Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah that. Maybe use that instead. It might fit slightly better color wise.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say regular Renamon works just fine color wise, about the same color shift between it and Fangmon as there is between say Agumon and Tyranomon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. Shame there isn't a different colored version. heh heh But yeah I saw the point in using it but you know, sometimes these kinds of things look better.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Kotekuma What TMS said, the guy who appeared alongside Devimon.

With the Hybrid Digimon getting some spotlight again by the card game, I was inspired into doing Spirit-like lines for the other Ultimate Digimon typed as Ancient something. I decided to use Imperialdramon only once, so went with Paladin Mode.

I was set on using one of the God Grade Appmons as the "Ancient Evolution", as they all have one of the kind of "god rings" Susanooomon has. I thougth Rebootmon best fit these three.

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Tried doing something with the TCG art and the style of mini portraits it uses. Some of these I could've cropped better but oh well.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Tried doing something with the TCG art and the style of mini portraits it uses. Some of these I could've cropped better but oh well.
this template would be super fun to do with our Digimon Card Game decks (for those here who have one) and see what our evolution lines within our decks would look like laid in a chart. I've looked at my deck a few times and went "I have an evolutionary tree here with some really interesting branches"

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Notus Island I see you departed from Frontier's D'arcmon/HippoGriffomon as the human and beast spirit equivalents. I think it works well with Ornismon. But Yatagaramon and Crowmon are quite good for Ornismon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Kotekuma What TMS said, the guy who appeared alongside Devimon.

With the Hybrid Digimon getting some spotlight again by the card game, I was inspired into doing Spirit-like lines for the other Ultimate Digimon typed as Ancient something. I decided to use Imperialdramon only once, so went with Paladin Mode.

I was set on using one of the God Grade Appmons as the "Ancient Evolution", as they all have one of the kind of "god rings" Susanooomon has. I thougth Rebootmon best fit these three.
Wonderful suggestions also that random Human/Beast spots for certain digimon ones is great, too. Liked Yatagaramon and Karatenmon

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man it's been three months since I did one of these blurbs, eh? But the lines have been finalized for a while, so I may as well post another of the four MCs.

As before, spoiling the story part because it's a bit longer.

Oswald Browning was a boy who wanted control over his life.

On that fateful day, he and three others were swallowed into the Digital World, and as he was swept up into something far greater than himself Oswald grew to admire the one who had saved him - the man who had created, and who clearly had control over, the City. His partner, the ambitious Koromon, agreed - and as it evolved into Commandramon, the two began training alongside his personal mercenary force as he formed a rivalry with Tyson McCoy, another of the three. When Tyson got his Digimon to Evolve into an Adult, Oswald pushed his to do so as well, and it did, becoming a yet unknown variant of Greymon - and the two's training intensified after that, as the potential for greatness was there.

But no matter what he did, it never seemed to be enough.

Tyson showed clear growth, as his Digimon's new Digimental allowed it to hit power yet unseen. The other two had reached new, strange evolutions, which allowed them to accelerate their training. But even as Oswald and his partner trained harder and harder, and as Commandramon/Greymon began undergoing modifications to make it stronger in the field, they could not breach into a new form. Enough was finally enough, and after the X Incident, the two decided to do something drastic - to attempt to modify Greymon further to force an evolution out of it, something that was almost always a failure unless it was used by the most powerful of Digimon at that level. They deemed themselves strong enough. They were not.

What struck Oswald the most, though, was that in the short time that Metalgreymon was active, even though he was capable of firepower tagged as the level of a nuclear bomb... he was defeated with relative ease. Indeed, after the beatdown whose injuries pushed it to the brink of deletion, the main thing the older Tamer had to say to him was that if he truly wanted to get better, he would have to learn to wait - that any power gained quickly was lost just as quickly, and that true strength came from things made to be unbreakable. Oswald and Greymon went back to training after the recovery period, enviously watching as some of the mercenaries around him finally broke through their own limits and passed the Adult level to the desired Perfect.

But forces outside the city were stirring again. A war was on the horizon, and while the older Tamer had no wish for the four younger ones to participate, they snuck into the battlefield anyway. Here, all four of them gained new power, and Greymon's powerful cannon, immense ferocity, and draconic pride allowed him to take to the skies once more as the outrageous Gigadramon. With all four Tamers having achieved Perfect forms and having proven themselves in true combat, the older Tamer decided that it was safe for them to leave into the world, for now they could defend themselves against nearly anything there was.

But the Digital World is a harsh and unforgiving land, much of the time. Many hard challenges came by, and many harder victories. As the four learned the truth of the world, tempers flared, and cracks in their relationships grew deeper. They all drew apart, until they found proof of something so great, so horrible, so terrifying, that their only choice left was to work together again. And in the fighting that had happened, what was once a terrifying dragon became an even greater monster, as Gigadramon broke into the Ultimate level, the extremely powerful Blitzgreymon, after much fighting with a mysterious golden warrior who fought with only one arm.

And it is said that on the last battlefield of the world, when a great star rose even brighter than before to fight the evil that would have destroyed them all, beside him was a warrior without peer who fought an almighty dragon...

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
why the weird neutral pose art for BlitzGreymon?
Because I like both the linearts and the new TCG arts it got more than its Reference Book art, but one of the linearts wasn't colored and I'm not going through the effort of de-texting either of the cards to get at the art.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After seeing this picture: https://wikimon.net/File:Pulsemon_bulkmon_boutmon.jpg I'm thinking that Boutmon will be my new favorite Perfect form for Gankoomon. I'm looking forward to other new Perfects from the VB being revealed. Hopefully one will have the lightning-shaped horn that Bulkmon does, so it can serve as an evolutionary bridge between Lighdramon/Thunderbirmon and Qinglongmon.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Porcupamon can go home because Phascomon has a new perfect Adult form in Namakemon. And I don't doubt Namakemon's Perfect will make for a better transition into Belphemon Sleep Mode than Astamon ever did.

HeavyLeomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Loved pulsemon, and this guys come to my mind when i see him. Footmon fit so good in Pulsemon fitness thematic, as someone commented i also related boutmon to gankoomon, just dont added to this image bc i wanted a full cyber/thunder evolution line.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm torn between wanting all of Pulsemon's evolutions to be new and the fact that Footmon the electric athlete fits him ridiculously well.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I first saw Boutmon, I instantly thought of Asuramon. But that is not bad suggestion for Gankoomon. Since X form have fighting style data from fighting games. His name could be... Martialmon. Sorry I don't know what to name this....

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. These new Digimon are perfect for some lines. Which means a lot of these are nice.