Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

zodistars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

here's a pretty basic line that came to me in a dream a few weeks back (technically in the dream it was dorugamon instead of growlmon, but growlmon fit better)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does work. A lot of these work due to how similar some look. But good idea.

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since both Ultras have two colours for Digivolution Bases, I made a chart speculating on what the other combinations could be:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I expect that Omegamon and Millenniumon are only like that because they're traditionally fusions, so it makes sense that they can evolve from the colors of their components. If any future Lv.7 Digimon aren't fusions, it seems likely to me that they'll have a single color representing whatever Digimon they evolve from.

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I expect that Omegamon and Millenniumon are only like that because they're traditionally fusions, so it makes sense that they can evolve from the colors of their components. If any future Lv.7 Digimon aren't fusions, it seems likely to me that they'll have a single color representing whatever Digimon they evolve from.
True. Could be it's only going to be a few cards that have this feature. I mostly did this cuz I like the idea of all the colour combinations having their own specific "Boss Mon"

However, to speculate the point, while there's no way of saying one way or the other right now (as far as I know they're the only level 7s), it would make sense to me from a game design standpoint to have dual compatibility for most Ultras so they retain a higher viability in multicolored decks.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the ideas two posts up from mine. The top one might be the best.

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone else notice a similarity between wargrowlmon and malomyotismon? I've been trying to think of a semi original line for it but cant think of one so just wanna share the idea with you guys

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this thread literally has hundreds of posts, these lines are bound to have already been posted before. This made me hesitate to post them, but in the end I figured "why not?".

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@dansplosion They do both have kind of a stocky mecha jet-dragon thing going on.
@Snorki McBolderbast I'm not sure if I've actually seen someone post Roachmon > Grabagemon.
The cartoonish faces line up well.

iamverynew

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does anyone have any monkey digimon suggestions?

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does anyone have any monkey digimon suggestions?
My favorite monkey line is Koemon->Targetmon->Etemon->MetalEtemon, other monkey mons are KingEtemon, Hanumon and Gokuwmon, I can't think of any others off the top of my head

Last edited:

Snorki McBolderbast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also Sepikmon. He's Armor level, but can be used as Adult too.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Makuramon. I personally prefer KingEtemon over MetalEtemon.

EDIT: Gorimon should also count.

iamverynew

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
trying to make digimon partners for one piece characters. do you guys have any digimon that would fit Luffy's character