Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that we know the lineup of 10 different DiMs: if you guys got the opportunity to insert a second Child Digimon into each DiM’s evolutionary line with no other possible change, who’d you pick for each card?

For me, personally:
Impulse City: Kunemon, it keeps the electricity theme but is both different visually enough from Pulsemon and relates to the insect Digimon.

Ancient Warriors: Gumdramon. Probably the hardest given the laser sharp focus on Vmon and dragons.

Agumon & Gabumon: The only theme the Agumon and Gabumon DiMs have in common is “recently featured as enemies in the anime”. Given that: Soundbirdmon for Agumon and Algomon Child for Gabumon.

Black Roar: Gaossmon, fits the theme and is implied to be the Child form of a Virus Greymon.

Shadow Howl: Gazimon- it’s an antagonistic canine that fits the edgy boy beast theme.

Volcanic Beat: Candmon, I did consider Coronamon and Lunamon for these dual DIMs but they seem too popular and there’s too little of their lines in this pair.

Blizzard Fang: Penmon - same as above, not to mention he is Blucomon’s best friend.

Titan of Dust: Gotsumon, since Sunalizamon is his most complimentary Child.

Infinite Tide: Betamon. He really deserves his own DIM with his popularity in polls but given the theme, he’d fit in best here.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fun with recolors, including the new Dukemon one from ReArise.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really unsatisfied with the Virus Busters PenZ having half its slots filled with protagonist dragons so I'm trying to come up with a better one, without reusing too much from the original VB pendulum line or the VB 20th egg in the pendulum 20ths. I think Cutemon, Gladimon, Mistymon, Knightmon, and LordKnightmon might be good replacements for some things, but I'm looking for other things to slot in, preferably without upsetting the attribute balance too much Assuming the ancient digimon, goddramon, and qinglongmon are required as megas because of the sets they're trying to include...

On another note:

Fun with recolors, including the new Dukemon one from ReArise.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's funny that those all exist... I like the new dukemon color, but also where did the green and purple version come from?

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
decided to give making some DIM Card style charts a try, at first was going to use the Dragonrod Art made template a lot of people have been using but that one is too small for the Sprite Art I was wanting to use for this(as I'm basically doing this as a side-project to those Sprite V-Pet style charts I made a while ago as in some respects DIM Card style charts are simpler), so I ended up making my own template by modifying my Sprite V-Pet chart template;

lbhCQ6r.png

and my first chart with it, decided to start with Agumon out of both simplicity and how much I disliked his official DIM Card's lineup;

An5eaSj.png

overall I think I did a decent job, and I think it works fairly well, though I will admit the default way DIM Cards handle evolution trees for each level from Adult onward* kinda has me cross eyed in the implementation(like each Adult has three regular paths to Perfect but each Perfect can only have two Adults evolve into it, then it gets reversed for Perfect into Ultimate), so I think I have it lined up so none of them get too weird but I'm not too sure, so if someone else wants to take a crack at handling the paths I'm open to suggestions(indeed that'll probably be a recurring thing with this series)

*for simplicity I'm ignoring Jogress since that complicates things, also ignoring the weird DIM's like the Agumon & Gabumon ones or the various DIM's that have little to no branching on them(like Black Roar, Shadow Howl, or the Tamers DIM's) as those break the usual rules DIM Cards work on

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's funny that those all exist... I like the new dukemon color, but also where did the green and purple version come from?

The alternate color for Dukemon in Rumble Arena/Tamers Battle Evolution.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
couple mirror lines

8KDezqT.jpg

irw3SEO.jpg

HrP6jq9.jpg

the last one might be a bit of a stretch, i just find Tobiumon similair to Tylomon.

though are there any other digimon that instead of color swaps are similair to each other, like the above MetalGreymon-Megadramon and Etemon-Betsumon?

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HrP6jq9.jpg

the last one might be a bit of a stretch, i just find Tobiumon similair to Tylomon.

