Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I interpreted Frozomon as a snowblower, with the snow-spout being that protrusion on the back of its head.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah some almigation of those things, could be like a winter guardromon or a nice alt evo for Kenkimon cause of the tracks

Seejeymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bet there isn't any perfect out there that looks like them as much as they look like each other, but does anyone here have any thoughts on what could connect them conceptually at least?

I was messing up with DORUmon's and Gumdramon's lines as I'm pretty sure the latter was based on the former and didn't like any combination as most similarities are in both the child stages, but these ones were left out and look alike quite a lot too to me.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
just go with Arresterdramon superior mode, alternatively ther are Gigadramon and evil Grademon

Seejeymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like to consider Superior Mode as a Perfect (they ignored stages so many times, why can't I?) and in one of the artworks it just seems to go the other way to look less like DORUgoramon.

But I guess it is still the best option: there are the wings and in another official artwork his gloves look more like armour and maybe the... hmm... "tail-sword(?)" changing and then reverting to almost what it was could be esplained as a consequence of loosing the Kinkoji (that ring thing on its tail)?

But the other suggestions are very interesting too, I mean, Saviour Hackmon also seems to be made of swords.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But I guess it is still the best option: there are the wings and in another official artwork his gloves look more like armour and maybe the... hmm... "tail-sword(?)" changing and then reverting to almost what it was could be esplained as a consequence of loosing the Kinkoji (that ring thing on its tail)?
Also, he gains just hints of gold on things like the tail and the armbands, which follow through to Doragoramon.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Pitchmon > Bukamon > Gomamon > Orcamon > Tylomon > Plesiomon
Plesiomon hasn’t been Perfect, unless you’re doing the Lost Evolution “Rookie > Armour > Mega” thing

EDIT: It’s the first of April in my time zone now, so here’s a line I’ve been waiting to post for a while with some Digimon from 2013

Image Thumbnail

(the costumes from Kill La Kill are somewhat NSFW but it’s not much more skimpy than, say, Angewomon, so I hope it’s allowed today)

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whose said that line "There are no Perfect levels with multiple tails"? I don't remember who said that. But I remembered DORUgremon and DexDORUgremon did have multiple tails?

Any Child in Deep Savers - Depthmon - Divemon + Piranimon - Regalecusmon

Having Piranimon jogress to boosts the shark instincts on Divemon's mind to be more savage as he evolves to Regalecusmon overloading its "Data" attribute and keeping Merman body style.

About Merman body style... I'm really surprised we gotten Regalecusmon and Divemon. Fish merman. Shark merman. Kappa merman. I hope we will have a green merman and other one is that frog body style in the future. Shame we still didn't get "Street Shark" inspired design that suits Digimon so much better! Divemon sprite tricked me lol

DeathMeramon, Rebellimon, BlueMeramon, and few others into Shroudmon in previous posts. I find it weird none brought up any Demon Man or evil looking ones with demonic fire attacks in Nightmare Soldiers evolving to him? I was thinking of Mephismon X but it isn't enough to come up with interesting ideas.

Digimon Masters

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you think of a line

Bushiagumon>Gladimon>Knightmon>lordknightmon

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Digimon Masters That's pretty standard from Gladimon onwards. Kotemon is the usual Child stage there, but BushiAgumon also works.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How has no one mentioned this evolution line here yet? Haven't seen any discussion on this AT ALL in any of these threads. Look how wacky this is!

Joking aside, but probably still foolish, I've been working on the list of evos again. Not updated to the current post yet, but I've started moving it to a format that is hopefully easier to access and read. Let me know what you think of it/suggestions.

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How has no one mentioned this evolution line here yet? Haven't seen any discussion on this AT ALL in any of these threads. Look how wacky this is!

Joking aside, but probably still foolish, I've been working on the list of evos again. Not updated to the current post yet, but I've started moving it to a format that is hopefully easier to access and read. Let me know what you think of it/suggestions.
Why would an armadillo evolve into an Anklyosaurus, A holy clay figure and a furry walrus?

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*holy clay figure

obviously makes sense.
As i said(and drew) long time ago in the fan-made digimon thread imo dino+angel= archaeopterix
but ehh, i can see what they were going for with armadi and ankylo being kinda ground-based(?) ground=clay i guess

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...I think 413's KLK levels are funny. ...If they had time they could have also done Satsuki.