Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated my Phantom Thieves lines:

Panther and Fox are unchanged cause I liked how they looked and if you're wondering, QueenChessmon uses the machine data from Rebellimon to create a Behemoth hence why it's pictured in Extras.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A line based on youkai and Japanese religions. Tapirmon “flips over” when it evolves to Reppamon (helmet/head becomes bladed tail with eye, cloudy back legs becomes cloudy mouth), then as Shakkoumon it stands up (tail splits to become wings, metal covers entire body), then as Sakuyamon Miko Mode it discards its metal shell (wings become either its onusa or sleeves (idk), Reppamon’s head comes back as its mask)

A fairy that becomes more and more insect-like. Tinkermon has a change of heart (and clothes) and becomes more heroic, discarding its spear, then as Fairymon it decides its outfit is too impractical and evolves into Butterflymon to have some armour, which merges with it as HerculesKabuterimon.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dopemon also works good with MarinDevimon, similair feet, claws and ferocious nature

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hudiemon could also work in that line, thematically, especially with Butterflymon. She's just slightly more insectoid than Kazemon / Fairymon. It's a shame there's no butterfly or moth Megas (the closest is probably Eosmon's final form, which could work as a more antagonistic branch). Another alternative would be HerculesKabuterimon X, if you don't mind the X-Antibody.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hudiemon could also work in that line, thematically, especially with Butterflymon. She's just slightly more insectoid than Kazemon / Fairymon. It's a shame there's no butterfly or moth Megas (the closest is probably Eosmon's final form, which could work as a more antagonistic branch). Another alternative would be HerculesKabuterimon X, if you don't mind the X-Antibody.
Lilithmon X has some butterfly wings, though she is more humanoid then insectoid so for that particular line not the best.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few more reincarnation lines:

Here Piyomon's evo into Akatorimon ends up "rooting" her next line, making it flghtless and with plant atributes. Delumon's aristocratic pride pushes the next into actual royalty, eventually trancending into godhood. Popomon and Frimon's plant atributes really help this bridge.

This one started to link Botamon and YukimiBotamon, so Botamon goes down the ice variant path. The second line ends up on the beast side, with some of it's previous ice abilities resurfacing on Chackmon. The reversal on Pandamon has the strange effect of pushing it's next incarnation on the path of heroism, eventually reacquiring it's ice powers for that end. As Ropuremon sword is holy, I used Cupimon as a preevo, also it's the Baby II I feel works best for human-like mons.

Another chain that started as an experiment: in this, the progression was made by the digitamas, each step filling out and "maturing". Relemon's line goes as usual until this Renamon learns water magic, evolving into Witchmon. This has the effect of turning the next line into aquatic mammals and the next one becomes even more ingrained in water.

Last edited:

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It really annoys me that ShootingStarmon isn't Mega level; then I would have put SuperStarmon and him after Starmon.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a Perfect for Fuijinmon?

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It really annoys me that ShootingStarmon isn't Mega level; then I would have put SuperStarmon and him after Starmon.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a Perfect for Fuijinmon?
Never would I have pictured the toy robots as in a ultimate stage or even as digimons.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I usually use SoundBirdmon as the Child stage for the Corrupted Darkness Spirits, come to think of it Nidhoggmon would work pretty well as an Ultimate for that line too

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why the Monzaemon > Mugendramon?
It's been a while since I made that line, but probably three reasons: 1) Both are Metal Empire.
2) Monzaemon was the strongest monster in the original V-Pet, and the Digimon Reference Book says that MugenDramon is the strongest there is.
3) It fits with ToyAgumon.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never would I have pictured the toy robots as in a ultimate stage or even as digimons.
Are you referring to Tinmon/Blikmon? It's from Digimon World 1 and 2.
Did not remember them being reffered to that in the game.
They were actually obtainable partners in Digimon World 2! Golemon wireframe and Blikmon are basically the only two Digimon from those games without a reference book page . . .

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you referring to Tinmon/Blikmon? It's from Digimon World 1 and 2.
Did not remember them being reffered to that in the game.
They were actually obtainable partners in Digimon World 2! Golemon wireframe and Blikmon are basically the only two Digimon from those games without a reference book page . . .
Brachiomon and the Yanmamon don't either.

Despite being used in the reboot.

At least Tinmon cameod in the background of ToyAgumon's 2020 card.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pendulum Z updated new line for Swimmon.

Swimmon> Tobiumon> Gusokumon> Aegisdramon.