Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Cyclomon, I like how BushiAgumon's hair look like Cyclomon's horn.
My headcanon is BushiAgumon was the "stalwart dragon warrior" in Cyclomon's profile, but Leomon crushed his right eye and he evolved into Cyclomon out of revenge.
Due to this Leomon's evil deed, he was cursed to die every season.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
can i get away with Shademon>Eyesmon? it really bothers me that both are classified as adults, why is Shademon labeled as such anyway?

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shademon is listed as adult in the reference book, same with Luminamon being listed as Perfect, so it unfortunately doesn't look like they're going to make Shademon a child level

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Digimon of the same level can evolve into each other, but I agree. I like that Scatter Mode is literally his entire body scattered around, but we already know some digimon (Diaboromon) have the ability to do that (he scattered Kuramon with his data to regroup and fuse). My biggest issue is that we clearly saw a single Shademon: Scatter Mode hatch from that egg. So, maybe Shademon: Scatter Mode scatters by taking the form of his Child form?

Elecmon->

Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon (Red)-> Megidramon (Four Great Dragons)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Blue-> Craniamon (Royal Knights)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Green-> Ebonwumon (Four Holy Beasts)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Holy-> Seraphimon (Three Great Angels)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Dark-> Demon (Seven Great Demon Lords)

Basically, Aegiomon is an agent of "balance." He evolves to fit whatever role the Digital World currently needs. I tried to fit groups that seemed required for the natural order of the Digital World. The assumption here is that Aegiochusmon could evolve into any member of the group, but these fit the best. If the world is balanced, Jupitermon appears to pronounce judgement.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Digimon of the same level can evolve into each other, but I agree. I like that Scatter Mode is literally his entire body scattered around, but we already know some digimon (Diaboromon) have the ability to do that (he scattered Kuramon with his data to regroup and fuse). My biggest issue is that we clearly saw a single Shademon: Scatter Mode hatch from that egg. So, maybe Shademon: Scatter Mode scatters by taking the form of his Child form?
I think the little one absorbed so much data it got bigger and then it was able to split itself into a bunch of little forms

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Elecmon->

Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon (Red)-> Megidramon (Four Great Dragons)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Blue-> Craniamon (Royal Knights)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Green-> Ebonwumon (Four Holy Beasts)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Holy-> Seraphimon (Three Great Angels)
Aegiomon->Aegiochusmon Dark-> Demon (Seven Great Demon Lords)

Basically, Aegiomon is an agent of "balance." He evolves to fit whatever role the Digital World currently needs. I tried to fit groups that seemed required for the natural order of the Digital World. The assumption here is that Aegiochusmon could evolve into any member of the group, but these fit the best. If the world is balanced, Jupitermon appears to pronounce judgement.
when I did Aegiomon lines several years ago I went with Calumon for the Child(if one were to treat him as a regular Digimon I feel he works better as a Child rather than his official standing as a Baby II), and off the top of my head went with these as the Ultimate stages for each of the Aegiochusmon variants;

Red-> KaiserGreymon
Blue-> MetalGarurumon X
Green-> Algomon Ultimate
Holy-> Jupitermon(both regular and Wrath Mode)
Dark-> NeoVamDemon

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Inspired by how DNA digivolution works in Digimon world 2 for the ps1, I have come up with an idea for reverse App gattai.

Let's use the eight megas for the original adventure cast.

MetalGarurumon + Magnadramon equals KendoGarurumon
Seraphimon + Phoenixmon = Hippogryphomon
Rosemon + Vikemon = Stefilmon
WarGreymon + HerculesKabuterimon = OmniShoutmon

KendoGarurumon and OmniShoutmon = Siesarmon
Stefilmon and Hippogryphomon = Unimon

Unimon and Siesarmon = Kudamon

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Trying to decide on a Jogress mon for Aquilamon and Seadramon. So far ive come up with 3 possible mons to go with. Coatlmon has the flying and the serpentine body to help reflect its components. Sirenmon is literally a fish bird hybrid. And Wingdramon has the air/sky aspect with the DRA part of Seadramon. What do you all think?

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Trying to decide on a Jogress mon for Aquilamon and Seadramon. So far ive come up with 3 possible mons to go with. Coatlmon has the flying and the serpentine body to help reflect its components. Sirenmon is literally a fish bird hybrid. And Wingdramon has the air/sky aspect with the DRA part of Seadramon. What do you all think?

Wingdramon is the most aesthetically fitting imo.

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wingdramon is the most aesthetically fitting imo.
It also keeps the speed aspect.

CrazyAristocracy

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not entirely sure about these, but since Zamielmon's level is now confirmed to be Perfect:

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the Digimon Reference Book just had a huge update where it gave a bunch of Xros Wars era Digimon official levels, and while a lot make sense, there's some that just don't really make sense at all(Gravimon and Zamielmon being Perfects are the most grievous ones that have so far been updated onto Wikimon), and a couple surprising ones that do make some sense(King Shoutmon as an Adult, ArrestorDramon as an Adult while ArrestorDramon Superior Mode is a Perfect)

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not entirely sure about these, but since Zamielmon's level is now confirmed to be Perfect:
I REALLY dislike Zamielmon being a Perfect, he worked great as a hypothetical Ultimate as it gave us a monkey Ultimate that wasn't an Etemon variant, while having him as a Perfect just feels awkward as hell, like I can't think of any Ultimate levels to evolve him into that really make any sense aesthetically

CrazyAristocracy

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of agree that he's better as an Ultimate, and he's okay as an evolution of Makuramon, but I can't see how he's a "monkey". He's more like some sort of devious elf.

I just wish there was a truly fitting evolution. I think that part of the problem is that Zamielmon is already... kind of a lot. It just loses traits if it evolves further.

Honestly, Splashmon bothers me more because now I can't have SnowGoblimon->Hyogamon->Sagomon->Splashmon.

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not really big on some of the Death Generals being Lvl.5 either, but I do kinda like having Zamielmon for Ogremon's line. Going from minute size to titan size:

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Zamielmon being a Perfect, I present my "Dark Elves" line.

Impmon->Petermon->Zamielmon->Bagramon

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so confused on the rational on these levels. Why would 3 of the death stars be different levels than the other four? They should all be Level 6 even regardless of them being a group.

Also, why create the digimon, Eyesmon without considering shademon. Is it just a coincidence that they are so similar? Is eyesmon just a reimagining or conceptual upgrade of Shademon to suit the anime?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think there were just way too many potential Ultimates. If you were to judge purely on power-level, then there are two main issues.
1. The inconsistencies in relation to Digimon that already have levels (e.g. Orochimon in the 2nd episode).
2. With how much the power-creep escalated in Xros Wars, everyone might as well have been Ultimate-level after a certain point.

All in all, it seems the new levels are more an indicator of progression, rather than a reflection of their power. Besides, there are plenty of Digimon that display power beyond the average norm of their level, such as Lucemon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two knee-jerk responses to the new Xros Wars levels and a revelation I had yesterday while looking at Hyper Colosseum cards.