Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why give Chaosmon's uniqueness of Arm changes to Omegamon?
Given that there are only two versions of it, not all that much has been done to represent that "uniqueness". If someone at Toei wanted to do it (I'm not so sure they would want to), there's no reason to limit their ideas based on Chaosmon existing (Chaosmon itself has never been relevant to any anime product so far).

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given that there are only two versions of it, not all that much has been done to represent that "uniqueness". If someone at Toei wanted to do it (I'm not so sure they would want to), there's no reason to limit their ideas based on Chaosmon existing (Chaosmon itself has never been relevant to any anime product so far).
Sparrow Hawk is referring to the fact that, upon debut in the Digimon Accelerator, Chaosmon could be formed from any two of BanchoLeomon, Darkdramon, Varodurumon and Kentaurosmon. Chaosmon (BanchoLeomon/Darkdramon), Chaosmon (BanchoLeomon/Varodurumon), Chaosmon (Darkdramon/Varodurumon), Chaosmon (BanchoLeomon/Kentaurosmon), Chaosmon (Darkdramon/Kentaurosmon) and Chaosmon (Varodurumon/Kentaurosmon) are all real, valid Digimon - we've just never seen most of them.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have never had a confirmation that Chaosmon can change in between arms, just that is has 3 different ones. And why not give arm changes to Omegamon?

Vikemon would definitely give a mace or axe. If an axe than HerculesKabuterimon could give an axe(or a spear). Hououmon could technically be a gun, but It's see it more as a magical sort of weapon, launching holy fire. Rosemon should be a rapier or whip. Seraphimon I could see sort of just being a knuckle as a callback to Angemon's Heaven's Knuckle.
Thats exactly what i thought for Rosemon

ya know what i would like to see in the 2020 Adventure series, Omnimon being able to interchange arms between the different digimon ultimates. Like its arms glow and then turn back into WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon and then (for example) Huoumon and Vikemon then glow and turn into Omnimon's arms.
Yeah, that would awesome, but what weapon would each head have?

Wargreymon: Sword
Metalgarurumon: Cannon
Huoumon/Phoenixmon: Nothing coming to the top of my head, but if its another projectile weapon, then with this list, there would be 3 melee and 3 ranged weapons.
Herculeskabuterimon: Spear? Or Lance? (Maybe the shape of its horn(s))
Vikemon: Axe? Or Mace/Morning Star?
Rosemon: Bow? Or Crossbow?
Huoumon i was think its mouth would open up and a stack of feathers would move out; then the feathers would unfold like a fan. Then every time it waved the fan it would shoot off stronger starlight explosions. HerculesKabuterimon i was thinking would just remain its head and could discharge lightning. Vikemon i was also thinking an axe or mace; or even just its head and it shoots out ice attacks? As for Holydramon and Seraphimon im stumped.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sparrow Hawk is referring to the fact that, upon debut in the Digimon Accelerator, Chaosmon could be formed from any two of BanchoLeomon, Darkdramon, Varodurumon and Kentaurosmon. Chaosmon (BanchoLeomon/Darkdramon), Chaosmon (BanchoLeomon/Varodurumon), Chaosmon (Darkdramon/Varodurumon), Chaosmon (BanchoLeomon/Kentaurosmon), Chaosmon (Darkdramon/Kentaurosmon) and Chaosmon (Varodurumon/Kentaurosmon) are all real, valid Digimon - we've just never seen most of them.
Well that's the point I was making, that they don't exist so it's not actually represented by Chaosmon. You'd have a point if we had 6 or so different Chaosmon forms, but we don't.

Toei and Bandai (well, Plex specifically I guess) may work together closely, but they're still separate entities. Doesn't make sense to limit the anime based on a decade old Digimon that doesn't actually do the thing it's supposedly meant to, and hasn't appeared anywhere else for it to even be relevant to Toei the company or anime viewers.

