Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gargoylemon -> Manticoremon
Gokimon -> Entomon

(I’ll add perfects if they’re officially revealed as Lv6).

Duskmon + Velgrmon = Nidhoggmon

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the new Pendulum Z2 'mons, Entomon looks like a good option for a Wood Spirit Hybrid and Rebellimon will probably become a popular middle stage to Ogremon -> Titamon, if Perfect.
Also, Poomumon is a very good Child for Ornismon.
Junkmon's a nice Child level for most vehicle Digimon, specially the Locomon.

Poomumon is a nice alternative to Mushmon-Pinochimon's line for the Wood Hybrids.

Can't say anything for the Virus Busters because their levels perplex me. Baluchimon could be anything but perhaps an Ultimate - I could even see them pushing it as a Child, if an overdesigned one. Mimicmon could be an Adult or a smol Perfect. Manticoremon could be anything from Adult to Ultimate.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me.

Hagurumon - Machmon - Megadramon/Gigadramon - Mugendramon if Machmon's level is confirmed as Adult

Hagurumon - Tankmon - Rebellimon - Gundramon if Rebellimon's level is confirmed as Perfect

Since Tropiamon is confirmed as Virus plant and it's so toxic and acidic enough to melt iron even inhaling to get melted... How scary. Entomon's level is shockingly Perfect not Ultimate.

So my wild guesses are: Poomumon - Ornismon if warp evolved despite it's Data...

Alraumon - Sunflowmon - Tropiamon - AncientTrojamon

Mushmon - Woodmon - Entomon - Pinocchimon or AncientTrojamon

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Child: Pomumon - A pink fruit Digimon that has a high sugar content.

Adult: Parasaurmon - A fruit dinosaur Digimon that gives off a numbing sweet scent.

Perfect: Tropiamon - A fruit dragon Digimon that is host to a powerful and intoxicating poison that can melt metal.

Ultimate: Bacchusmon - A giant pink fruit God Digimon that distills the world's most powerful poison as fruit wine it stores within his body.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My shot at a plantasaurus line:

Nyokimon -> Tanemon -> Palmon -> Sunflowmon -> Tropiamon -> Ceresmon

Trying to keep the reptile/plant theme throught. Ceresmon is probably a weaker link than Bacchusmon, but my reasoning is the plant aspect becomes the fairy portion (Medium) and the reptile aspect becomes the bird portion. Also, Tropiamon's colorscheme really fits Ceresmon Medium, imo.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bacchusmon and Ceresmon are interesting choices.

Now I think about it carefully. Tropiamon is really perfect for Bacchusmon and connecting to Pommumon to Parasaurmon for evo line. They are pretty colorful and so flashy.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’d prefer new Digimon for them, but if I had to do the Olympians with pre-existing Digimon:

Elecmon/Aegiomon/The 5 Aegiochusmon/Jupitermon (canon)

Coronamon/Firamon/Flaremon/Apollomon (canon)

Lunamon/Lekismon/Crescemon/Dianamon (canon)

Beamon/Grizmon/Grappleomon/Marsmon (Canon)

Shortmon/Weddinmon/ReverseWeddinmon/Junomon (as the goddess of marriage and jealousy this is just too perfect and I want the cakes in the reference book ASAP)

Swimmon/Tobiumon/Sirenmon/Neptunemon (Swimmon was always heavily implied to be Nepty’s child form but the rest are in the air)

Floramon/Kiwimon/Delumon/Ceresmon (Delumon swapped in place of Sirenmon and Floramon instead of canon Alraumon)

Pommemon/Parasaumon/Tropiamon/Bacchusmon

Gazimon/Dobermon/Cerberumon/Plutomon (canon except for Gazimon)

Everything above works great, then we get into sketchy/bad

Mercurymon: Gaomon or Gabumon with Mercurymon slapped on the end: functional but boring.

Syakomon/Ranamon/Mermaimon/Venusmon: Syakomon pretty much has to be the Child but it’s difficult linking it to Venusmon

Vulcanusmon: You gotta choose between volcanoes with Vorbomon and Volcamon or machines with not much to link the two. Asuramon, a brute with many arms was the canon choice but it isn’t great.

