Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never considered Ceresmon as a Floramon evo in Survive! I LOVE that!
Floramon -> Kiwimon -> Sirenmon -> Ceresmon has been the main evolution line people have been predicting for her
i believe thats because of the crusader/heroes game app that had that as Ceresmon's evo line if i am remembering correctly

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so ReArise added an interesting new line to the game;

Elecmon Virus-> Tuskmon-> Triceramon-> Qinglongmon

which gives us a double dose of obscure Digimon, this is literally Elecmon Virus's third appearance in anything ever, and the first real appearance by Tuskmon in anything since like 2001, though except for the last step this line has in fact been an official one for a long time now, with the last step clearly being a nod to Tri

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's very strange evo but Qinglongmon finally appeared. Huh

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here are a few suggestions on the missing spaces:

• Labramon -> Seasarmon -> Caturamon -> Baihumon (also fitting as the Deva becomes the Harmonious One it follows)
• Falcomon -> Kiwimon -> Deramon -> Ceresmon (not the medium but the the giant plant-bird, because plant-bird)
• Kunemon -> Flymon -> Waspmon / MetallifeKuwagamon -> TigerVespamon (one follows the bee/wasp motif, the other yellow insects. TigerVespamon is also quite a cool design)
• Kunemon -> Snimon -> (Skull)Scorpiomon -> TyrantKabuterimon (keeps the beastial theme going, though Reapermon could also be used)
• Floramon -> Woodmon -> Lillymon -> Rosemon (not terribly creative, but I have additional thoughts below)
• Syakomon -> Shellmon ->D(r)agomon -> Vulcanusmon (scraping the bottom of the barrel with non-Numemon mollusks, save MarineDevimon)
• Syakomon -> Coelamon -> Divermon -> Pukumon. (Coelamon through Pukumon all have the same fin-feather things)

Here are some further thoughts on the Floramon set, as stand-alone lines:

• Floramon -> Sunflowmon -> Lillymon -> Rosemon (to at least mix it up a little while following the typical lines)
• Floramon -> Woodmon -> Jagamon/Petaldramon -> Ceresmon Medium (Woodmon is way under-used and seems to connect better to Ceresmon Medium by the more woody traits. Petaldramon fits fairly well when considering the avian form of Ceresmon)

Ponchomon is also a good Champion substitute for anything due to similarities with Togemon, or could even be pushed to an Ultimate (Perfect) for Woodmon. The Vegiemon are also options, as is Pumpkinmon, though neither really feels like a great option to become a fairy (not that Togemon ever really fit that bill either, though). Nohemon could also work with Ceresmon M (also, plant & bird).

An earlier discussion of scarab beetles and Egypt gives me this partial idea (noting that M.Kuwagamon's head looks a bit like a pharaoh's headdress):

• Searchmon -> MetallifeKuwagamon -> Pharaohmon

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

which gives us a double dose of obscure Digimon, this is literally Elecmon Virus's third appearance in anything ever, and the first real appearance by Tuskmon in anything since like 2001, though except for the last step this line has in fact been an official one for a long time now, with the last step clearly being a nod to Tri
I did see the Tuskmon to Qinglongmon part, but i didnt know about the Elecmon Virus part. I like it, its like "yeah im a purple Elecmon and now imma big bad dino!! Oh whats that? Your not impressed? Well now im a humongous god dragon, AND MY LIGHTNING IS BACK!!!"

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Is there a resource somewhere that lists all the evolution lines in ReArise?

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but just so u know this Elecmon Virus one was a story cut scene thing, not and actual digimon you can obtain (at least not yet, i mean its possible they could add it one day). So the wiki above wont actually have that on there. And putting it in a webpage translator can help you navigate that site a little better

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, uh...

(Forgive the quality. I can't resize things in a way that looks good.)

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. That checks out pretty hard.
Your quality is forgiven.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now we just need to give Arachnemon a nice evo. Maybe a spider lady. ...On two legs. Though he does have Pharohmon but this could work.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never considered Ceresmon as a Floramon evo in Survive! I LOVE that!
Floramon -> Kiwimon -> Sirenmon -> Ceresmon has been the main evolution line people have been predicting for her
i believe thats because of the crusader/heroes game app that had that as Ceresmon's evo line if i am remembering correctly
Close. Her line in Crusader was Aruraumon - Kiwimon - Sirenmon - Ceresmon. Floramon is a fine replacement, but I don’t think she’s ever been used officially.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Is it weird how well that works for Arachnemon? Even if it's flower instead of spider but still. How well does that work?

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but just so u know this Elecmon Virus one was a story cut scene thing, not and actual digimon you can obtain (at least not yet, i mean its possible they could add it one day). So the wiki above wont actually have that on there. And putting it in a webpage translator can help you navigate that site a little better
Are there any other evolutions seen only in cutscenes?

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Is it weird how well that works for Arachnemon? Even if it's flower instead of spider but still. How well does that work?
Lycoris radiata, known as the red spider lily, hell flower, red magic lily, or equinox flower, is a plant in the amaryllis family
A red spider lily evolving into a rafflesia is a neat concept. And you think about Archnemon being a spider lily, she works well as a Lilimon virus counterpart.