Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xros Wars did introduce a Black BishopChessmon, but it was basically a one-time anime-only recolor that hasn't been used anywhere else.
BlackBishopChessmon was also listed as the pre-evolution of QueenChessmon in one of her card, although the former never appeared in one.
Yes, a BishopChessmon(Black) card never existed, despite being alluded to. KingChessmon's card also alluded to a RookChessmon(White), but such a card doesn't exist either and the Digimon hasn't shown up in any media, including Xros Wars. Seems like a huge oversight; either the creator of the cards assumed they existed without checking, or they originally planned to have both colors but scrapped that idea.

Either way, QueenChessmon and KingChessmon don't have that "Black" or "White" addendums in their names, so they're definitely only limited to a single version.

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Working on a couple more "Realms" - to...varying levels of success.

Muspelheim
The Muspellssynir to the fiery south are among Asgard's oldest enemies, and among the only kingdoms still actively declaring open war on the throne. Their absolute theocratic monarchy worships their founder, the fiery Surtur as their king and god. Surtur in turn tends to allow his offspring to rule in his stead while he slumbers beneath the volcanic surface.

Jotunheim
The Jotunn were among the first to contest Asgard's rule over the continent. Hailing from the frozen north, the Jotun are a hard and stubborn people. Due to an increasingly worse series of defeats, their population and development has suffered. Their system of government is, at best, a loose confederacy of tribes, and at worst a tight confederacy of tribes controlled by a particularly frigid local strongman. Their low life expectancy, low-income, and low education quality, leads to a generally low quality of life.

Svartalfheim
The mirror-image of Alfheim, Svartalfheim is a realm of perpetual dusk and gloom. Here, the Svartalfir are locked in a life-and-death struggle for survival among the bogs and swamps of their home. The life expectancy and income opportunity for Svartalfheim residents is low, owing largely to the martial nature of the society and poor administration. Government is best described as a “loose gerontocracy” managing a number of factions with generation-spanning strife, only recently controlled by an appointed dictator.

Nidavellir
Arid and alpine, Residents of Nidavellir enjoy high income due to a prosperous developed economy, moderate life expectancies, and high levels of education. A monarchy and key ally of Asgard, Nidavellir hosts refugees from all other allied realms, while offering trade and to negotiate on their behalf.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, logically there should be forms for every chessmon in each color so that you can actually have a game of chess? But most of them haven't been seen in anything.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mostly just ask because That One Friend has an idea for a fic that would need both colors of Chessmon. Though I doubt he'd mind if there wasn't since he likes to use Bastemon as a mega but the charts here are nice. Have some Nordic influences here. Great ideas.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Manticoremon is said to hunt Virus types' digicore only so Dracmon - Sangloupmon - Manticoremon - Death-Xmon the bloodthristy digimon that loves to prey on digicores

Junkmon - Kenkimon - Valvemon - Apocalymon - Junk trash data

Nobody come up with new evo ideas for Ginkakumon and Kinkakumon? With this Rebellimon?

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I decided to make a very American Digimon evolution line. Also in case you are wondering Devimon ,Neodevimon and Demon are a refference to the vampire bat of America in this evolution line as opposed to the Devil(even tho mormonism is indeed a abrahamic religion that orignating in America not Greece or the middle east). Also, the idea is that a cold egg gives you more winter/Wendigo like digimons as opposed to a warmed egg.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nobody come up with new evo ideas for Ginkakumon and Kinkakumon? With this Rebellimon?
A better question might be why did they do the gold and silver oni as Diginon instead of Ox King and Princess Iron Fan? Perhaps there were plans to make them evolutions for Gin and Kim but they were shelved?

