Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, seeing as MetalGreymon Alteros' new railgun arm can also apparently be used as a sword, that means it'd make a pretty good pre-evo for VictoryGreymon. I wonder if WereGarurumon's new form next week would also work well for ZeedGarurumon?
The preview shows WereGarurumon with his X counterpart's back fins, so there's a equipment on back connection. Of course, this will depend if that's all or if he gets more details from X. Either way, the idea of using then as Victory/Z'd specific pre-evos is very nice.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Vmon's random evo line really feel like it's true evo.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since the original and anime Kudamon don't have a big difference compared to the Falcomons, it'd be nice if they retcon him into something else.
Perhaps a Virus attribute. I call him ViceKudamon / Kudamon (Vice).

I really like this, though I was thinking that perhaps you could swap the two Kudamon and replace LordKnightmon with Mitamamon as a result?

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Parallel evos:

→ Gargoylemon→ Manticoremon→ Griffomon
Petitmon→ DemiVeemon→ Gaosmon→ Devidramon→ Chimeramon→ Millinniummon
→ Seahomon→ MarineChimeramon→ Regalecusmon

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Add up Mimicmon and Deltamon there? I can imagine Mimicmon evolving to Chimeramon. Deltamon goes to Manticoremon.

But why Seahomon?

MechaMadness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not exactly the most original thing out there, but here's my attempt at making a counterpart line for BeelStarmon. I've always preferred Wizarmon and Baalmon for Impmon's Adult and Perfect stages, as I just feel that they fit better then stuff like SkullMeramon imo, even if Baalmon was made for Beelzebumon (2010) specifically. Was going to use Witchmon as that parallel to Wizarmon going into it, so I kinda just built from there. Ghostmon is pretty obvious Child Form for the two, and it works well with the general aesthetic of Witchmon. Mokumon and PetiMeramon were chosen largely after seeing the Artwork of them from the Union Impact card, as they were drawn trying to be all spooky there, so I figured the mini-fireball worked well into the Will-O-Wisp theme Ghostmon has going on. Couldn't really find a better Female Demon counterpart to Baalmon for the Perfect Slot other then LadyDevimon, so she's here simply because it's a functional stage and works well as a stepping stone into BaalStarmon's darker colors from Witchmon. Finally, it was kinda bugging me for the longest time that BaalStarmon doesn't have a proper equivalent to Blast Mode, but Adventure Colon introducing mode changes that borrow design elements from their X-Antibody counterparts such as Alteros Mode came at a convenient time, so BeelStar X is pretty much there for a similar type of Mode Change as a Blast Mode counterpart since it's close enough to what I'm looking for.

Probably spent way too much time elaborating on an otherwise very obvious and straightforward line tbh, so I'm sorry for dragging this post out this long.

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since the original and anime Kudamon don't have a big difference compared to the Falcomons, it'd be nice if they retcon him into something else.
Perhaps a Virus attribute. I call him ViceKudamon / Kudamon (Vice).

I really like this, though I was thinking that perhaps you could swap the two Kudamon and replace LordKnightmon with Mitamamon as a result?
The gold on Kudamon matches Unimon's hair and Maildramon, while the blue on the other Kudamon matches Reppamon's blade and Kyukimon's hair.
LordKnightmon because he's pink, Virus-attribute, and keeps the blade theme throughout the line. But you can use Mitamamon if you want.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Couldn't really find a better Female Demon counterpart to Baalmon for the Perfect Slot other then LadyDevimon, so she's here simply because it's a functional stage and works well as a stepping stone into BaalStarmon's darker colors from Witchmon.
If you don't mind mixing in Appmon, you could use Warudamon.

Kimeras Line:

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beautymon not being available as Venusmon’s Perfect”because Appmon” is so frustrating.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i wanted to these for a while, this is the first of my Death Vices, a classic for the start

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heh. "GrandGolemon" and "MetalOgremon". How funny. Gogmamon lost "Golemon" in name and changed Virus to Vaccine. Rebellimon lost "Ogremon" but remained still at Virus type but compared to Ogremon/Titamon, he is standing out because he lacked skeleton bones to wear in tribal costume fashion however I view this Mad Max costume fashion + North Fist of Star thugs as "modern tribal punk madness".

I started to view Gogmamon and Rebellimon's evo line connected with Golemon and Ogremon just like that JewelBeemon who is standing out strongly due to his Vaccine type and... Shiny Rainbow bug compared to his evos in darker color also no "Sting" in name.

Hope the next memo reveal about Manticoremon for the reason why this type is Demon Beast rather than chimera whose Manticore in the entire internet is pretty famous for being a chimera species.

I'd imagine Deltamon evolving to Manticoremon is good random evo but no idea what to put for Ultimate level spot.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd imagine Deltamon evolving to Manticoremon is good random evo but no idea what to put for Ultimate level spot.
Granddracumon. The mouth hands from both become the heads on the "centaur" parts' shoulders.

Oracola

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wanted to do something inspired by the V-Pet so I started with the first 2 versions repurposing stuff a bit from other versions that I might do as well

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GranDracmon. Heh still searching for good options with mouth hands.

I have strange idea about Mimicmon. It may serve as the new pseudo Chimera digimon to evolve into any chimera digimon because it merges other parts of digimon into its body. And its true attribute is lost forever so who cares?

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The whole thing or just the bits about Rebellimon? They started out with Ogremon as a loose inspiration but think it came out very strongly as still as an Ogremon evolution because Ogremon is strong, aggressive, and would rebel even against death which is what Rebellimon rebelled against.

It’s kind of the opposite of Gogmagomon since they unconsciously swerved hard into Ogremon instead of a bit away from it to make it a more universal a Perfect for many a Digimon. Though the new Rebellimon ecology report notes its spare parts come from Tankmon and Machmon.