Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Damemon” was an insulting nickname given to it by the villain, since it’s apparently a bugged Digimon that can’t evolve.

If I had to give it a name, I’d call it “Mokyumon.” Doesn’t mean anything, but since some Digimon have a habit of saying the first part of their name, it would fit Bun’s “dialogue.”

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@zodistars The first two are the early C'mon Digimon designs for Botamon and Koromon, and the third one is Bun, who was never named by species.
EDIT: Likewise, the bottom 4th and 5th are the C'mon designs for Devimon and Deathmon.
Wasn't it called Damemon?
Could be, but I saw it translated as Badmon, and took it as a descriptor rather than his species.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
honestly I always figured Bun was just a Koromon that only managed to partially evolve to Agumon(which actually does tie back to using it in a V-Dramon line since Zeromaru officially was an Agumon as a Child)

also those early C'Mon Digimon era designs are always interesting to see with their SD proportions;

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh wow, the early Greymon design looks a ton like Veedramon and that Meramon design is unrecognizable as Meramon if I were to see it without any context.
It's nice to know that Devimon canonically knows the f word

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I always figured Bun was just a Koromon that only managed to partially evolve to Agumon.
That's a great theory.
I did think he looked a lot like Koromon, but I never connected that dot.
Oh wow, the early Greymon design looks a ton like Veedramon.
He really does. The writer even added a prelude when they republished it along-side V-Tamer, lamp-shading the similarities between them.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I got a shipping update that the Version 3 will get delivered to me sometime this week. So that means I will officially have all the digivices that Gaioumon (my favorite digimon) has ever been on. I was telling a friend and they asked me what lines would I ideally want to get if Gaioumon didnt exist on any of these. Gave it a bit of thought and came up with theses. The first two were pretty easy since they dont have as complex evo paths as later devices do. The Version 3's however where a little harder to decide on but i do like what i ended up deciding on. For Blue version it was a little harder to choose than the yellow one. The Metallicdramon line isnt the most unique line thats available, but Dynasmon has always been my favorite royal knight and i love his X Antibody design. The Blue one was harder cause i didnt really find a "natural progression" from any of the champions to RizeGreymonX, but i kinda like what i ended up deciding on. I kinda thought like what if Shakomon X always looked up to the sky and wished to fly and then it was later able to accomplish that dream once it evolved into its later forms. I dont know maybe its a little silly but i always enjoy making little back stories. Anyway let me know what you all think. I actually had quite a bit of fun doing this also :) (sorry about the device pictures, not on main laptop so relied on good old google images)

Last edited:

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello again everyone. After a long hiatus (broken phone and broken laptop) I’m back posting.

A few weeks ago there were some evolution lines posted that had elemental themes inspired by the Legendary Spirits. Those inspired me to make some too. I was pretty liberal in my usage of armors, no level, and Appmon. Some have some glaring gaps but I tried the best I could in regards to themes and preexisting evolutions, as well as my first time using GIMP.

zodistars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
!!!! monimon to lalamon is so good!! moonmon to otamamon is so good!! kapuri>kuda>siesa is wonderful!! everything here is great!! particularly fond of that very last line; I’d never considered pipismon to myotismon!!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pipismon to Vamdemon's been done in previous threads (or maybe in this thread; who knows at this point), but the choice of Baby Digimon is rather striking. I thought that Yaamon to Phascomon was rather fitting.

zodistars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

chicken dinos! inspired by the whole "chickens evolves from dinosaurs" thing. here we have a dinosaur evolving into a chicken and a chicken into a dinosaur

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool idea. Is it meant to be like genetic evolution against cybernetic eveolution?

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i don't know if it's "against the rules" but I made my hawkmon ultimate cause I didn't like any option and I still wanted to make valkyrimon count as her mega. And no, to me silphymon doesn'y count cause dna evos are NOT the natural evolution of a champion. How could an eagle grow cat ears?! personal opinion here, I know some people don't care or straight up disagree and you are welcome to do so. So, anyway, I wanted to base it off of sylphymon but to make it more beast-like and have it match both aquilamon and valkyrimon in a way that made sense. After three days of work I present to you *Hildramon* (from the valkyrie name Hildr, which means battle)

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hehehe, chicken dinosaurs, I dig that lol.

Also, the Hildramon art looks awesome. Demetrius, you could share it in the fan made Digimon forum too.

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hehehe, chicken dinosaurs, I dig that lol.

Also, the Hildramon art looks awesome. Demetrius, you could share it in the fan made Digimon forum too.
thank you very much!
ps. i've literally signed up to post this after years of only reading forum, can you link me that forum page? thank you

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For future reference, people should stick to using actual Digimon in this thread.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So these are the evolution lines i would like to see for the digimon survive characters. The gray-scaled ones are confirmed as their respective evolutions. Im sure the Agumon line is probably just going to be the standard one with War Greymon at the end, but i would like to see Victory Greymon and i can dream cant i? The Labramon line is also the standard one everyone uses, but I am okay with that cause i think it is time Anubimon finally got some love and respect. The Falcomon line is more or less the standard for the non Savers version of it. And again i would like to see Valdurmon get some love as well. Yet again the Kunemon line is pretty standard. I wouldnt mind if Kunemon evolved into Flymon and then some new digimon they reveal. The Floramon line i love, although there may be a better champion to put in there than Sunflowmon. Lopmon like what else is there really besides its iconic evolution line. Dracumon line i couldnt really come up with anything really revolutionary. But I really really hope it gets a different evo line then its iconic one. The Shakomon line im pretty proud of. Although i am super flexible on the champion and perfect/ultimate. I really just want to see Pukumon as its final evolution. Pukumon has always been one of my top favorite aquatic digimon and this would be a great opportunity for him (or her) to shine.

Although I feel like this could all be for nothing. I could see them putting different evolution options on the main characters digimon partners. For example Agumon actually has three possible Adult level digimon it could evolve into. And you only get to have one evolution, but it isnt determined by you directly but determined by your interactions with the other main characters. Like certain key dialogue responses you say to each of the different protagonists. In a game like this i could really see something like this happening. But at the same time im not the one designing the game so who knows. Anyway let me know what you all think, your thoughts on what i chose, what you would like to see.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't Kunemon and Shakomon become Flymon and Shellmon respectively? I know this wasn't outright said but the latter seemed to be heavily implied by Shellmon's prominence in the screenshots shown when Shakomon was revealed.

YutoTerumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not that im aware of, buts its possible

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't Kunemon and Shakomon become Flymon and Shellmon respectively? I know this wasn't outright said but the latter seemed to be heavily implied by Shellmon's prominence in the screenshots shown when Shakomon was revealed.
Flymon hasn't been shown in any pics. Shellmon is implied, but the rest were shown in actual video footage becoming them. Shellmon is a "safe 99% chance", but you never know since garurumon and palmon have also been shown in the party before. is it shellmon? probably, but playing it safe and what not.

so yeah "outright said" is usually the way to go for "official confirmation" or whatever. Agumon, Labramon, Falcomon, and Lopmon were shown evolving on screen in recent trailers.

In regards to Kunemon if they wanted the Kuwagamon line I think they'd just use Kokuwa(ga)mon. They even did in the 2020 card game

and Mantaraymon is Armor, so I don't see that happening.

I think they'll either use Flymon and two new forms, or just have Kunemon use DoKunemons Dokugumon, Arukenimon, Parasimon line.

I'm hoping Floramon will use Kiwimon -> Sirenmon -> Ceresmon, and I'd like Dracmon to use something else than his generic due to Matadormon and GranDacmon being one of the main antagonists in the most recent game already (HM)