Should they introduce a new arm-switching mechanic for Omegamon? I don't know, I'm not even sure I would be a fan of it if it happened. I'm just saying Chaosmon isn't "unique" for having it since it's ultimately just the same Digimon but with one arm swapped for something else. It's mildly more original than something like Alter-S and that's about it. This is not to disparage Chaosmon fans or anything like that, it's actually something that brings me down since I've always wanted more stuff to be done with Chaosmon. Still, that shouldn't limit the anime, that's all I'm saying lol.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's the point I was making, that they don't exist so it's not actually represented by Chaosmon. You'd have a point if we had 6 or so different Chaosmon forms, but we don't.

Toei and Bandai (well, Plex specifically I guess) may work together closely, but they're still separate entities. Doesn't make sense to limit the anime based on a decade old Digimon that doesn't actually do the thing it's supposedly meant to, and hasn't appeared anywhere else for it to even be relevant to Toei the company or anime viewers.

Should they introduce a new arm-switching mechanic for Omegamon? I don't know, I'm not even sure I would be a fan of it if it happened. I'm just saying Chaosmon isn't "unique" for having it since it's ultimately just the same Digimon but with one arm swapped for something else. It's mildly more original than something like Alter-S and that's about it. This is not to disparage Chaosmon fans or anything like that, it's actually something that brings me down since I've always wanted more stuff to be done with Chaosmon. Still, that shouldn't limit the anime, that's all I'm saying lol.
They do exist, though. They are legitimate Digimon you can raise in an official Digimon product put out by Bandai Japan.
Lack of Bandai artwork and a reference book profile does not disqualify you from being an official Digimon - otherwise there are tonnes of Digimon in the anime or the games that don’t really exist, like DarkVolumon, Shoutmon X4K (who was also in a v-pet), Tinmon, Chronomon, or Destromon.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They do exist, though. They are legitimate Digimon you can raise in an official Digimon product put out by Bandai Japan.
Lack of Bandai artwork and a reference book profile does not disqualify you from being an official Digimon - otherwise there are tonnes of Digimon in the anime that don’t really exist.
yeah but they all use the exact same sprite and are just named "Chaosmon". you can form Omnimon from dudes other than WGmon and MGmon

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Lack of Bandai artwork and a reference book profile does not disqualify you from being an official Digimon - otherwise there are tonnes of Digimon in the anime that don’t really exist.
yeah but they all use the exact same sprite and are just named "Chaosmon". you can form Omnimon from dudes other than WGmon and MGmon
And it’s well-established that any Digimon you can use to make Omnimon in the card games or video games still makes one with the Transcendent Sword and Supreme Cannon.
It is established that the opposite is true for Chaosmon.

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arm-swapping Omegamon is an interesting idea. My two cents:

Hououmon: a gatling gun, shooting starlight as rapid fire and holy flames as a concentrated attack. But I really like @YutoTerumi 's idea too.
HerculesKabuterimon: it wouldn't have an extendable weapon, instead, the horns would rearrange to form an electric cannon.
Rosemon: a rapierwhip. This one's weapons transition well.
Vikemon: a battlehammer, in reference to his morningstar's name.
Seraphimon: an energy sword, named Omega Excalibur.
Ophanimon: a longbow, fashioned after Eden's Javelin.

I used Ophanimon instead of Holydramon, as there's indication of it being Tailmon's ultimate in the new continuity.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if it's fan-made Arm changes for Omegamon or this random evo to photobucket off the arms of Omegamon in Chaosmon style.

