Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But im not sure which color pants/jeans it should have. I did purple first time cause matched claws, then wanted to see a lighter green and liked how that looked, but then also thought of a pink hue to draw back to Psychemon. What do you all think?
I liked the magenta more, the purple blends in too much and the green makes it similar to WereGarurumon(Black)'s camo.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But im not sure which color pants/jeans it should have. I did purple first time cause matched claws, then wanted to see a lighter green and liked how that looked, but then also thought of a pink hue to draw back to Psychemon. What do you all think?
I liked the magenta more, the purple blends in too much and the green makes it similar to WereGarurumon(Black)'s camo.
great point about the camo ones

zodistars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
quick question: do y'all consider neovamdemon a perfect or mega level?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He was also one of the Dark Generals, considered equal to the Mega level Apollomon.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah but Xros Wars' handling of power comparisons is laughable. Apollomon did state he is the strongest of the Death Generals within Bagramon's purgatory dimension where he kept souls, though

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The earlier Legendary Warriors chart gave me a bit of inspiration for a few ideas. There's a lot of interchangeability possible (such as the additional Garurumon → Mammothmon). Then the last one sent me on a bit of a tangent through fossil research and taxonomy (go figure).

Gomamon → Garurumon → Moosemon → AncientMegatheriumon
Gomamon → Mojyamon → Korikakumon → AncientMegatheriumon
Gomamon → Moosemon → Korikakumon / Panjyamon → AncientMegatheriumon
Gomamon / Gizamon → Ikkakumon → Mammothmon → AncientMegatheriumon
Gomamon → Moosemon → Mammothmon → AncientMegatheriummon (Pleistocene / "Ice Age" line)

Moosemon is noted as an Ancient Beast type Digimon, the same as AncientMegatheriummon. This is likewise shared with Mammothmon, the only other Ultimate (Perfect) level Digimon in that type. Presumably, Moosemon would then be based on something like Cervalces scotti (Scott's stag moose) or something else in that genus ranging from the Late Pliocene to Pleistocene. This coincidentally overlaps with the real Megatherium genus (giant ground sloths), which ranged from the Pliocene to Holocene. Likewise, Mammothmon is based on Mammuthus primigenius (wooly mammoth), which ranged from the Middle Pleistocene to Early Holocene. So a line with all of them would incidentally represent 3 taxa present during the Pleistocene glaciation. Gomamon's based on Phoca largha (spotted seal), which has fossils dating back to 0.126, fairly late in the Pleistocene. There are also allied species known from fossils, with the genus going back to at least the Pliocene. Technically, you could even find fossils of these species, in line order, along a stratigraphic column even though they don't represent an evolutionary lineage. That… actually wouldn't be a bad teaching point comparable to "correlation does not equate to causation".

PliocenePleistoceneHolocene
5.333–2.58 mya2.58–0.0117 mya0.0117–0 mya

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i really like the effort you put into that, tbh i always put Moosemon with Megathuri though i hesitated with Mammon since his face is so different though it does look really nice if you put it like that.

not as much effort but here is an evolution based line, single cell>worm>fish>amphibian>dino>bird
Image Thumbnail

on another note, since we got a nice pic of Mitamamon now, well it could be asily be placed with the Kudamon or Renamon line though personally
i wanted to go with a full Mitama line, starting with Messemon who looks alot like classice representation of some of the spirits, then there is Shakkoumon who has all his attacks named after the Mitamas, though adult choice was hard, nothing really that linked well with those, in the end i went with Soulmon since Mitamas are like human souls.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been doing more recolors the past few days. Some just simple recolors, others more thought and purpose behind them. So lets go in order shall we
Aegiochusmon Blue recolored with a red-pink hue. Paildramon recolor, Cyberdramon with a cross wing coloring, Orange Megidramon to go with the Orange Megalo Growlmon, 2 Seahomon recolors, Blue and Bronze Vritramon recolor, and a Megadramon recolor.
Virus Hawkmon and Virus Aquilamon (second one has a red feather plume couldnt decide which i liked more), Bronze and Silver Ankylomon. A desert dwelling recoloring of Aegiochusmon Green and then a "Under the Sea" dwelling recoloring for it as well.
3 Kudamons with more vibrant and new colored markings. And the ones i am most proud of...........(insert drum roll)........... 5 Biome Themed Dinotigermons!!! We have Desert, Tundra, Forest, Savannah, and what i have dubbed "Abyss". The Abyss one is for like dark and evil places; such as evil castles, bone yards, swamps those sort of places. Ive always viewed the regular Dinotigermon as a mountain living digimon.
These are all just recolors really, besides the Hawkmon and Aquilamon ones i wouldnt consider any of these to have had their types changed. But at the same time you can decide what you want to consider a Virus, Data, or Vaccine type digimon on your own. Let me know ur thoughts

Last edited:

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure if all that belongs in this thread or in an art thread.
oh good point. Ill make a copy post in the general fan made thread and make sure to stick to that one for these kinds of posts in the future. My bad

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does the final stage for this line make sense? i couldnt really think of another one that looked more natural

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a new line, inspired by someone's personal partner line on another site;

Impmon X-> Thunderbirdmon-> Garudamon X-> Beelzebumon X-> Ornismon

and the pic that inspired this;

Image Thumbnail

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Penmon > Seahomon works surprisingly well!
Thanks! I don't make this stuff up, it just sorta comes to me, right? :p
I also like Seahomon into Calmaramon, cuz she's a Sea-ho

With that out of the way...

Another one I'm especially proud of:

Keeping in mind that Ignitemon is defined as a Reptile Digimon, I decided to give him a dragonic route, but also wanted to keep the steel attribute in place; noticing that he was in a similar pose to Sealsdramon, I decided to put them together, with the blades on Sealsdramon's back being in reference to the blades on Ignitemon's chakrams.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
finally had a great idea on what to put in for the perfect level of a dynasmon line ive been thinking of for quite a while. Definitely need to fix some of the areas on it but say hello to White Cyberdramon

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
finally had a great idea on what to put in for the perfect level of a dynasmon line ive been thinking of for quite a while. Definitely need to fix some of the areas on it but say hello to White Cyberdramon

Thank you for reminding me I've made these lines for my younger brother a while ago and never posted anywhere else:

Gargomon is such a cool and underrated mon