Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Strontium I really like that first line. Ghostmon fits so neatly into the Pumpkinmon line.

DigiDestiny

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some random evolution lines came up with today. I especially like the line of Revolmon > RizeGreymon > MagnaKidmon. I was thinking of having Commandramon as the Child level to fit with the gun theme, but it seemed so unfitting for Revolmon. I ended up with ToyAgumon as sort of a link to RizeGreymon.

I've been playing Digimon World recently and I've really taken a liking to Penmon and Muchomon, so I wanted to come up with full lines. I like to think of them as twins, akin to Terriermon and Lopmon. I'm really happy with Zhuqiaomon as Muchomon's Ultimate, I think it's so fitting.

Strontium

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Strontium I really like that first line. Ghostmon fits so neatly into the Pumpkinmon line.
Thank you!

Some random evolution lines came up with today. I especially like the line of Revolmon > RizeGreymon > MagnaKidmon. I was thinking of having Commandramon as the Child level to fit with the gun theme, but it seemed so unfitting for Revolmon. I ended up with ToyAgumon as sort of a link to RizeGreymon.

I've been playing Digimon World recently and I've really taken a liking to Penmon and Muchomon, so I wanted to come up with full lines. I like to think of them as twins, akin to Terriermon and Lopmon. I'm really happy with Zhuqiaomon as Muchomon's Ultimate, I think it's so fitting.
I was previously trying to connect Thunderbirdmon to Ornismon... OG!Yatagaramon makes so much sense.

In an AMA, Tamsyn Muir (author of Gideon the Ninth and Harrow the Ninth) gave a shout-out to Digimon so I had to create Digimon lines for the two of 'em...
She specifically imagines Gideon as Harrow's Digimon, but I gave them both Digimon lines for fun XD

(maybe their Jogress is Dukemon?)

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A fire-theme line with names that begin with "A" :D

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I just saw that Wikimon lists Skull Satamon as an Ultimate(Mega) in Anode/Cathode Tamer... and it's also listed as an Ultimate on File Island. Is File Island mistaken, or is Skull Satamon also an Ultimate in the D Ark 2.0?

Do you think being an Ultimate works better than as a Perfect for Evolution lines? What Perfects do you see evolving well into it?

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I just saw that Wikimon lists Skull Satamon as an Ultimate(Mega) in Anode/Cathode Tamer... and it's also listed as an Ultimate on File Island. Is File Island mistaken, or is Skull Satamon also an Ultimate in the D Ark 2.0?

Do you think being an Ultimate works better than as a Perfect for Evolution lines? What Perfects do you see evolving well into it?
I can see Neo Devimon and Phelesmon, or maybe a jogress between the two.

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Once, an Agumon lost one of its armbands in a fight it lost badly. It turned to demonic powers to grow stronger, becoming an Adult Cyclomon and a demon in the process. It continued to rampage across the Digital World, facing off first against as many opponents as possible to find the one who destroyed it, and then later against a Tamer who chose to stand up against it, but it was eventually defeated. The Tamer took it in, honing its rage and anger and teaching it to choose its fights, and it grew stronger for it, retaining its demonic nature as it became a Perfect but becoming more than what it was. As the Tamer, his Digimon, and the new Minotaurmon grew the land in which they lived and fought off all invaders, it learned to trust, and care, for those it was protecting. And so, when all hope seemed lost, it grew to a yet unknown power - the ancient Digimon based on the heretic god, Baal Zebub, and in doing so became a demon of protection.

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Once, an Agumon lost one of its armbands in a fight it lost badly. It turned to demonic powers to grow stronger, becoming an Adult Cyclomon and a demon in the process. It continued to rampage across the Digital World, facing off first against as many opponents as possible to find the one who destroyed it, and then later against a Tamer who chose to stand up against it, but it was eventually defeated. The Tamer took it in, honing its rage and anger and teaching it to choose its fights, and it grew stronger for it, retaining its demonic nature as it became a Perfect but becoming more than what it was. As the Tamer, his Digimon, and the new Minotaurmon grew the land in which they lived and fought off all invaders, it learned to trust, and care, for those it was protecting. And so, when all hope seemed lost, it grew to a yet unknown power - the ancient Digimon based on the heretic god, Baal Zebub, and in doing so became a demon of protection.
AS a story, this works REALLY well; I'm impressed ^_^

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Maybe using JagerDorulumon will work better (on Grappleomon place)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree on that. It might work a lot better. I had a similar problem once.