WarGreymon's Dragon Killer transformed into the blade sword
MetalGarurumon's missile pods transformed into the huge cannon

In that case, the arm changes in Omegamon for other 6 digimon partners:

Hououmon is probably same as Valdur Arm but it shoots huge flame balls and explode way bigger
HerakleKabuterimon, similar to Darkdra Arm, but it shoots multiple electric balls in Leviamon X's charging up style
Vikemon's mace hammers transform into the "disco" ball emitting ice gas once touched, it explodes into many spiky ice pillars pop out of nowhere in the whole area
Rosemon obviously transform into the metal rapier with blades that extends like Ivy's weapon of Soul Calibur but extremely longer at length to... Whip.
Seraphimon head but with ten wings in Seraphim style that emits holy energy blade shaped. (Offensive Holy element)
Ofanimon head maybe stylized in lady statue on the front of the shop...? Like Loweemon's shield with Eosmon's barriers combined (Defensive Holy element)

I had an idea for new random evo line.

Kudamon (any forms) - Airdramon - Majiramon - Mitamamon for mystic dragon appearances but still it's weird..

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Talking about Mitamamon, it just ocurred to me it works as an evo for Kyukimon. Maybe a jogress of Kyukimon and Majiramon, @Sparrow Hawk ? It would help "softening" Majiramon's dragon appearance with Kyukimon's beast traits.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
made some alternate lines for the Warrior Ten that still use the Ancient Evolution method just not with the usual Perfect level digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Talking about Mitamamon, it just ocurred to me it works as an evo for Kyukimon. Maybe a jogress of Kyukimon and Majiramon, @Sparrow Hawk ? It would help "softening" Majiramon's dragon appearance with Kyukimon's beast traits.
Nice. Kyukimon and Majiramon for a jogress is great idea. Kyukimon's weapon in its mouth transforms into the wheels and some part of the Goddramon-like mask same thing for Majiramon's moose antlers to whiskers. Plus Kyukimon's name origin is like a weasel warps in the whirlwind with blade or something like that ends up being the spiritual body. Oh yeah their hair/fur too.

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made two Pendulum Z-styled v-pet charts, both of them use the south of WWW Continent as their scenario because I'm loving the Folder Continent reports and then I picked another region to explore.

First one kind of an update of a chart I've posted here a couple years ago using mostly Demon Man type Digimon.

Nightmare Soldiers
Hailing from the Demon Valley, warlords and their legions of demon men now fight over the control of the southern WWW Continent mountains. Adapting to the lively fire energy of their new home, evolution seems to be getting hotter than the hellish lands from where they came from.

The second chart uses ideas I got here from some pages ago regarding Baboongamon and Gokuwmon.

Nature Spirits
The Boot Volcano in WWW Continent is boiling as it erupts even more frequently. From its magma, the combat data extracted from numerous databases condenses into eggs. When they hatch, the newborn immediatly start to fight and quickly evolve. It seems like the volcano itself is using this war to decide who will be King of the Mountain.

I'm planning to do a Deep Savers one also based on the south of WWW Continent. Any suggestions?

EDIT: NSp chart fixed

Last edited:

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YutoTerumi Those are pretty cool. I like Moosemon > AncientMegatheriummon.

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe you already know, but Volcdramon is Perfect, not Ultimate.
D*MN, I FORGOT THIS. Thank you for reminding me. Gotta fix that later.

EDIT: fixed. Thanks!

Last edited:

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So to help pass the time i did some random recolors of some digimon. Although yes i know a red shurimon was in Xros Wars; it started out being in anime recolors then turned into recoloring whatever i felt like. We also have a Bronze and Silver Beowulfmon, a Mirage Goagamon Ruin Mode, & finally a few recolors i need some feedback on. The last three are recolors of WereGarurumon into WereGururumon. We already have Psychemon and Gururumon, so its about time we have an official WereGururumon. So basically just used colors off Gururumon. But im not sure which color pants/jeans it should have. I did purple first time cause matched claws, then wanted to see a lighter green and liked how that looked, but then also thought of a pink hue to draw back to Psychemon. What do you all think?

Last edited:

Peppermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I finally got a child digimon to my Death Shinka line:

The next ones are 2 options or ultimate and super ultimate:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalPhantomon is Perfect level though so Reapermon would be better.