Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would it be possible for Lalamon to become Ponchomon?

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There have been so many DIM card charts to look through here that I made some more.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cardcaptor Sakura inspired evo:

Plotmon or Liollmon - Siesamon X or Pegasmon - ChoHakkaimon - LovelyAngemon

Akira inspired evo:

Any Child level - Raremon - RareRaremon - NEO or DEXmon

What if Etemon+Volcamon's sound hit the certain Digimon partners to trigger their irregular evos?

Agumon - Salamandamon if he suffered like Patamon who evolved into Pegasmon due to tragic imprisonment.

Gabumon - Thunderbirmon for Yamato's girlfriend Sora of Adventure 01 with Piyomon's blessing

Piyomon - Thunderbirmon for Sora's boyfriend Yamato of Adventure 01 with Gabumon's blessing

Tentomon loves Treasure Hunt so much to collect precious junks to evolve into Kenkimon to dig up hidden treasures!

Gomamon - Impossible to come up with any ideas.

Patamon - Gargomon

Plotmon/Tailmon - Hard to come up with ideas for her honestly. Her evos is full of random basically lol although it's Holy only. ChoHakkaimon?

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well we got proper art for FrostVelgrmon, Hiyarimon, and Frozomon now;

Hiyarimon doesn't really change anything beyond what we already knew about it filling in the gap that previously existed between SnowBotamon and the handful of Ice Child stage Digimon

Frozomon is pretty darn clearly designed as a pre-evolution for Raidenmon, though it'd also work pretty well for GrandLocomon, RustTyrannomon, Suijinmon, and Justimon X all off the top of my head

FrostVelgrmon more than anything I see as the result of a Jogress between DaiPenmon(or maybe Tempomon) with either Delumon or Peacockmon

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Frozomon evolved into Raidenmon who later inherited its power to Raijinmon, Fujinmon, and Suijinmon.
Justimon's Trinity Arm modes are based off of Raijinmon, Fujimon, and Suijinmon and in its X antibody form, Justimon X, it wields all 3

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
? You started to sound like Geode all sudden.

It's hard to come up with evos for Frozomon. Honestly I think Kenkimon could fit in there.

Pomumon - Kiwimon - Delumon (+ or) Peacockmon - FrosVelgrmon

I don't think there are any Ice bird types below FrosVelgrmon's level.

Maybe Falcomon Savers - Owlmon - Peacockmon - FrosVelgrmon? Because, the owls in the snow.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frozomon > MetalGarurumon (maybe a red variant, I’m pretty sure one exists)

ice related, robotic and Frozomon has things that look like MetalGarurumon’s shoulder missile launchers(/Gabumon’s feet)

edit: and its knife looks like MetalGarurumon’s wings(/Gabumon’s tail) and tail(/Gabumon’s horn)

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
KoKuwamon - Elephamon - Frozomon - Raidenmon.

Kokuwamon because of its claws almost resembles of Frozomon & Raidenmon's giant blocky claw arm. Elephamon because of its fan ears could be used for that Frozomon's.

? - Komondomon - Frozomon - Vikemon

Obviously... Fur leading to frozen fur or ice shards that look like it's fur then Vikemon because of that tusks equipped... Well for what reasons?!

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah Hiyarimon is fairly obvious, FrosVelgrmon is kinda hard to find a unique line, i feel like Bulcomon or Jazamons line work the best but it´s pretty lame to just go full line to only deviate at the mega.

Frozomon on the other hand fits a bunch

(just imagine that that´s Mega DeckerGreymon)

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno it loses all its ice powers as Raidenmon so I doubt it was "clearly designed for him". Especially when Raidenmon isn't in the DRB they prob don't remember it even exists.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I saw Frozomon's knife, I thought of Sleipmon's flame arrows and Ikkakumon's heated claws.