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's part of the backstory of a larger story I've been concepting for a while - four Tamers get sent to the Digital World and get their partners, told that it's been prophesied that they, specifically, and their partners must beat some nebulous future threat. Fairly soon into their journey they're found and picked up by the only other human in the world - someone who'd been in the Digital World for years at that point, and had three very powerful partners. The older Tamer hears about the prophecy and decides to train them, with his official reason being "even if it's not true and I can do it, saying no to more help is dumb" but all the four Tamers coming to believe different reasons as to why he chose to do it as they grow closer as a team and learn more about him. The first half has a lot of the older Tamer's backstory revealed as the new characters grow - the second half, after he's determined that they're strong enough to traverse the world safely, has them scouring the world, learning more about it and leading into the events that they were summoned for.

I don't have most of the lines done yet, unfortunately, because I haven't nailed down personalities and I like to do Evolution paths that play into personalities. That said...

The Digital World was once a much darker place. There were no notable gatherings of Digimon past the level of scattered villages, but towering tyrants ruled over the lands, forcing both feral and thinking Digimon into their massive armies for war. What was once a Kokuwamon and soon became a Tankmon in battle was simply one of those many Digimon, notable only for being a decent survivor. That changed one day, however, as he was sent as a part of a massive force to assault the nascent, growing city that the Tamer was trying to create... as a distraction. His squad was wiped out by his "master", and he was left as the only one who had managed to limp away. After the battle, the Tamer came to him, impressed by his tenacity (to survive the attack of a powerful Perfect as a standard Adult is no easy feat!) offering him something more. Intrigued, the Tankmon accepted.

Now, Tankdramon serves as the Tamer's third Digimon. Officially speaking, he is under contract in a well paid position as the leader of a mercenary corps that he created, vets all joiners, trains, and prepares for the day when the bumper crop of Adults he's training finally break through into Perfect - but within the city itself it is not unnoticed that, every so often, when battle becomes fierce, the Tamer temporarily allows him to show the Imperial Tyrant he could have ruled as in another life.

zodistars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can’t even express how in love I am with that entire concept. The lines are great, I love how they play into their personalities and backstories, and the concept sounds so intriguing!! Can’t wait to see the rest of the lines!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing the cover art for the new series of cards, it looks almost like RagnaLordmon is a fusion of BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon instead of Bryweludramon and Durandamon. The colors match, at least.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing the cover art for the new series of cards, it looks almost like RagnaLordmon is a fusion of BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon instead of Bryweludramon and Durandamon. The colors match, at least.
I like how they are doing the jogress digimon in the new card game. Just giving two colors and any digimon in those colors work for evolving to it. Itll give some “guided evolution” lines that we havnt seen before while still being able to be unique and original.

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would Valvemon be a good Perfect for Solarmon/Guardromon (gold)/Raijinmon?
Also, I really like the Jogresses in the new TCG.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mentioned Kyukimon as LordKnightmon's previous form in the discord so I worked up a graphic of the royal knights I have any particular ideas for... I'm still a little unsure on some of the child forms and on using armors as perfects for Dynasmon and Sleipmon. I guess the alternatives would be using HippoGriffomon or maybe Megadramon for Dynasmon (whose rookie is uncertain anyway) and maybe going back to Tylinmon, Unimon, and Bakumon for Sleipmon?

(Sorry for Google Drive)

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mentioned Kyukimon as LordKnightmon's previous form in the discord so I worked up a graphic of the royal knights I have any particular ideas for... I'm still a little unsure on some of the child forms and on using armors as perfects for Dynasmon and Sleipmon. I guess the alternatives would be using HippoGriffomon or maybe Megadramon for Dynasmon (whose rookie is uncertain anyway) and maybe going back to Tylinmon, Unimon, and Bakumon for Sleipmon?
My personal favorite is Cyberdramon > Dynasmon, and definitely prefer Unimon > Tylinmon > Sleipmon

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Copymon evolving into various shapes of Trailmons, the logical explanation on why Trailmon have many forms.