Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, it's pretty much exactly the same situation as Gogmamon. The prototype placeholder name is meant to guide the design process in a direction; to solidify the image in their heads. Once the design is about finished, then they decide whether to tweak the name or its settings/lore.

It wasn't a "loose inspiration" or an unconscious decision; it was specifically designed in that direction. The design itself is intentionally Ogremon-specific. It's just that they tweaked the name and lore to be more universal, though the finalized name and lore are still ultimately referring to Ogremon.

Last edited:

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YutoTerumi That's a great Beelzebumon-family chart, good job!

@Kamotz Another nice chart. I normally use Craniumon as DarkKnightmon's evo, which doesn't work in this case, but I never realized how fitting ChaosDukemon is thematically.

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YutoTerumi That's a great Beelzebumon-family chart, good job!

@Kamotz Another nice chart. I normally use Craniumon as DarkKnightmon's evo, which doesn't work in this case, but I never realized how fitting ChaosDukemon is thematically.
Yeah I've always liked the following as the evolution route for the Knightmon pairings:

But I also like the idea of Gallantmon and ChaosGallantmon deriving from the Knightmon twins, too.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There really should be a feminine Perfect level Warrior Digimon for both Rhodonitemon and Minervamon. Right now, we got nothing.

Honestly, I wish Minervamon had released as Perfect with Mervamon as Ultimate.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made another of these for the "Dark Area" instead of one of the standard Fields that exists in the light. Was hard to distinguish this from the Unhallowed Syndicate (Nightmare Soldiers), but...

yeah Dark Area is kinda weird and redundant as is, hence why the last time I mucked around with a concept involving the Fields having a prominent role I ended up merging it and the Unknown field together into what I called the Unknown Area(overall was picturing it as the Field where all the oddballs, mutants, and garbage Digimon that don't quite fit into either Nightmare Soldiers or Metal Empire would go), of course that wasn't the only big change I made, I also planned on ditching Virus Busters as a field(having a whole field that had built in leanings towards being a definite "Good Guys" faction just doesn't sit right with me at all for Digimon as a franchise outside of the Animes and Manga) and distributing it's members among other fields(mostly to Wind Guardians as they needed more to stand out compared to Nature Spirits or Jungle Troopers, though a fair few probably end up in Dragon's Roar as well)

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made another of these for the "Dark Area" instead of one of the standard Fields that exists in the light. Was hard to distinguish this from the Unhallowed Syndicate (Nightmare Soldiers), but...

yeah Dark Area is kinda weird and redundant as is, hence why the last time I mucked around with a concept involving the Fields having a prominent role I ended up merging it and the Unknown field together into what I called the Unknown Area(overall was picturing it as the Field where all the oddballs, mutants, and garbage Digimon that don't quite fit into either Nightmare Soldiers or Metal Empire would go), of course that wasn't the only big change I made, I also planned on ditching Virus Busters as a field(having a whole field that had built in leanings towards being a definite "Good Guys" faction just doesn't sit right with me at all for Digimon as a franchise outside of the Animes and Manga) and distributing it's members among other fields(mostly to Wind Guardians as they needed more to stand out compared to Nature Spirits or Jungle Troopers, though a fair few probably end up in Dragon's Roar as well)
yeah I took a bit of a different tact with the Nightmare Soldiers in my fan works - they’re a criminal syndicate of power hungry digimon rather than an apocalyptic army of monsters. They still serve a purpose to the overall function and balance of the world.

The Dark Area is filled with monsters and truly “evil”-aligned digimon.

My Virus Busters analogy is primarily a peacekeeping army and law enforcement group. And they have all the qualities and faults that implies.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wanted to do something inspired by the V-Pet so I started with the first 2 versions repurposing stuff a bit from other versions that I might do as well
If you are fine with departing MetalSeadramon for Darkdramon you can add a Chaosmon jogress. Or you can change BantyoLeomon to SaberLeomon because as is, it looks like Chaosmon is missing.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow dang im surprised at how well BKN > KingChess works.

Skull/Dark are a level lower than you've listed them

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah the mustache+crown makes it work really good
i know they are one lower, but since dead evo is like a seperate thing i think it works

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait. Isn't there a black and white version of all the Chessmon forms? Or is that just an obvious assumption?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait. Isn't there a black and white version of all the Chessmon forms? Or is that just an obvious assumption?
No. After KnightChessmon, Black diverges into RookChessmon>QueenChessmon and White diverges into BishopChessmon>KingChessmon.

Xros Wars did introduce a Black BishopChessmon, but it was basically a one-time anime-only recolor that hasn't been used anywhere else.