FrosVelgrmon seems like a good evolution for Swanmon and ReverseWeddinmon. Maybe Yatagaramon, too.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno it loses all its ice powers as Raidenmon so I doubt it was "clearly designed for him". Especially when Raidenmon isn't in the DRB they prob don't remember it even exists.
I mean that's hardly a unique thing(like how Boltmon despite most commonly evolving from either DeathMeramon or BlueMeramon isn't really a fire Digimon at all) and Frozomon and Raidenmon have a lot of similar design traits too(particularly the mono eye, the overall hunched style, and the exact same style of claw hand, just on opposite sides)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And they are the heaviest Machine digimon.

Isn't it funny? Rajinmon, Sajinmon and Fuijinmon said to be "jogressed" into that Raidenmon yet they designed Frozomon the Perfect level that does look like it can go evolve to Raidenmon instead! But I wonder why specifically that Frozomon to be the snow plow machine version of Raidenmon? I hope the interview will give us some explanations about it.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My ice lines.

Penguin > Frigimon > Daipenmon > Frostvelgremon

Penguinmon > Kumamon > Korikakumon > Daipenmon > Frostvelgremon

Blucomon > Paledramon > Cryspaledramon > Hexeblaumon/Daipenmon

I got ideas for Pulsemon lines representing the Protagonists.

Taiga due to his likes of road bikes and name meaning tiger.
Pulsemon > Runnermon > Pistmon > Achillesmon

Takumi Aiba probably because he's also has a beast type that has color green on them.
Pulsemon > Bulkmon > Boutmon > Kazuchimon

And Keisuke because bug partner.
Pulsemon > Exermon > Tempomon/Shootmon > Shivamon

OK maybe not Keisuke he's kinda fine with what he's already got.

OffBrandANON

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
y'know, it's funny how it kinda seem like they just realized, after they started the dim card, that there haven't been all that many ice-themed mons and they needed more.
it also looks like both it and the fire one will have an extra utlimega.
anyone have any guesses on specific lines? or ideas about if they end up making lines for jazamon or herissmon, or any other mons that seem like they're in the same spot that these two childs were before now?

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
y'know, it's funny how it kinda seem like they just realized, after they started the dim card, that there haven't been all that many ice-themed mons and they needed more.
it also looks like both it and the fire one will have an extra utlimega.
anyone have any guesses on specific lines? or ideas about if they end up making lines for jazamon or herissmon, or any other mons that seem like they're in the same spot that these two childs were before now?
it depends on the level like we actually have a good amount of Ice Child & Adult stages, it's at Perfect and especially Ultimate where we've had a real lack of them

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The list of evolutions for this thread is up to date.

Here are some of the evolutions that stood out to me from the last hundred or so pages:

Shakkoumon -> Crossmon / Mitamamon
Pomumon -> Kiwimon
Bakomon -> Mimicmon
Gawappanon -> Tempomon
Pyontomon -> JungleMojyamon - Punching mammal cryptids!
Blitzmon -> Shivamon
Frozomon -> Elephamon / RedMetalGarurumon
RareRaremon -> Boltmon
BladeKuwagamon -> Nanomon - Nanomon was a nanomedicine program, so the knife for operations on computers.
Raptordramon -> ExTyrannomon
Garbamon -> Bacchusmon
ChaosGrimmon -> Mastemon
Ankylomon -> Kenkimon
ShakomonX -> NumemonX
Muchomon -> Archelomon
Golemon -> Valvemon - Steam rock to metal pump.
Gazimon -> BlackGaogamon
Labramon -> TyRudomon -> Giromon/WereGarurumon
Mystimon -> Vulcanusmon - The crystal ball becomes the helmet. lol
Frimon -> Kudamon/Flamon
MadLeomon Armed Mode + OgremonX -> Giromon - The rivals who have gone so far in their fight come together for a greater cause.
Candlemon -> Baromon
Jagamon -> Lotusmon
Dobermon -> Kyukimon
Dinohumon -> Duramon
Cho-Hakkaimon -> LovelyAngemon