Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my first thoughts on seeing Vulturemon. Aquilamon is described in its profile as the Great Eagle of the Desert.

jV6PMXk.png
That's very fitting, but the first Digimon that came into my mind was Owlmon.
They have similarities in having excellent eyesight and ambushing enemies.
Although it's commonly Free attribute, sometimes it's Virus as well.

Owlmon.jpg
320px-Vulturemon.jpg

VampireAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pomumon - Sabirdramon - Vulturemon - Ornismon
so the art for Ornismon's card in the current card game links it and SaberDramon together, which thematically and aesthetically makes a lot of sense, which makes it a shame there isn't really a Perfect that makes a truly perfect fit between them, like there's quite a few that work reasonably well between the two but there's always something that makes it not as smooth a transition as it could be...
And here enters Vulturemon!!!

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the weird technically-but-not-really fallen angel puppet

It's a fitting of Zhu Bajie's backstory (got kicked out of the Celestial Bureaucracy for hitting on the wrong woman, essentially got reincarnated as a pig demon specifically due to bad luck on where he landed) into Digimon's cosmology, which has essentially none of said Bureaucracy (not even the Jade Emperor, oddly enough now that I think about it) - make Zhu Bajie instead someone who worked for the Three Angels, change the beautiful moon goddess to Ofanimon, and got made into this form in the aftermath.

doublewizard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my first thoughts on seeing Vulturemon. Aquilamon is described in its profile as the Great Eagle of the Desert.

jV6PMXk.png
you can also add Griffomon to it, as it inhabits Deserts too.
7V3l7Au.png
Oh this is a really cool one!

To me, Vulturemon comes off as a dark counterpart to Garudamon, so I'm thinking maybe a line of Saberdramon -> Vulturemon -> Ornismon. Too lazy right now to make a mockup lol.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree that Owlmon is also a good Adult form for Vulturemon. And Vulturemon would be a good Perfect form for Chronomon Destroy Mode specifically.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Piyomon - Cockatrimon - Vulturemon - Ornismon

Remember how Piyomon really hate evolving into Cockatrimon because Cockatrimon cannot fly? Well Vulturemon is sniping out of her depression and rejected love of REVENGE to take out on the enemies to make up despite managed to evolve into Vulturemon that can fly but only it gave her unforgettable memories as Cockatrimon.
Also Vulturemon carried some traits from Cockatrimon: Red tips of feather wings and the non-existence reptile or snake tail somehow became the cactus shield also stone petrifaction beams to sand hourglass... Something like that. Uhh sorry?
I don't know if Vulturemon is "bald" but Cockatrimon's tomahawk hair into the whole black feather body but became bald... So she wears the skull helmet! Rebelling love!!

I just view this fan evo line as goth tomboy evo line of Garudamon/Piyomon.

I guess Vulturemon to Chronomon Destroy Mode makes sense because "Chrono". And it got the sun symbol, too. The desert and the sun.

Sunalizamon - Monochromon - Triceramon - UltimateBrachimon

Sunalizamon - Flarelizamon - Volcdramon - Blastmon - Science. Sand got heated to turn into glass.

Nobody is going to post about rock babies here huh? I guess it's too easy to imagine freely.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sunamon is basically sand Bubbmon so you could use it for an earth themed bug line to counterpart Tentomon?

SandYanmamon for Champion (or Rookie like World 1), maybe Digmon?

I can’t think of any more earth themed bugs

EDIT: now I’m thinking Sunamon > idk > SandYanmamon > Digmon > SkullScorpiomon > idk, maaaaaaybe BanchoStingmon because of its drills

Would’ve liked to have Digmon in the Perfect slot since its shell kinda matches MegaKabuterimon’s

Last edited:

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
you can also add Griffomon to it, as it inhabits Deserts too.
Oh this is a really cool one!

To me, Vulturemon comes off as a dark counterpart to Garudamon, so I'm thinking maybe a line of Saberdramon -> Vulturemon -> Ornismon. Too lazy right now to make a mockup lol.

I see many people mention that Vutlturemon is fillling the evolution for sabidramon, and then ornismon. It's like everybody mentions there was not a black bird digimon.
I always used karatenmon or yatagaramon (normal version maybe, savers version too, but i prefer the first one).

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Karn EX's recent partner swap video had me thinking. What if the original Digidestined had different partners?
(I will edit this post with the video link when I find it again)

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting idea. The first thing that came to mind is give Tai a Coronamon, with the standard line, because of the Crest of Courage image. It's very on the nose, but I think it works.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting idea. The first thing that came to mind is give Tai a Coronamon, with the standard line, because of the Crest of Courage image. It's very on the nose, but I think it works.
Yamato with Lunamon makes me giggle.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you're sticking somewhat to the archetypes, you could have KoDokugumon for Izzy and Sangomon for Joe.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And for Sora Muchomon or Pomumon and Mimi Floramon.

Last edited:

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ll point out the video was specifically swapping partners between each other (so Tai has Gabumon, Joe has Palmon etc)

Unrelated, I came up with a line for Davis’ sister Jun, with the rules that everything has to be introduced in 2000 and have some relation to Gabumon’s line

Elecmon Virus (regular Elecmon debuted in the same vpet as Gabumon) > Togemogumon (Digimental of Friendship) > Rapidmon Armour (regular Rapidmon‘s line is kinda the Gabumon line of Tamers, although Renamon’s line is also kinda it) > BlackMetalGarurumon (do I have to point it out?)

All except Rapidmon are Virus quadrupeds, Togemogumon and Rapidmon are both tan under the armour, Rapidmon’s ear wings are kinda similar to BlackMetalGarurumon’s wings, Togemogumon has ice powers and darkly coloured armour like BlackMetalGarurumon, and there’s probably more visual traits tying them together I haven’t thought of

EDIT: turns out she canonically has a partner by spring 2003, as well as Yolei’s older sisters and Joe’s older brother

Last edited:

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking of lines to tie the original “garbage” digimon and their evos to the Demon Lords, not sure about some of them

Numemon > Monzaemon > Belphemon (Monzaemon and Belphemon are both bears)

Veggiemon > Vademon > idk

Scumon > Etemon > idk (could go Lilithmon; Scumon/Etemon tries to get the ladies and ends up as one itself)

Nanimon > Digitamamon > idk

Raremon > ExTyrannomon > Leviamon (Raremon’s somewhat aquatic, ExTyrannomon is disguised as a reptile, Leviamon is fully aquatic and actually a reptile)

Roachmon > Mechanorimon > Beelzemon (look up Digital Monster: Ver. S on Wikimon if you don’t get why this is here) (Roachmon is an insect and Beelzebub is ”Lord of Flies”, Mechanorimon is a ”Vehicle Digimon” and Beelzemon rides Behemoth)

there’s also the problem that there’s only 6 of these and 7 Demon Lords