Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@BeelzebumonBlastMode I love it! Especially the transition of Tinkmon's weapon becoming the jet hammer

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that makes sense for sure, interesting that it stayed level unknown though given it´s nature it isn´t too suprising.
the most new thing seems to be that it is indeed a pig.

now i kinda hope they add Bumon to the reference book so this can look nice and clean
CP8aHaf.png

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made some Kirby inspired line.

First you draw a circle. Then you dot the eyes. Add a great, big smile and presto, it's Kirby!
kirby_1_by_industrialpanic_del3o4a-fullview.jpg

Next is the penguin not penguin, King Dedede!
kirby_d_by_industrialpanic_del3o80-fullview.jpg

The orb with all the sharp edges, Meta Knight!
kirby_mk_by_industrialpanic_del3o9k-fullview.jpg

And finally, the matter that's most dark, Dark Matter. (with just some artistic license)
kirby_2_by_industrialpanic_del3o6s-fullview.jpg

Kyaromonfan96

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made some Kirby inspired line.

First you draw a circle. Then you dot the eyes. Add a great, big smile and presto, it's Kirby!
kirby_1_by_industrialpanic_del3o4a-fullview.jpg

Next is the penguin not penguin, King Dedede!
kirby_d_by_industrialpanic_del3o80-fullview.jpg

The orb with all the sharp edges, Meta Knight!
kirby_mk_by_industrialpanic_del3o9k-fullview.jpg

And finally, the matter that's most dark, Dark Matter. (with just some artistic license)
kirby_2_by_industrialpanic_del3o6s-fullview.jpg
Awesome! I see that Burpmon is a Rookie here.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so the art for Ornismon's card in the current card game links it and SaberDramon together, which thematically and aesthetically makes a lot of sense, which makes it a shame there isn't really a Perfect that makes a truly perfect fit between them, like there's quite a few that work reasonably well between the two but there's always something that makes it not as smooth a transition as it could be, though I guess that's a pretty minor complaint if we're being honest, there's much worse gaps in the existing roster anyways(like how we still somehow don't have a proper Amphibian derived Ultimate stage)
Well, since Beast Hybrids are sometimes classified as Perfect levels, (though I'd prefer if both they and Human Hybrids where always adult, just so the entire line would be easier to implement in video games by just making Fusion Hybrids obtained via jogress) you could put Velgrmon between Saberdramon and Ornismon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was about to say the order is seems to be Infant II > Child > Adult > Perfect > Ultimate/Mega and Starmon was after Tokomon.

Actually it's an adult, Starmon 2010 is a child level despite its lack of body
To be fair, Starmon 2010 being Child level makes sense when you remember that its most official line is Chibickmon > Pickmon > Starmon 2010 > ShootingStarmon > SuperStarmon.

Plus Starmon 2010 would presumably Digivolve into the Adult level Starmon classic by growing only slightly bigger while its star-shaped cephalothorax grows into something more Mamemon-esque with limbs while retaining the original star as the facial structure.

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so the art for Ornismon's card in the current card game links it and SaberDramon together, which thematically and aesthetically makes a lot of sense, which makes it a shame there isn't really a Perfect that makes a truly perfect fit between them, like there's quite a few that work reasonably well between the two but there's always something that makes it not as smooth a transition as it could be, though I guess that's a pretty minor complaint if we're being honest, there's much worse gaps in the existing roster anyways(like how we still somehow don't have a proper Amphibian derived Ultimate stage)
Well, since Beast Hybrids are sometimes classified as Perfect levels, (though I'd prefer if both they and Human Hybrids where always adult, just so the entire line would be easier to implement in video games by just making Fusion Hybrids obtained via jogress) you could put Velgrmon between Saberdramon and Ornismon.
i've always found the level inconsistancy ridiculously weird.
like, seriously. 'class' is just 'levels for things without', why do only a handful of things go the coherent 'class=level' route with them?
is it just because they've refused to fill in alot of the missing spots and that screws things?

netsquire

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has matadormon to slashangemon ever happened? I feel like their designs are really similar
1KCZlCi.png

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was watching the new Drawfee Digimon episode, which featured Opossomon>ChoHakkaimon, and naturally, they roasted how unintuitive the progression was. I started to wonder if there was any way you could rationalize it, and wondered if maybe it was a Chinese Zodiac thing, with the Year of the Mouse(Rat actually) leading into the Year of the Pig. Turns out the years are adjacent, but in the opposite order. So this I thought:

Qe6Tpm7.png

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was watching the new Drawfee Digimon episode, which featured Opossomon>ChoHakkaimon, and naturally, they roasted how unintuitive the progression was. I started to wonder if there was any way you could rationalize it, and wondered if maybe it was a Chinese Zodiac thing, with the Year of the Mouse(Rat actually) leading into the Year of the Pig. Turns out the years are adjacent, but in the opposite order. So this I thought:

Qe6Tpm7.png
if i remember correctly, opossomon was supposed to be a weird parallel to tailmon, with cho-hakkaimon(the weird technically-but-not-really fallen angel puppet) being the angewomon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my first thoughts on seeing Vulturemon. Aquilamon is described in its profile as the Great Eagle of the Desert.

jV6PMXk.png

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish we have a Virus attribute Bird digimon with Child level.

Falcomon Savers - Saberdramon - Vulturemon - Ornismon

Piyomon - Birdramon + Togemon = Vulturemon - ? Ravmon?

Hawkmon - Aquilamon + Saberdramon = Vulturemon - Valkyrimon

Falcomon (Not so Savers) - Diatrymon + Saberdramon = Vulturemon + Yatagaramon (any form) = Ravmon

Yay new Bird digimon! But c'mon where is new whole bird evo line?!

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MUbSzZJ.jpg

Spiked thing exploding and becoming a cactus ghost, then a reaper/skull themed desert sniper with a cactus pauldron, then ending in the big reaper guy...I slapped this together kinda haphazardly, but I like how it feels. I especially like that Gokumon also has one spiked shoulder, which is not a detail I was even thinking about originally.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gorillamon > Angewomon > Omegamon

All primarily white, Gorillamon and Omegamon have cannon arms while Angewomon’s wrist bow thing is kinda similar

No clue what the Rookie/Child’d be

Argus.Exx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
rvk7HpE.jpg

what's a good digivolution for Manticoremon?

My brothers and I have a 20 year ongoing story, and recently, we've picked it back up. The line we came up with for my partner VeeMon is Veemon > Gargoylemon > Manticoremon > SlashAngemon

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The line we came up with for my partner VeeMon is Veemon > Gargoylemon > Manticoremon > SlashAngemon
oh, I love that! Manticoremon becomes an angel digimon who inacts justice through violent slashing! Their colors also match up extremely well

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish we have a Virus attribute Bird digimon with Child level.

Falcomon Savers - Saberdramon - Vulturemon - Ornismon

Piyomon - Birdramon + Togemon = Vulturemon - ? Ravmon?

Hawkmon - Aquilamon + Saberdramon = Vulturemon - Valkyrimon

Falcomon (Not so Savers) - Diatrymon + Saberdramon = Vulturemon + Yatagaramon (any form) = Ravmon

Yay new Bird digimon! But c'mon where is new whole bird evo line?!
well it doesn't really look much like a bird but SoundBirdmon is a bird Digimon both in name and type and is a Virus type as well

also MailBirDramon would work fairly well as an adult for Vulturemon, particularly since the former's profile talks a lot about it being "eagle-eyed" and precise and calculating