Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there'll be big cat digimon with some dog parts, I'd like to see one in the future.
technically we already have that with Siesamon and Caturamon who are both inspired by Shiisaa, japanese guardian statues that are a cross between lion and dog.

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
technically we already have that with Siesamon and Caturamon who are both inspired by Shiisaa, japanese guardian statues that are a cross between lion and dog.
Yeah however not for me, I still view it as the lion-dog statues. I want... Something fleshy and meat, non-mythical creature.

Mythical creatures are pretty much mashup "chimera" animals.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can you help me?

Kiimon > Wanyamon > BlackGatomon > BlackGarurumon > JagerLoweemon > Leopardmon (LM)
Not sure what you need help with, but BlackTailmon is usually Adult-level. So Maybe Gazimon/Vi-Elecmon/BlackGabumon instead.
Because BlackGatomon has no tail ring, It's Rookie.
Even in the context of 02, Tailmon's actual stage never regressed to Child, only her power. She still super evolved to Angewomon and jogressed to Silphymon like a regular Adult. So the subspecies not having the Rings doesn't invalidate them as Adults.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can you help me?

Kiimon > Wanyamon > BlackGatomon > BlackGarurumon > JagerLoweemon > Leopardmon (LM)
Not sure what you need help with, but BlackTailmon is usually Adult-level. So Maybe Gazimon/Vi-Elecmon/BlackGabumon instead.
Because BlackGatomon has no tail ring, It's Rookie.
I don’t think that’s ever been canonized
A dark evil Digimon isn't going to have a Holy Ring in the first place. That'd be weird

OffBrandANON

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yḱnow, i wonder if other holy digimon have that weakness, or just gatomon and, probably, plotmon?
thinking about it, it is often a thing of angel digimon having disproportionate combat power, as glass cannons, whereas demons, tend to be, until you get to higher levels, be weak in raw power but great in skill and indirect power.

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yḱnow, i wonder if other holy digimon have that weakness, or just gatomon and, probably, plotmon?
thinking about it, it is often a thing of angel digimon having disproportionate combat power, as glass cannons, whereas demons, tend to be, until you get to higher levels, be weak in raw power but great in skill and indirect power.
Is that really the case though? Devimon is your prototypical demon and has had pretty significant power advantages over similarly-leveled Digimon in most of his appearances. I suppose you could attribute them to Dark Gears/Miasma but he was still beating the stuffing out of Leomon in OG Adventure and had power that Ogremon was without a doubt inferior.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even in the context of 02, Tailmon's actual stage never regressed to Child, only her power. She still super evolved to Angewomon and jogressed to Silphymon like a regular Adult. So the subspecies not having the Rings doesn't invalidate them as Adults.
Yeah. That said, Tailmon has been treated as a Child level before, so Blacktailmon as a Child is at least not totally unreasonable. It's not like there haven't been many examples of levels being not-always consistent in Digimon (eg Whamon, Goldnumemon, and their ilk).

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How about you guys talk about this line?

Puttimon > Kyupimon > Lucemon > Piddomon > Lucemon FM > Mutant Lucemon SM

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks pretty standard. It’s Lucemon’s usual line with Pidmon as the Adult and the mutated Satan Mode. Pidmon fits thematically with Cupimon, though it seems rather unimpressive compared to its Child and Perfect forms.

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about this?

Pupumon > Minomon > Morphomon > Hudiemon > Eosmon (Ultimate) > Eosmon (Mega)

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some quick evolution ideas that came to my mind about this new little friend:

Rookies explain themselves.
Jyagamon is actually his canonical evolution, minerva is just the most cute evolution that jyagamon can aspire, meanwhile we dont get a potato ultimate mon, minerva is the most accurate jyagamon evolution for this line imo. Also minerva helmet + wings fit very good with both burgamon hats + wings.

Potamon to Pumpmon, they are both small digimon, and despite pumpmon is a puppet digimon, a pumpkin is still food, so i dont see anything bad about this evo.
Noblepump and Pinocchi feel very good, both are digimon with lot of clothes, noblepump scarf matches the potamon one and pinochi clothes is even the same that potamon have (dont know the name of that garmet on english).

Was about to put gerbemon as pinochi pre since gerbemon has banana hair, but meh, didnt conviced me at all. Do you think gerbemon would fit?

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Double time. Appmon for this one are Cardmon, Dancemon, Dokamon, Puzzlemon, Aidmon, Kaimon, Newsmon, Tutomon, Yadomon, and Rocketmon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about this?

Pupumon > Minomon > Morphomon > Hudiemon > Eosmon (Ultimate) > Eosmon (Mega)
Seems like the standard Eosmon line except for Hudiemon instead of Champion.

@HeavyLeomon That line is awesome. I don't like the design congruity between Jyagamon and Minervamon, even if I understand where you're coming from...but that's just me. I'm all about the other two Megas though.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For a potato-themed Jyagamon line, I like Algomon as the ultimate. It's like the potato growing eyes and sprouting stalks. Bacchusmon is a good option too because potato can be made into alchohol.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Jyagamon is actually his canonical evolution, minerva is just the most cute evolution that jyagamon can aspire, meanwhile we dont get a potato ultimate mon, minerva is the most accurate jyagamon evolution for this line imo. Also minerva helmet + wings fit very good with both burgamon hats + wings.

Potamon to Pumpmon, they are both small digimon, and despite pumpmon is a puppet digimon, a pumpkin is still food, so i dont see anything bad about this evo.
Noblepump and Pinocchi feel very good, both are digimon with lot of clothes, noblepump scarf matches the potamon one and pinochi clothes is even the same that potamon have (dont know the name of that garmet on english).

Was about to put gerbemon as pinochi pre since gerbemon has banana hair, but meh, didnt conviced me at all. Do you think gerbemon would fit?
Is Potamon really a champion?

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

last time I did a line with Jyagamon* I had it evolve to BanchoLilimon, since Potatoes are a Flowering plant after all

*though that line I used Lalamon and Yakiimon for the Child and Adult stages since this was months before Potemon was revealed(it is kinda funny that we now have two different Tuber Adult stage Digimon now though)