So I decided to make a very American Digimon evolution line. Also in case you are wondering Devimon ,Neodevimon and Demon are a refference to the vampire bat of America in this evolution line as opposed to the Devil(even tho mormonism is indeed a abrahamic religion that orignating in America not Greece or the middle east). Also, the idea is that a cold egg gives you more winter/Wendigo like digimons as opposed to a warmed egg.
If I had to pick the 3 most American Child Digimon it would probably be Bearmon, Hawkmon, and Commandramon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Behind the digimon designing is full of mysteries. I agree about skipping the relation with that story involved with silver/gold oni. I always wondered why they skipped Odin and other gods.

How about Thunderbirmon for "Native American" digimon? Because they got a cryptid known as "Thunder Bird".

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Behind the digimon designing is full of mysteries. I agree about skipping the relation with that story involved with silver/gold oni. I always wondered why they skipped Odin and other gods.
Gin and Kin were designed as enemies of the Journey to the West Digimon: ChoHakkaimon, Sanzomon, Gokuwmon, and Sagomon. It’s weird though because the oni are adults, the heroes are all perfects and the most famous antagonists from the tale are missing.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How about Thunderbirmon for "Native American" digimon? Because they got a cryptid known as "Thunder Bird".
Thunderbirdmon is at least in theory based on the Thunder Bird, but it lacks most of the legend, and honestly making it an Armor while the main member of the phoenix monomyth is an Ultimate and another great example of the myth in the Byakko is also an Ultimate kinda feels a bit off.

Ah well. Maybe it'll evolve into Rainbowcrowmon some day.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we have too much fire birds. Needs... Ultimate level Ice bird, water bird, thunder bird, maybe cyborg bird unlike Crossmon, too not totally like Pokemon's legendary birds. I know Ravmon is sorta like thunder bird for summoning thunder to the sword but still prefer bird body style.

Hawkmon - Thunderbirmon - Garudamon - Ceresmon totally works

Falcomon Savers - Thunderbirmon - Yatagaramon any forms - Ravmon full thunder birds.

Pomumon - Kiwimon - Delumon - Ceresmon full nature/fruit birds

Falcomon Savers - Saberdramon - Veglrmon or Karatenmon - Ravmon full... darkness birds.

Gin and Kin were designed as enemies of the Journey to the West Digimon: ChoHakkaimon, Sanzomon, Gokuwmon, and Sagomon. It’s weird though because the oni are adults, the heroes are all perfects and the most famous antagonists from the tale are missing.
Yeah why limit down to two oni when Jintrix can have more new digimon to release before discontinued? When GinKakumon and KinKakumon first revealed but I was reading some comments about them being the enemies of Journey to the West team left me confused due to their levels are too low to fight heroes full of Perfect besides one Ultimate. I thought the next set of Jintrix will release more new digimon to fill their evo but yet nothing happened and the despair came. Journey to the West group is still incomplete. I hope they do this often to surprise us.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thunderbirmon - Garudamon - Ceresmon totally works
Yeah, though your reference moves from Pacific Northwest USA (well, a bit larger of a region than that but generally speaking) to India to Rome if you wanted to go that way.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The most American Digimon is Deputymon
In particular the Wild West.

One a side note the guy is probably the biggest sexist in all of Digimon or at least if we are going with Adventure canon.

darkliza

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like Bakumon has a natural looking progression into Baluchimon. Their attacks have a pretty similar theme. I was going to say after Baluchimon would be Mammon and Skullmammon but those two just don't feel right.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mammon feels ok, skull mammon less so. Ancient Megatheriumon is a bit better.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yes. Suddenly an idea.

Bakumon - Eyesmon - Digitamamon - Deviltamamon or Nidhoggmon.

Bakumon's attack became horror digimon then absorbed all energy to store up as the digiegg then hatch as Nidhoggmon.

darkliza

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yes. Suddenly an idea.

Bakumon - Eyesmon - Digitamamon - Deviltamamon or Nidhoggmon.

Bakumon's attack became horror digimon then absorbed all energy to store up as the digiegg then hatch as Nidhoggmon.
That's pretty genius! Either one could work well.