Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think there were just way too many potential Ultimates. If you were to judge purely on power-level, then there are two main issues.
1. The inconsistencies in relation to Digimon that already have levels (e.g. Orochimon in the 2nd episode).
2. With how much the power-creep escalated in Xros Wars, everyone might as well have been Ultimate-level after a certain point.

All in all, it seems the new levels are more an indicator of progression, rather than a reflection of their power. Besides, there are plenty of Digimon that display power beyond the average norm of their level, such as Lucemon.
Agreed plus now Perfect has more options and to quote Emgo316: "As always, options are good".

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of agree that he's better as an Ultimate, and he's okay as an evolution of Makuramon, but I can't see how he's a "monkey". He's more like some sort of devious elf.

I just wish there was a truly fitting evolution. I think that part of the problem is that Zamielmon is already... kind of a lot. It just loses traits if it evolves further.

Honestly, Splashmon bothers me more because now I can't have SnowGoblimon->Hyogamon->Sagomon->Splashmon.
he's got a tail and a vaguely monkey looking face

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Since Tactimon's established to basically be a more advanced version of Troopmon in the manga and Gravimon's profile says he can partially destroy a star while Tactimon's says he can slice a star in two.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice one, Tactimon and Gravimon are pretty similar in personality as well in terms of ruthlessness.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, Kurisarimon to Gravimon actually works way too well.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Igneetmon - Dinohumon - DigiTamamon - Minervamon - Mervamon seems like something that one day might be canon and a huge potential TransMeme.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of agree that he's better as an Ultimate, and he's okay as an evolution of Makuramon, but I can't see how he's a "monkey". He's more like some sort of devious elf.

I just wish there was a truly fitting evolution. I think that part of the problem is that Zamielmon is already... kind of a lot. It just loses traits if it evolves further.

Honestly, Splashmon bothers me more because now I can't have SnowGoblimon->Hyogamon->Sagomon->Splashmon.
Along with his all around colorscheme(and his bow and arrow) he very much feels like a suped up version of Koemon, a monkey.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Along with his all around colorscheme(and his bow and arrow) he very much feels like a suped up version of Koemon, a monkey.
exactly and fits rather well as an evolution of Gokuwumon too since it wields it's arrow like a staff/spear

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know the levels are all wrong, but I still thought it would be cool to see:

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not really big on some of the Death Generals being Lvl.5 either, but I do kinda like having Zamielmon for Ogremon's line. Going from minute size to titan size:

I'm gonna use it with Koemon as the child level instead

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I would have cut this episode and kept the Orochimon battle (just maybe with Nidhogg in his stead) since that one had the teamwork and didn't feel the need to bust out Omnimon again. But, it is what it is. So going with the established lines, I reckon this rounds things out quite nicely:

Makes me wonder if the line is a deliberate play on "Snake Eyes".

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Hubmon needs re-designed to be a real digimon since he is like the avatar of Habu then so we could have a real snake Child level digimon. Also it's matched well because both Hubmon and Eyesmon store up data to grow stronger/collect info to modify.

Mokumon - PetitMeramon - Candmon - Tyranomon - MetalGreymon Virus - Nidhoggmon

It's for Godzilla inspiration! And smaller previous forms are basically Godzilla's breath!

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hubmon is fine as is if you compare him to things like Kamemon (a mouse turtle) or even more absurd stuff like Tyumon or Tyutyumon. They just need to accept the genius that is Hubmon.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the new Pendulum Z2 'mons, Entomon looks like a good option for a Wood Spirit Hybrid and Rebellimon will probably become a popular middle stage to Ogremon -> Titamon, if Perfect.
Also, Poomumon is a very good Child for Ornismon.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually think Shademon art style doesn't fit the rest of the line.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hubmon is fine as is if you compare him to things like Kamemon (a mouse turtle) or even more absurd stuff like Tyumon or Tyutyumon. They just need to accept the genius that is Hubmon.
Yeah Kamemon got mouse pad for turtle shell. I guess so.