Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know you're basing it off of the anime, but I'm surprised you didn't use Garudamon for Hawk Hurricane.
Initially I did - and then I saw that there were so many different bird sequences so I decided to split it into two, basing one on Hawkmon and the other on Biyomon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Last edited:

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suck at image editing. Fortunately, I don't have to be great at it to put things on a template.

VB: "Patchwork"

Since it's not 100% like the layout of the VB, evolutions go as such:

Tankmon and Deltamon can become Chimairamon
Tankmon and Thunderballmon can become Mametyramon
Tankmon and Mechanorimon can become Andromon
Deltamon and Thunderballmon can become Metalgreymon
Deltamon and Mechanorimon can become Gigadramon
Thunderballmon and Mechanorimon can become Metalmamemon

Chimairamon, Metalgreymon, and Gigadramon can become Milleniummon
Chimairamon, Mametyramon, and Andromon can become Metamormon
Metalmamemon, Metalgreymon, and Andromon can become Mugendramon
Metalmamemon, Gigadramon, and Mametyramon can become Gundramon

All Perfects can come from two Adults, all Ultimates can come from three Perfects, and all Perfects can evolve into two things.

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I meant to ask this yesterday, but...

Whose pelt does Zudomon wear (I guess by extension the same applies to Vikemon.)?

I was looking at the poster for Symbiosis, when it dawned on me that it looks as if he's wearing Raguelmon's pelt. Not that Raguelmon had been conceived of then, but in retrospect, whose else could it be?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No idea honestly. But it seems it's kinda common for "Deep Savers" Digimon to wear it.

I don't think that unknown digimon pelt will be ever revealed just like Deltamon being made up of who and that who.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
do you have numbers for the least used?
They would be things not listed, such as DotFalcomon, SkullKnightmon Naginata Mode, MusouKnightmon, and JESmon GX. Or a lot of things that only have one evolution listed. But these might show up in more recent posts I haven't looked through yet.

Whose pelt does Zudomon wear (I guess by extension the same applies to Vikemon.)?

I was looking at the poster for Symbiosis, when it dawned on me that it looks as if he's wearing Raguelmon's pelt. Not that Raguelmon had been conceived of then, but in retrospect, whose else could it be?
Raguelmon does fit. Archelomon's shell looks the most like Zudomon's and that debuted later as well.

My guess is Liamon. I like the jogress Archelomon + Hyogamon + Liamon -> Zudomon.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah so ive been having a lot of fun

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raguelmon does fit. Archelomon's shell looks the most like Zudomon's and that debuted later as well.

My guess is Liamon. I like the jogress Archelomon + Hyogamon + Liamon -> Zudomon.
It's not just because Joe is my favorite, but I really do believe that Gomamon's entire line is PERFECT and was prime for its lore to be featured on the show (How Vikemon leads both armies of Zudomon and Ikkakumon.) Similar to how Adventure initially featured a rivalry between Ogremon and Leomon, just because.

Speaking of this line, Korikakumon and Archelomon work nicely as alternate Champions for Gomamon, though I think the former is also an Ultimate depending on source. I'd like to see Archelomon recolored in keeping with Gomamon's color scheme and have him evolve into Plesiomon. Korikakumon looks more like a primate. Would be cool if Apemon had an Ice variant to complete that line.

Gabumon is another pelt Digimon, so might as well complete the line...

Gabumon > ? > Zudomon > Vikemon?

Lastly, I wonder if the creators of 02 were going for a viking theme. We had Vikemon as a Mega for Armadillomon, and Valkyriemon for Hawkmon, the odd one out is Veemon, unless he was intended to be a demon dragon from Norse mythology sorta like Megiddomon was in Tamers. I don't include Wormmon here, because in my estimation he's an OG digidestined like TK and Kari.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Similar to how Adventure initially featured a rivalry between Ogremon and Leomon, just because.
Because Ogremon and Leomon had the same spot in Digital Monsters, so they were "rivals". Consider also Devimon and Angemon.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon with the most suggested evolutions on these threads by level:

Child: Gabumon - 113
Adult: Tailmon - 80
Perfect: Shakkoumon - 57
Ultimate(previous forms): Goldramon - 72
Hybrid: Duskmon - 61
Armor: Yaksamon - 63
people do NOT like Shakkoumon’s normal evo path, it seems
well as has been discussed a lot throughout all 4 of this thread's incarnations, Vikemon never really felt like a good fit, and of it's other official choices only SlashAngemon feels particularly great*, hence why people are so quick to come up with alternate choices(indeed ClavisAngemon feels like it was almost definitely created to evolve from Shakkoumon)

*well Cherubimon, Crossmon, and Lampmon are all decently fitting off just Shakkoumon alone, but don't really fit well as an endcap to the specific Armadimon-> Ankylomon-> Shakkoumon line
Also Ankylomon is second place for adult level.
Angewomon, Angemon, Patamon and Plotmon are all up there in numbers.
There has been a lot of discussion for all the 02 characters because many didn't like them only having jogress or armor, and some wanted them to have more jogress combos.

Megadramon is close second at perfect level, though. And Agumon is second for child level. Many red dramons.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Lastly, I wonder if the creators of 02 were going for a viking theme. We had Vikemon as a Mega for Armadillomon, and Valkyriemon for Hawkmon, the odd one out is Veemon, unless he was intended to be a demon dragon from Norse mythology sorta like Megiddomon was in Tamers. I don't include Wormmon here, because in my estimation he's an OG digidestined like TK and Kari.
There were very some old discussions about Imperialdramon, Vikemon and Valkyrimon being Norse trio until Vikemon in Tri showed up to break that theory. I don't remember which old topics titled.

I already posted about my random evo line about stealing each others to evolve into. Unable to remember which page located at...

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Similar to how Adventure initially featured a rivalry between Ogremon and Leomon, just because.
Because Ogremon and Leomon had the same spot in Digital Monsters, so they were "rivals". Consider also Devimon and Angemon.
Right.

The Kuwagamon and Kabuterimon families have that same rivalry, and by extension I would have said Greymon and Tyrannosaurus, but Greymon always seems to come up against Parrotmon.

There were very some old discussions about Imperialdramon, Vikemon and Valkyrimon being Norse trio until Vikemon in Tri showed up to break that theory. I don't remember which old topics titled.

I already posted about my random evo line about stealing each others to evolve into. Unable to remember which page located at...
I'd be interested in reading that.

Not that I think Imperialdramon works, but where they could have possibly been going with that.

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just stumbled on N.E.O...

Was this intended for Frontier as a Rookie for Susanomon, and a rival to Lucemon?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No he's from Digimon next which is data squad era. Five years after frontier. And he wouldn't be rookie dude was stronger than Barbamon fused with Yggdrasil

OffBrandANON

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i tried a vb style line:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Last edited:

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never really a fan of the Devas, at least the art style, but I really like Meicoomon to Mihiramon. Not sure where it might go from there.

Something like Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura would be nice. Firamon could go in that direction too.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn´t expect Raremon to get an official evo, what you think fits for Mega?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never really a fan of the Devas, at least the art style, but I really like Meicoomon to Mihiramon. Not sure where it might go from there.

Something like Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura would be nice. Firamon could go in that direction too.
That'd be cool. Right now I think AncientSphinxmon works best, just for the wings.
I didn´t expect Raremon to get an official evo, what you think fits for Mega?
Nidhoggmon works pretty well. Both multi-eyed abominations that consume en masse.