Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

humon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The creator of Aequcedramon says it's "either level 3 or 4" (so Child or Adult), but I think its proportions look more Adult than Child. A cute Adult, but an Adult nontheless (though the Tamers-era Rookies, like Guilmon and Renamon are both large for their level, and Gatomon is small for hers, so who knows). The original design screams Rookie, but I'm not so sure about the Kenji Watanabe redesign.

Gonna call this another one of those times when level depends on creative license.

HAVING SAID THAT, I'm thinking of the following line for an art project I'm tinkering with.
My reasoning is Aequcedramon's draconic nature clashes with Yukidarumon's icy nature. Dragonfire (even icy dragonfire) + ice = water, so Splashmon is the "melted" form. DaiPenmon is a Hybrid Digimon, so my headcanon is that they're possible for Digimon to reach without Legendary Spirits, but it requires a Jogress.

Last edited:

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your headcanon is partly right. But it's not Jogress that's required but a DigiXros/DigiFusion. Penmon, Yukidarumon and Shakkoumon can Xros/Fuse into DaiPenmon.

humon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your headcanon is partly right. But it's not Jogress that's required but a DigiXros/DigiFusion. Penmon, Yukidarumon and Shakkoumon can Xros/Fuse into DaiPenmon.
That's why it's a headcanon

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, it seems like DigiXros/DigiFusion has been retroactively integrated into Jogress/Fusion/DNA Digivolution to the point Nokia's proclamation of "Gattai!" was even translated as "Digifuse!" when her partners WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon merged back into Omegamon:

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, it seems like DigiXros/DigiFusion has been retroactively integrated into Jogress/Fusion/DNA Digivolution to the point Nokia's proclamation of "Gattai!" was even translated as "Digifuse!" when her partners WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon merged back into Omegamon:
Nokia, it should be noted, had no goddamn idea what she was doing and admitted that she had no idea if what she was saying would work.

This puts her about on par with Cyber Sleuth's translation job, which was also quite shoddy.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nokia, it should be noted, had no goddamn idea what she was doing and admitted that she had no idea if what she was saying would work.

This puts her about on par with Cyber Sleuth's translation job, which was also quite shoddy.
Fair point but we also have both Shoutmon X2 and X3 being treated as Jogresses in Masters which seems more indicative of how DigiXrosses are gonna be treated going forward now that Levels are a thing for XW Digimon.

humon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Fair point but we also have both Shoutmon X2 and X3 being treated as Jogresses in Masters which seems more indicative of how DigiXrosses are gonna be treated going forward now that Levels are a thing for XW Digimon.
Yeah, Jogress, Spirit Evolution Hybrids and DigiXros (and then there's stuff like ExE evolution from Digimon World Next Order) are all pretty much interchangable with each other, IMO.

At least where the null-canon is concerned. In individual anime series, sure, they're different things, but in Digimon at large I don't think the terminology really matters.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
with the addition of Aequcedramon i tried my best to put together a chart for all the blue reptilians

and some ideas for Ganvivormon

Last edited:

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
you forgot WingDramon and MailBirDramon, not to mention quite a few V-mon Armor Evolutions that should probably be on there too(and probably PailDramon/DinoBeemon and ImperialDramon as well)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's impressive and very nice. Great job. And thanks for doing that. heh

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
you forgot WingDramon and MailBirDramon, not to mention quite a few V-mon Armor Evolutions that should probably be on there too(and probably PailDramon/DinoBeemon and ImperialDramon as well)
I mean, you could probably put together your own chart, I'd love to see even more interpretations

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i dunno how i could have overlooked wingdramon, just put him between coredrtamon blue and dukemon core and that should be a pretty satisfying line, mailbirdramon i dunno i see it more as a bird, if you really wanted too it could evolve from gaos mon going into metalgreymonXW and Jazarichmon, though that would be hard to depict in this chart.
the armors i left out on purpose, there are just to many with random V-mon parts and they don´ t really go anywhere in terms of evolutions.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they are dramons but both have non-dragon types
You could say the same thing about Lighdramon, most Seadramons, and Ebidramon, which has multiple references in the Reference Book to being a dragon in spite of appearance and has been referenced as one in at least one manga.

Not being in a specific field is pretty much meaningless, because they only add things to fields on very rare occasions. It took Raremon twenty two years to be added to Metal Empire in spite of most of its functional body being machinery.

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dramons are dragons that's all that's there to be said.

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Decided to speculate possible evo lines revolving around the newly revealed Digimon, Komondomon. I'm guessing it's the missing Champion from Metal Empire, Pen Z.