Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Digimon Evolution Z

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually prefer when Digimon change completely when they evolve. I really like Palmon > Togemon, Numemon > Monzaemon, Tailmon > Angewomon for example. But I made the lines you're referring to based on nothing but visual similarity instead. I agree that Palmon and Lilimon looks more like Sunflowmon, and Lalamon looks more like Togemon.

How does Lilimon's choice of dance partner prove what sort of monster it used to take the shape of?
Yeah i know, but this is like Palmon & Tanemon in DA2020, Otamamon-Gekomon-ShogunGekomon in DA02, Piyomon & Pyocomon in DA1, Shakkoumon & SlashAngemon in DXW (proved by Pendulum Z).

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah i know, but this is like Palmon & Tanemon in DA2020, Otamamon-Gekomon-ShogunGekomon in DA02, Piyomon & Pyocomon in DA1, Shakkoumon & SlashAngemon in DXW (proved by Pendulum Z).
That's like saying that Veggiemon > Digitamamon is a "proved" line, since they work together in a restaurant in Digimon Adventure. Later there's an episode where Gotsumon and Pumpmon are pals, so I guess Gotsumon > ? > Pumpmon is another "proved" line. In 02, Bakumon and Digitamamon own a restaurant together. My point is that two or more kinds of monsters fraternizing is not a valid way of determining whether they are related or not.

How does Piyomon & Pyocomon in DA1 prove anything? The chosen children arrive in a Pyocomon village, and one of their eight partner monsters happen to have previously been a Pyocomon. In DA2, Mimi and Palmon hang out with a group of YukimiBotamon. Please note that Palmon and YukimiBotamon are not part of the same evolution line.
There are also episodes where the children arrive in Koromon and Punimon villages.

I don't know enough about DXW nor Pendulum Z to comment on that. I still don't know quite what you mean by "prove".

Digimon Evolution Z

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually prefer when Digimon change completely when they evolve. I really like Palmon > Togemon, Numemon > Monzaemon, Tailmon > Angewomon for example. But I made the lines you're referring to based on nothing but visual similarity instead.
Yeah I like that too, but I don't like type if pre-evolution is better then the evolution, exampe Garudamon too cool then Phoenixmon. Or Angemon to Shakkoumon *but I like it now since it evolve to SlashAngemon.

I don't know enough about DXW nor Pendulum Z to comment on that. I still don't know quite what you mean by "prove".
Okay, i understand what you mean. Well maybe it just more to my self thinking or like i think they like do a spoiler that it can evolve to x.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always think that Palmon > Sunflowmon > Lilymon more fit (It's proved by Xros Wars Lilymon dance with Sunflowmon)
Sunflowmon have dino-tail like Palmon/Floramon
Sunflowmon have wings like Lilymon

Togemon more like Lalamon (eyes & mouth)

Hawkmon > Aquilamon > Garudamon is my favorite but I like if it evolve to Valkyrimon.

I hope Sistermon Noir is Rookie too. Because I want pair like Tailmon-BlackTailmon, Angewomon-LadyDevimon, Ophanimon/Venusmon-Lilithmon/BeelStarmon, Rosemon-Lotusmon.
Noir is Champion level.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are there any good Perfect-levels that could connect Stingmon and BanchoStingmon that aren't already used in the Pendulum Z?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, while I guess I'd always have considered it a worthy evolution, before seeing that chart I had never realized how very closely Gazimon and Garurumon resemble each other. The eyes, colors, tail, and ear-like/feather-like protrusions all fit rather well.

Are there any good Perfect-levels that could connect Stingmon and BanchoStingmon that aren't already used in the Pendulum Z?
None that I personally like. Maybe DinoBeemon or MetallifeKuwagamon come closest.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
None that I personally like. Maybe DinoBeemon or MetallifeKuwagamon come closest.
Dinobeemon's already Stingmon's Jogress Perfect in Pendulum Z, but I hadn't thought of MetallifeKuwagamon.

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, while I guess I'd always have considered it a worthy evolution, before seeing that chart I had never realized how very closely Gazimon and Garurumon resemble each other. The eyes, colors, tail, and ear-like/feather-like protrusions all fit rather well.
Yeah, for people who don't like that Gabumon is more reptilian than canine, Gazimon is a perfectly fine substitute. :)

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Posting to check to see if it brings this back

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
feeling deja vu

I prefer Snimon > Jewelbeemon because they are the only other Vaccine-type Insect Digimon besides the Kabuterimons, and are both green.
Also would like to point out that Jewelbeemon might be a female Digimon due to its boob-like armor, silver long hair, and from its profile "prefers beautiful battles", hence why it doesn't fit in between the Stingmons. And also it is in Pendulum Z together with Hudiemon, a fellow female insect Digimon.

///

The Oni siblings, evolving into the Snakes of the Olympos XII.

Ginkakumon and above, all have relation to alcohol in their profile.

Kinkakumon has green hair like Coatlmon, and Coatlmon being female in Savers helps. Minervamon's helm looks like Coatlmon's head and wings.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's something. A giant oops I guess. But I like the Kin/Gin snake booze lines. They're pretty good.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so since the new thread got deleted when this one got restored, reposting some of my post from there;

so like I said in the other thread I'm thinking about making the next one of these, much like how the two above are very loosely inspired by Versions 1 & 2 of the Digital Monster V-Pets, this next one would be loosely based on Version 3 so two of the Child stages will be Patamon and Kunemon, however I'm not certain who should be the third Child on the chart, anyone got any good suggestions(keeping in mind that for these charts I'm intentionally limiting myself to Digimon I have sprites of*)?

*well or could be done with a quick bit of editing/recoloring of an existing one

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering the scare of earlier today, i bring you... CHAOS!!!

Swordsmon of justice turns into maniac stabby clown.
Robot dragon gets upgraded.
"Real"horse becomes toy horse.
Holy bird falls from grace and becomes a lich.

And that's why you don't mess with your digicores, Children.

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so since the new thread got deleted when this one got restored, reposting some of my post from there;

so like I said in the other thread I'm thinking about making the next one of these, much like how the two above are very loosely inspired by Versions 1 & 2 of the Digital Monster V-Pets, this next one would be loosely based on Version 3 so two of the Child stages will be Patamon and Kunemon, however I'm not certain who should be the third Child on the chart, anyone got any good suggestions(keeping in mind that for these charts I'm intentionally limiting myself to Digimon I have sprites of*)?

*well or could be done with a quick bit of editing/recoloring of an existing one
For the one to go with Patamon and Kunemon, what about Goblimon? Ogremon is from that v-pet so it wouldn't be too far separated

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and now it's ready, had to get a bit creative in a couple spots(especially for Flymon's line) and overall while I'm reasonably happy with it, I'll probably tinker with it in the future;

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Gorillamon to mummymon. That's quite fitting with the gun and colours.