I had been considering Swimmon>Tobiumon>Divemon>Surfimon as a partner line for a character, that'd probably work too. What's the child you gave Tylomon?

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what's a good digivolution for Manticoremon?
i´d go with Lucemon Satan Mode(maybe the gold recolor from Linkz), they got the same vibe and Satan in judaism is a servant of god who judges evil, fitting Manticoremons description.

I absolutely love the first two but WarGreymon X does feel out of nowhere
it´s cause somepeople (or maybe just a single person) always calls Surfimon a water/blue version of WGM, so that´s why, i choose X cause of Hydro Force, as a bonus Deepmon got orange hair too.

Last edited:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tried to fiddle with the concept of "Yellow to Golden Insect". Not sureif I like the end product or not. :unsure:

Kunemon.jpg
Flymon.jpg
Metallifekuwagamon.jpg
Heraklekabuterimonx.jpg

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
decided to give making some DIM Card style charts a try, at first was going to use the Dragonrod Art made template a lot of people have been using but that one is too small for the Sprite Art I was wanting to use for this(as I'm basically doing this as a side-project to those Sprite V-Pet style charts I made a while ago as in some respects DIM Card style charts are simpler), so I ended up making my own template by modifying my Sprite V-Pet chart template;

lbhCQ6r.png

and my first chart with it, decided to start with Agumon out of both simplicity and how much I disliked his official DIM Card's lineup;

An5eaSj.png

overall I think I did a decent job, and I think it works fairly well, though I will admit the default way DIM Cards handle evolution trees for each level from Adult onward* kinda has me cross eyed in the implementation(like each Adult has three regular paths to Perfect but each Perfect can only have two Adults evolve into it, then it gets reversed for Perfect into Ultimate), so I think I have it lined up so none of them get too weird but I'm not too sure, so if someone else wants to take a crack at handling the paths I'm open to suggestions(indeed that'll probably be a recurring thing with this series)

*for simplicity I'm ignoring Jogress since that complicates things, also ignoring the weird DIM's like the Agumon & Gabumon ones or the various DIM's that have little to no branching on them(like Black Roar, Shadow Howl, or the Tamers DIM's) as those break the usual rules DIM Cards work on

so now that I've gotten some rest here's the evolution paths;

Greymon-> MetalGreymon, SkullGreymon, Vritramon

Tyrannomon-> MasterTyrannomon, MetalTyrannomon, MegaDramon

FlareLizarmon-> Vritramon, MetalGreymon, MasterTyrannomon

Tankmon-> MetalTyrannomon, MegaDramon, SkullGreymon

Vritramon-> AncientGreymon, WarGreymon

SkullGreymon-> MugenDramon, DinoRexmon

MetalGreymon-> WarGreymon, DinoRexmon

MasterTyrannomon-> DinoRexmon, AncientGreymon

MetalTyrannomon-> MugenDramon, WarGreymon

MegaDramon-> AncientGreymon, MugenDramon

OffBrandANON

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tried to fiddle with the concept of "Yellow to Golden Insect". Not sureif I like the end product or not. :unsure:

Kunemon.jpg
Flymon.jpg
Metallifekuwagamon.jpg
Heraklekabuterimonx.jpg
you could try and incorporate kongoumon somewhere, maybe.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
browsing through wikimons visual list of Digimon i saw this OG Navimon they recently dug up again and i never knew, so here we are.
tn90wG0.jpg

and a line for Ordinemon cause she looks like a squid
LVfs2sp.jpg

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. So Navimon. Where'd they find her? While I like that Ranamon card, it's rough changing into that monster there. ...And for once I don't mean the squidbutt. heh heh

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of meant Digimon and the reference book. But they must have found her after some searching.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
working on the next DIM Card chart, this one's going to be a Gabumon one, got three of the four Adults for it sorted out;

Garurumon
Drimogemon
Cyclomon

not sure what the fourth should be though, any suggestions?