Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we all agree about dogbusmon evoing to a full trailmon. That's a good idea.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we all agree about dogbusmon evoing to a full trailmon. That's a good idea.
Umm... no. They're both Adult-level.
Technically that isn't confirmed. It's obviously Champion though

Could work for Locomon though I guess... and actually get used - since the video games have never used Trailmon ever.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i think he meant Locomon, yeah i guess Komondomon has a higher chance to be the new evo line for Locomon.
weird, even though they had such a big role in frontier none of them ever got official art or appeared anywahere, except that one card from Trailmon Ball, who is almost his own thing.
not to mention the standard Appmon that looks like GranLocomon
I´ d really enjoy some official art for Trailmon C-89

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Yeah. I meant the big trains. Of course. Don't know how that happened.

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mind sending Geode your templates from the Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships thread?

He asked me to make partner lines for the cast of Gundam Builder Fighters after seeing my Phantom Thieves lines but I have no familiarity with the IP so I offered to send him your templates which I used for Phantom Thieves.

And I'm now working on a hexagon-tiled grid for partner trios with slots for jogresses/xrosses, I'll post here when it gets done.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks though I was asking to specifically the templates you made in the format of the Partner Digimon template since I wanna say you made at least three distinct versions of that template.

citramon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks though I was asking to specifically the templates you made in the format of the Partner Digimon template since I wanna say you made at least three distinct versions of that template.
Most, if not all of them were made editing this clearer one - like in that one with Sleipmon and Raijinmon jogressing into Alter S and then turning into Omega Blade. All I had to do was stack three copies of the template and changing some arrows' positions.

Edit: here's the original I got from 4chan, I don't know who's the author

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Sparrowmon is a rookie and has Raptor Sparrowmon a champion does anybody have ideas for ultimate and mega? Because she doesn’t have an official one yet.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Sparrowmon is a rookie and has Raptor Sparrowmon a champion does anybody have ideas for ultimate and mega? Because she doesn’t have an official one yet.
You could do Parrotmon and Crossmon, but Parrotmon's a bit of an odd duck.
I tried to do a line a bit ago, but there aren't really any gold bird Ultimates. There's Peacockmon or maybe Maildramon.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You could do Parrotmon and Crossmon, but Parrotmon's a bit of an odd duck.
I tried to do a line a bit ago, but there aren't really any gold bird Ultimates. There's Peacockmon or maybe Maildramon.
They really should make new Digimon for Sparrowmon I hope it happens in VB.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that's why Sparrowmon being a Child stage pisses me off so much, she works great as an Adult, but is just plain awkward as a Child

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that's why Sparrowmon being a Child stage pisses me off so much, she works great as an Adult, but is just plain awkward as a Child
aw come on, you don't think Sparrowmon is comparable to *checks reference book* Agumon made of Legos who falls apart when startled?

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
aw come on, you don't think Sparrowmon is comparable to *checks reference book* Agumon made of Legos who falls apart when startled?
nah ToyAgumon works fine as the Child stage for plenty of other Digimon, meanwhile I can't really think of any Adult Digimon that would work well evolving from Sparrowmon besides RaptorSparrowmon

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nah ToyAgumon works fine as the Child stage for plenty of other Digimon, meanwhile I can't really think of any Adult Digimon that would work well evolving from Sparrowmon besides RaptorSparrowmon
Pteranomon?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure Raptordramon and Diatrymon would also be viable and I'm not sure how Sparrowmon works any better as an Adult vs as a Child consider large Child level digimon have existed since Guilmon and Renamon. If anything her being Adult makes less sense given her human form:

Her, Shoutmon and Cutemon are all very clearly meant to be kids whereas even Gatomon, the most Child-like Adult stage Digimon, still looks like a young adult as does Ballistamon even if he's more vague.

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
pteranomon and jazardmon both work as alt evos for sparrowmon, peacockmon works as a perfect maybe with AncinetIrismon as the ultimate or go full airplane and go Jazarichmon to JetSilphymon