons body) I don't think it works, would be better for him to get his own new robotic mega
except titamon also has all his armour, the exact same as wargreymon? infact, looking between the two, from what i can tell, the armour covers every mechanized bit except the mouth, neck(which could both be explained as just being armour attached to his cybernetics on rebellimon) and hands(which also applies to wargreymon). it completely covers his lower half(meaning his legs could just be mechanical replacements for the wheel), and covers his shoulders, lower arms, back, and sides, while showing the upper arms(which rebellimon still has) and the front of the torso(which is unmodified in above the waist in rebellimon).

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well MetalGreymon and Rebellimon got cyborg parts while their Ultimate forms aren't.

The way I view Rebellimon to Titamon does make sense. Mad Max movies you think of the desert of madness and savageness and brutal. Then Titamon, you can feel the savageness in this design along with skulls everywhere. That's it all it have there.

wow, I'm actually a really big fan of this. There's a super consistent visual flow to it where you can easily see how one form became the next.
Also doesn't Tankmon seem super powerful for a digimon that's only Adult level? (but I love his Mamemon-faced missiles 🥰)

Surprised to see you liking this line. I took second look at this random line. I think it is surprisingly flowing well. Also the orange hair... The reason I randomly thought of because I saw Rebellimon looked so manly in the preview lol

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Metal Greymona cyborg parts turn into the dramon destroyers, brace shield, and armor