Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In regards to Kunemon if they wanted the Kuwagamon line I think they'd just use Kokuwa(ga)mon. They even did in the 2020 card game
Nah, that's like saying "if they wanted Kabuterimon line they'd just use KoKabuterimon", yet they always use Tentomon for Kabuterimon.
Kokuwamon should have BladeKuwagamon as its go-to evolution. It's a forgotten digimon and fits his metallic-insect theme.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In regards to Kunemon if they wanted the Kuwagamon line I think they'd just use Kokuwa(ga)mon. They even did in the 2020 card game
Nah, that's like saying "if they wanted Kabuterimon line they'd just use KoKabuterimon", yet they always use Tentomon for Kabuterimon.
Kokuwamon should have BladeKuwagamon as its go-to evolution. It's a forgotten digimon and fits his metallic-insect theme.
Not really? Tentomon is kabuterimons rookie cus of the anime and other stuff and it's what people expect. Kokabuterimon is from the bladekuwagamon line (altho tyrant is now treated as a Burst for tentomon instead). If I saw kokabu I'd expect the beetlemon line personally.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't Kunemon and Shakomon become Flymon and Shellmon respectively? I know this wasn't outright said but the latter seemed to be heavily implied by Shellmon's prominence in the screenshots shown when Shakomon was revealed.
Flymon hasn't been shown in any pics. Shellmon is implied, but the rest were shown in actual video footage becoming them. Shellmon is a "safe 99% chance", but you never know since garurumon and palmon have also been shown in the party before. is it shellmon? probably, but playing it safe and what not.

so yeah "outright said" is usually the way to go for "official confirmation" or whatever. Agumon, Labramon, Falcomon, and Lopmon were shown evolving on screen in recent trailers.

and Mantaraymon is Armor, so I don't see that happening.

I think they'll either use Flymon and two new forms, or just have Kunemon use DoKunemons Dokugumon, Arukenimon, Parasimon line.

I'm hoping Floramon will use Kiwimon -> Sirenmon -> Ceresmon, and I'd like Dracmon to use something else than his generic due to Matadormon and GranDacmon being one of the main antagonists in the most recent game already (HM)
It could still be mantaraymon or another aquatic armor digimon. Armor digimon dont always need a digimental with their rookie form in order to evolve. And honestly my main wish for shakomon is that its mega is Pukumon. If it get to Pukumon by being a shellmon in its champion level thats fine with me

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you guys think about spinomon as armadimon's mega evolution?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a perfectly fine pick. Fits with a dinosaur theme. Colours kinda match up.

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it would be cool for Armadillomon to use a full dinosaur line too. But for me, I like Armadillomon—Ankylomon—Brachimon or Triceramon—UltimateBrachimon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've thought of using more Dinos for him. Either that or something like a lesser angel. Like that one with the key that I can't remember now.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The above lines for Armadillomon remind me of what I did for Digimon: Time Collapse (which reminds me, I should probably pick that back up again sometime…).

Like that one with the key that I can't remember now.
ClavisAngemon.

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love clavisangemon's design as much as I hate that he has no exposed hair lol but he's so cool and his keyblade like weapon is to die for. I've seen him as shakkoumon's mega and I think it kind of fits, he has this ceramic looking armor like shakkoumon (as a kid I thought he was a teapot Digimon)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you very much. And yeah. Teapot makes sense with a lot of us not being Japanese as kids. heh heh

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone posted about the yellow bear in Chackmon's headpiece a few pages ago and then I noticed another white digimon (albeit a recolor) with a yellow mammal face in its design:

And then I made this:

Duskmon beind a Child level in Digital Monster X Ver.2 sets the precedent for me to use Chackmon as a Child, I guess. And Monzaemon in a blue card in the new card game makes this line even better for me.

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This one has become one of my new favorite evolutions. The scarab is heavily represented in Egyptian mythology and culture. Only...there isn't a scarab Digimon. So, I chose the next best thing, and went with Roachmon, with both roaches and scarabs being related to the beetle family, while also continuing the Egyptian culture that Mummymon, as well as its evolution Pharaohmon, represents. Furthermore, Roachmon carries with it the element of Darkness (as seen in Masters) that Mummymon does as well (as seen in Worlds Dawn/Dusk).

Also, a few minor details include: the same toothy grin, the skull pattern on Roachmon's wings pertaining to Mummymon's deathly presence, the presence of belts on their arms and legs, and to a MUCH lesser extent to the point of barely even being a connection, the fingers on Roachmon's left hand spread out similarly to Mummymon's.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some errors in your reasoning. Cockroaches are not related to beetles, aside from being insects. In fact, cockroaches are more related to mantises (i.e. Snimon) than beetles. Roaches are even more closely-related with termites, but there aren't any termite Digimon.

Scarabs are not "related to beetles"; they are beetles. The Scarabaeidae (scarab beetle) family includes dung beetles (i.e. Sacred scarab), rhinoceros beetles, Hercules beetles, etc..
Bolgmon/MetalKabuterimon is even called a scarab in his DRB profile.

That said, from an aesthetic standpoint, I do like Roachmon to Mummymon.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh I could never understand the insect bodies very well. Like mimic ones or "hybrid" looking ones.

Roaches looked so completely different from being related with termites and mantises. Interesting facts.

But I think there was some old evo post somewhere. JewelBeemon > Mummymon. I could be wrong.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
JewelBeemon > Mummymon.
But aren't Jewelbeemon and Mummymon both Ultimate/Perfect level Digimon?
Yeah but I do remember JewelBeemon was involved in Mummymon's random evo line, but I don't remember which page was it at.

Maybe I could be wrong for misremembering JewelBeemon was placed near Mummymon's evo chart pic not directly to Mummymon?

JCDrakengard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could use Bakemon as the line's Champion/Adult. Something like the ghost/spirit of the mummy gets wraped and evolves.

Last edited:

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So was thinking about Chaosmon and Ultimate Chaosmon and how Bantyo Leomon, Darkdramon, Valdurmon, and Sleipmon are all digimon that can Jogress to them.
Anyway then started thinking about how they were all mascots of the Accel Genome digivices and i got a bit of an idea. What if originally all the mascots of the accel genomes were suppose to be able to jogress into Chaosmon/Ultimate Chaosmon. Then i was like oh wait there be a mascot for each field type. Well that turned out to not be the case, sorry Jungle Troopers \_(ツ)_/ . But hey even without that its still possible. So i made this chart with there lines and stuck to what was only available in the given digivice version. And yes I know Mercurymon's evo line is GREATLY displeasing to look at, but was restricted on choices so ya know.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So in a previous post i showed my hope for the protagonists partner digimon evolutions. I also mentioned my thought on how the evolutions could depend on how you interact with other characters. Well anyway this me expanding on that a little. I only went with different Champion evo options, cause doing 3 different options for each digimon at each stage would just get complicated to do and im lazy. These are my thoughts on possible evo line options, were i couldnt really think of one i wrote a tiny explanation why. The first lines i kept the same from my previous post, except i switched Sunflowmon for Kabukimon cause i thought it looks a little better. Im also sticking with my hope for VictoryGreymon over yet again WarGreymon. So let me know what you think, what lines you would like to see, and/or where you think a new original digimon could fit.