Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed a while back that three of the offical Spirit Fusions are “prefixed” versions of other Digimon, and ShadowSeraphimon (which is the closest thing to a canon Spirit Fusion for the Steel Spirits) is as well

The non-prefixed versions also all have wings so there’s at least one visual trait tying them together

Penmon > Kabuterimon > Silphymon > Seraphimon

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so like that still-unfinished joke with gottsumon?
god I want a Mega level Chrome Digizoid Gottsumon so bad
"so Metal Etemon?"
yes. But a Gottsumon

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so like that still-unfinished joke with gottsumon?
god I want a Mega level Chrome Digizoid Gottsumon so bad
"so Metal Etemon?"
yes. But a Gottsumon
yeah it´s about time we get that one, it´s just annoying looking at that line without a finish, a chrome version would be pretty fun all shiny and stuff.

? > ? > Spadamon > IceLeomon > IceLeomon X > ?
Bulucomon>Spadamon>Panjyamon X>Regulumon

though Spadamon is a child now that the Xros mon have levels, so maybe instead
Spadamon>Mojyamon(Icecicles)>Panjyamon(X)>Regulumon

tbh looks pretty much like it could be THE line for Panjyamon, considering that spadamon is like a white lion with round ears like Mojyamon, Mojyamon and Panjyamon and Regulumon only ever evolving from Panjya, aswell of course being a white haired lion too.

Last edited:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish you would say what kinds of Digimon you're looking for beforehand instead of only writing names with question marks

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish you would say what kinds of Digimon you're looking for beforehand instead of only writing names with question marks
maybe they're expecting it to be more self explanatory than it probably is?
i mean, that was why i've done that the couple of times(or maybe only one time?) that i have.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And really, if she was just looking for an Adult-level white lion... there aren’t any, so why bother asking? People often forget that this a “random commentary” thread, not a “random evolution lines” thread.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
three of the offical Spirit Fusions are “prefixed” versions of other Digimon

And Aldamon/Beowulfmon weren't because Emperorgreymon/Magnagarurumon were, and Raihimon wasn't because Kaiserleomon was.

Given this, we have no reason to believe that the real Steel, Metal, Wood, and Water ones wouldn't be as well, as their Beast forms weren't. Unless they designed the Transcendent/Hyper/whatever form at the same time. Then who knows.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please don't act that there even are "real" warriors for Steel, Metal, Wood, and Water. This idea has literally been debunked every time it's been suggested, multiple times, and there has never been actual evidence of the other four sets of Spirits being corrupted not even in concept art.

Darkness is the only Spirit that was ever corrupted, period, that's why he was the only Evil Warrior Bokomon knew nothing about.

In fact I'm pretty sure it's flat out said that Darkness is the only one to have been corrupted and this belief that all five of Cherubim's Spirits were corrupted was invented wholly by the fandom.

Last edited:

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please don't act that there even are "real" warriors for Steel, Metal, Wood, and Water. This idea has literally been debunked every time it's been suggested, multiple times, and there has never been actual evidence of the other four sets of Spirits being corrupted not even in concept art.

Darkness is the only Spirit that was ever corrupted, period, that's why he was the only Evil Warrior Bokomon knew nothing about.

In fact I'm pretty sure it's flat out said that Darkness is the only one to have been corrupted and this belief that all five of Cherubim's Spirits were corrupted was invented wholly by the fandom.
didn't frontier even outright show that the forms were the true ones for the spirits with the short-lived purified reincarnation things being the same forms?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
didn't frontier even outright show that the forms were the true ones for the spirits with the short-lived purified reincarnation things being the same forms?
That's correct, it was while they were sending the DigiDestined back home:
Legendary_Spirits_DF50.jpg

There's also the fact that, unlike with Darkness, the other Evil Warriors are thematically in-line with the Ancient Warriors of their respective elements.

Last edited:

YutoTerumi

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Had an idea to try and get all different evolution ways into my partner line. I think i got them all. the black bar from megadramon to dorbickmon is meant to be a dark evolution, and gaioumon to gaioumon burst mode is indeed a burst mode evolution i just couldnt think of a symbol for it. Can anyone think of any kinds of evolution methods i didnt cover?

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And really, if she was just looking for an Adult-level white lion... there aren’t any, so why bother asking? People often forget that this a “random commentary” thread, not a “random evolution lines” thread.

Panjyamon can be adult level.

hekito-in-digimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
im back and im thinking a golemon evolution without gogmamon

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YutoTerumi that´s a fun idea, I´ll maybe try that myself.
as for stuff you missed, it kinda depends what you count, i might add: Biomerge/Matrix with tamer, X-Antibody, dead evolution, Mode change and/or slide evolution.

there are a couple others but they are mostly just variants of evos that i woudn´t consider, double/hyper/ancient spirit, blast instead of burst, deathX instead of normal X and too specific ones like Mutation from Meicomon, or pseudo evolution from gizmon and Bio evolution from those guys in savers.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so the art for Ornismon's card in the current card game links it and SaberDramon together, which thematically and aesthetically makes a lot of sense, which makes it a shame there isn't really a Perfect that makes a truly perfect fit between them, like there's quite a few that work reasonably well between the two but there's always something that makes it not as smooth a transition as it could be, though I guess that's a pretty minor complaint if we're being honest, there's much worse gaps in the existing roster anyways(like how we still somehow don't have a proper Amphibian derived Ultimate stage)