Minervamon: There’s basically no Medusa Digimon, a few snakes, and like hardly any female warriors.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Mokumon -> Demi Meramon -> Bokumon -> Baluchimon -> Skull Baluchimon -> Dino Tigermon

I thought this line is really aesthetic with the consistency between the blue and brown color schemes and the Baluchimon / Skull Baluchimon name consistency. Baluchimon instantly made me think of Tapirmon the moment I saw it so I already knew I wanted to make an evolution line. Wikimon lists Skull Baluchimon becoming Dino Tigermon in 9 different medias and Mokumon, DemiMeramon, and Tapirmon all debuted together as a potential evolutionary family so I just rolled with them as the babies and Ultimate

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Mokumon -> Demi Meramon -> Bokumon -> Baluchimon -> Skull Baluchimon -> Dino Tigermon

I thought this line is really aesthetic with the consistency between the blue and brown color schemes and the Baluchimon / Skull Baluchimon name consistency. Baluchimon instantly made me think of Tapirmon the moment I saw it so I already knew I wanted to make an evolution line. Wikimon lists Skull Baluchimon becoming Dino Tigermon in 9 different medias and Mokumon, DemiMeramon, and Tapirmon all debuted together as a potential evolutionary family so I just rolled with them as the babies and Ultimate
The original Adult is TobuCatmon but as we all know every single housecat Digimon has be an Adult despite there being 5 of them so the original Child was Ryudamon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Floramon (If male) - RedVegiemon - Tropiamon - Bacchusmon

Poomumon - Citramon - Jyureimon - Bacchusmon

Because paint is toxic so... Toxic evo line with randomness

Kiimon/Zurumon - Yaamon - Vorvomon (Volcanic ashes) - Octmon (Oceanic Ink) - Tropiamon - Pukumon

Acid and Data Dissolving counts as well besides Poisonous? I'm thinking of this.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
all these new mon´ s look real good, love it.

here are my takes on it

kinda doubt that rebellimon gonna be perfect though, Parasaur is another herbivore which is nice but i can´ t really fit him anywhere, Tropiamon i can´ t find a home for either outside of his own line, mimicmon is also cool but he just gonna be another adult ghost mon who i can´ t see where it goes.

CrazyAristocracy

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Entmon seems to be a perfect, too.

If Mimicmon is indeed an adult, then it'd be a pretty nice evolution for Bacomon. It could be a small perfect à la Mamemon, though.

EDIT:
No time to do more, so just these two.

Last edited:

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
shame Entmon is a Perfect, we're still really lacking in Wood/Plant Ultimates that aren't partly puppet/machine in design(Puppetmon, AncientTroiamon, El Doradimon) or female(like pretty much every other Plant Ultimate not listed here), indeed XuanWumon, Algomon Ultimate, and Bacchusmon are essentially still the only ones of that leaning

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
already confirmed? seemed like it would be Pomumon>Parasaurmon>Tropiamon>Entmon cause of the typing

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
already confirmed? seemed like it would be Pomumon>Parasaurmon>Tropiamon>Entmon cause of the typing
He’s listed as ‘Perfect’ in both the Reference Book and the report for Wind Guardians, yes.
Also Raptordramon/Reptiledramon really is Champion/Adult. He’s the Vaccine stage inbetween Dorumon and Grademon.

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Basically replaces the Falcomon, but now it's a perfect mirror line.

And Pomumon evolving into dinosaurs is a fitting reference to Nyokimon's profile "has the potential to evolve to Dragon-species Digimon and the like.".
No Ultimate-level for now, hopefully one of the unrevealed Ultimates will be a plant dragon as well.

Tentomon's dark evolution line? I actually like Gokimon > Entmon more than Tropiamon > Entmon so I'm glad he's Perfect-level. Even their pose are very similar.
TyrantKabuterimon attacks using insects like Entmon, and are both dragon-like.

I really love this mirror line, I hope Manticoremon is a Perfect-level.
It looks like a 'holy' version of Composite Digimon, I'm seeing Mammon's head, Seraphimon's cloth, Piccolomon's Wings, and other random parts.
I could be wrong but I think Gargomon is the only other Digimon with blue claws.

Baluchimon's design screams Bakumon because of the random cloud on its back.
And now his evolution line can turn into Skull at Perfect or Ultimate-level. XD

I hate to admit that Rebellimon is a nice evolution for Ogremon, and it has a similar weapon type to Ogremon X as well.
Digitamamon can still be an alternate evolution, I guess.

Maybe? I dunno. It's a weird Digimon I have no idea. Same with the other two wheeled Digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finished reading Entomon's profile and it gave me idea.

Dracmon - Nohemon - Entomon - Pinocchimon

Is that enough "Puppet-like" evo line?

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
really like that dark tentomon line, fits real good also really like Manticoremon for Gargomon

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How funny. Entomon have darkness insects and TyrantKabuterimon have shiny light bugs.

Any Insect/Plant Child - Dokugumon - Entomon - TyrantKabuterimon

Maybe Mushmon fit in cuz he got tiny versions of itself?