Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a BlackGaogamon? Then why don't we have a black/blue/virus Rize Greymon?
Black Gaogamon and Mach are from NEXT, it doesn't even have the rest of its line. Sort of like how Orange Guilmon kinda just stops at Perfect.

We do have Shinegreymon Ruin and no other Ruin Modes though.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Black Gaogamon and Mach are from NEXT, it doesn't even have the rest of its line. Sort of like how Orange Guilmon kinda just stops at Perfect.

Only BlackGaogamon appeared in Next. BlackMachGaogamon debuted in Jintrix. I actually think they didn't even specifically name the black Gaogamon as "BlackGaogamon" in Next.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a BlackGaogamon? Then why don't we have a black/blue/virus Rize Greymon?

actually there isn't a Orange version of Guilmon, only for Growlmon and MegaloGrowlmon, however those two are the best official line that VictoryGreymon has

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
actually there isn't a Orange version of Guilmon, only for Growlmon and MegaloGrowlmon, however those two are the best official line that VictoryGreymon has
I prefer them going into Shinegreymon. Nothing to end a line of nuclear dragons like turning into the dragon of the sun.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I prefer them going into Shinegreymon. Nothing to end a line of nuclear dragons like turning into the dragon of the sun.
ShineGreymon already has it's canon line, meanwhile there's no other good lines for VictoryGreymon as evolving from either the original, X-Antibody, or 2006 Agumon lines feels awkward at best, while using it to cap the Data Growlmon line feels relatively unique(especially if you use one of the Agumon variants like Hakase or Bushi to start the line off with)

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ShineGreymon already has it's canon line, meanwhile there's no other good lines for VictoryGreymon
...Except, uh, its canon line.

Saying Risegreymon into Victorygreymon is awkward is essentially saying Metalgreymon into Wargreymon is awkward, on that note.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
no no the best evolution of orange MegaloGrowmon is MedievalDukemon, since they're all Data-attribute.

VictoryGreymon evolving from a Growmon-species is more awkward than Metal/RizeGreymon having two evolutions like Angewomon.

You can use MG Alterous Mode > VictoryGreymon if you really want something unique, but it's not an official evolution yet.

Last edited:

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nah bro, Team Medieval Dukemon over here. Medieval is a Data type like the orange Growlies and uses more yellow in its design

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

There is an orange Guilmon in Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit. It didn't evolve to Growmon(and it was probably still virus type), though.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deltamon + Gargomon = Manticoremon

or Gargomon + Devidramon.

Yashamon + Gargomon or Devidramon

Depthmon + Yashamon + Gargomon

I think I want to see Child level Chimeramon which is awesome but impossible to dream huh.

Monodramon - Dobermon - Manticoremon - Gokumon for Virus Hunter digimon who loves to hunt down poor Virus types.

BlackMirageGaogamon didn't happen :/ black canine knight is awesome but weird ShineGreymon Ruin Mode is only one yet they never design more Ruin modes eh?

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Virus Busters, minus dragons for a change. Whatever icons of mine you see here are free to use/edit as always, with credit.

Hydranoid413

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
new to the forum so this is my first one

This is meant to have a bit of a story behind it. Veemon tries to force a quick evolution to Champion by making itself a cyborg and fails badly, and becomes Raremon. After a while it manages to pull itself back together somewhat back into a dragon/dinosaur, but still with the cyborg bits. If it doesn't learn its lesson, it finds an X-Antibody and uses it to upgrade itself further, then evolves into Darkdramon. If it does, it finds a Digi-Egg of Courage and returns to a completely organic state, then evolves into its "proper" Mega, Imperialdramon.

Veedramon's just there to justify Allomon being a slide digivolution.

This line's been brewing in my head a while, after reading Bogleech's Raremon review which made me realise that it could work well with Virus MetalGreymon.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally put on images an idea I've been thinking on for a few days. Inspired by the "Egg Reversal Count" mechanics of some games, I made charts where the Digimon incorporate traits of their past incarnations each generation.

Starting with our franchise's very own Pikachu mascot, Agumon!

A bit basic on the first reversal, Agumon gets slighty stronger and goes into mechanization, which heavily influences his next line, where he goes very gun-happy. I also took advantage of Chromon's MetalKoromon dub name, and Darkdramon makes for a good WarGreymon parallel in this context.

Next, Sunflowmon's line reptilian traits are inherited in Nyokimon's latent dragon data, which weirdly mutates into Kabukimon and stabilizes into fairy type Lilamon. Which proceeds to paint the digitama PINK, giving birth to a pink power line. ...in other words, the fairy data becomes dominant and eventually the line matures into holy Digimon.

Here, Funbeemon's natural transition into cyborg Waspmon translates into early mechanization in the next line, who then passes it's Thunder elemental abilities on, with some cybernetic undertones.

This scheme also lent itself to the following varition, where a typically Jogress born digimon reincarnates into a single digitama. Also starting with the obvious candidate, Omegamon!

Omegamon is reborn as Shoutmon, who eventually manifests his past incarnation's power as the Omega InForce. On the next cycle, he's born as a Legend Arms, thanks to OmegaShoutmon's predisposition to become a blade in his Xrosses, but eventually his Royal Knight calling manifest, leading into an evolution to Jesmon. It also goes thematically from current RK leader to future RK leader.

More to come!

Last edited:

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Notus where did you get that Blue Geometric Egg image? ive never seen that before. was it in a previous game?

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YutoTerumi It's the back from the new card game's Digitama cards. I edited it to remove the logo and the top ring to give a focus on the egg itself.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hear me out:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Well yeah. That exactly. ...Or was that just a joke? Either way, this will be one of his "natural" evo lines.

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally put on images an idea I've been thinking on for a few days. Inspired by the "Egg Reversal Count" mechanics of some games, I made charts where the Digimon incorporate traits of their past incarnations each generation.

Starting with our franchise's very own Pikachu mascot, Agumon!

A bit basic on the first reversal, Agumon gets slighty stronger and goes into mechanization, which heavily influences his next line, where he goes very gun-happy. I also took advantage of Chromon's MetalKoromon dub name, and Darkdramon makes for a good WarGreymon parallel in this context.

Next, Sunflowmon's line reptilian traits are inherited in Nyokimon's latent dragon data, which weirdly mutates into Kabukimon and stabilizes into fairy type Lilamon. Which proceeds to paint the digitama PINK, giving birth to a pink power line. ...in other words, the fairy data becomes dominant and eventually the line matures into holy Digimon.

Here, Funbeemon's natural transition into cyborg Waspmon translates into early mechanization in the next line, who then passes it's Thunder elemental abilities on, with some cybernetic undertones.

This scheme also lent itself to the following varition, where a typically Jogress born digimon reincarnates into a single digitama. Also starting with the obvious candidate, Omegamon!

Omegamon is reborn as Shoutmon, who eventually manifests his past incarnation's power as the Omega InForce. On the next cycle, he's born as a Legend Arms, thanks to OmegaShoutmon's predisposition to become a blade in his Xrosses, but eventually his Royal Knight calling manifest, leading into an evolution to Jesmon. It also goes thematically from current RK leader to future RK leader.

More to come!
Egg reversal being incorporated into Digivolution is a cool concept, very creative.