Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wikimon says Digimon has never made this a jogress? Excuse me??

edit: now that I think about it, ThunderBallmon instead of Mamemon would also make sense as well as increase both components by one level. But that hasn't been done either

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's weird but I think it may be some kind of Tyranomon species. Since Mamemon species always have Black eyes.

I think you can still make fun jogress evos so the same levels doesn't matter here. There were few old pics in previous pages about jogress evo charts but I don't think I can find there.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's weird but I think it may be some kind of Tyranomon species. Since Mamemon species always have Black eyes.
Metal Mamemon has red eyes, Big Mamemon has red eyes, Bancho Mamemon has red eyes, Thunderballmon has red eyes, Tonosama Mamemon has blue eyes, Mamemon X has brown eyes, Prince Mamemon X has blue eyes, and Thunderballmon X has red eyes

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah. Then maybe I used the wrong word. Ugh my word dictionary is so limited. What was the correct word for that eye style of Mamemon family's?

But I'm surprised you included X forms, I'm not sure why but their eye styles are so different lol. Did you excluded CatchMamemon...? Although it's same as Mameon's but slightly popping out for some reasons? Could be my imagination

But I'm trying to say MameTyramon's eyes are simply too piercing to be part of "Mamemon's".

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't list CatchMamemon because his eye color is black like Mamemon's and Prince Mamemon's. I think the eye shape is just called circular, but I don't know if MameTyramon's eye shape is simply due to its helmet eye holes

Last edited:

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

edit: now that I think about it, Thunderballmon would also make sense as well as increase both components by one level. But that hasn't been done either
to keep it matching with how Jogress usually works I'd say swap out Mamemon with BomberNanimon or maybe one of Kogamon/Igamon or ThunderBallmon

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the eye shape is just called circular, but I don't know if MameTyramon's eye shape is simply due to its helmet eye holes
We see MameTyramon without his helmet in D-Cyber, and there his eyes aren't circular.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My opinion on MameTyramon's helmet eye holes are different from MetalGreymon, Megadramon, Mugendramon, etc because its eyes located oddly equal to those thickness layer holes of its helmet, I mean, it may be helmet preventing us from seeing its real eyes but to me, I'm completely unsure if its eyes popping out or the helmet's thickness is actually too thin. Er I don't know how to say that.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

edit: now that I think about it, ThunderBallmon instead of Mamemon would also make sense as well as increase both components by one level. But that hasn't been done either
to keep it matching with how Jogress usually works I'd say swap out Mamemon with BomberNanimon or maybe one of Kogamon/Igamon or ThunderBallmon
I like the idea of ThunderBallmon the most

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I prefer Tyranomon to Mametyramon without a jogress.

The small sized ultimate (dub) is enough of a motif where it just makes a lot of sense. Imo, using a jogress to justify Tyranomon becoming tiny at the perfect level is as needless as using a jogress to get any perfect level to become humanoid in its final level.

digikeith

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Partner Digimon:

SnowBotamon > Pagumon > SnowAgumon > Frigimon > Monzaemon > Vikemon

Whatchyall think?

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Partner Digimon:

Whatchyall think?
not bad, personally I'd probably swap out Monzaemon for either Chackmon* or Blizzarmon

*since Agnimon has been treated as a Perfect sometimes it makes sense one could do the same with the other H-Spirits too

digikeith

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Partner Digimon:

Whatchyall think?
not bad, personally I'd probably swap out Monzaemon for either Chackmon* or Blizzarmon

*since Agnimon has been treated as a Perfect sometimes it makes sense one could do the same with the other H-Spirits too
Nice, personally I can only view the human spirit digimon as champion levels and the beast spirit ones as ultimates, but that's me... Monzaemon has always been the most natural digivolution for Frigimon in my opinion. Pandamon's not bad, but I've always thought that for the most part, Vaccine digimon should digivolve into vaccines, data should digivolve into datas, and virus should digivolve into viruses... Thanks for the feedback, who's your partner digimon, or do you feel you have one?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monzaemon feel less fitting as the rest have icepowers. actually based on that I would switch Pagumon out for Moonmon as well, since the Dianamon line focuses on Ice/Water attacks.

digikeith

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monzaemon feel less fitting as the rest have icepowers. actually based on that I would switch Pagumon out for Moonmon as well, since the Dianamon line focuses on Ice/Water attacks.
That's a fair point, and yeah Monzaemon doesn't have ice powers, but I feel like even the most cannonical digivolutions play around with elemental typings sometimes from one digivolution to the next, and who's to say this Monzaemon can't have an ice-themed attack, like "arctic fluff" or something along those lines. Good comments. I really think Pagumon's eyes fit with Monzaemon's eyes and Monzaemon's overall shape fits with Frigimon's overall shape, and I feel like the colorations of the whole group really blend well together.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Partner Digimon:

Whatchyall think?
this is pretty interesting, what were the reasons for all your choices? Pagumon sticks out to me as the most interesting as it feels pretty different from both its evolution and prior form

digikeith

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Partner Digimon:

Whatchyall think?
this is pretty interesting, what were the reasons for all your choices? Pagumon sticks out to me as the most interesting as it feels pretty different from both its evolution and prior form
Hey thanks for the positive comment and thanks for asking a great question! I’ll post another picture tomorrow of a screenshot from my phone, I feel like it really clicks when you see SnowBotamon above Frigimon, Pagumon above Monzaemon and SnowAgumon above Vikemon like I have them in my phone; basically, SnowBotamon and Frigimon have the same eyes and same ears and they’re both snowdigimon, Pagumon and Monzaemon both have the same eyes and Pagumon has the same mouth and same overall body shape as SnowBotamon, lastly SnowAgumon and Vikemon have the same feet, same toes, same bright blue eyes, and they’re both ice-type digimon so that fits. Overall, they’re all ice types or only slightly removed from being ice types because even in the case of Monzaemon and Pagumon, for Monzaemon he’s a big teddy bear, teddy bears always remind me a little bit of Christmas and I’ll bet you whoever’s in that suit would stay warm, and as for Pagumon he’s covered in fur and has long ears to keep him warm. It all just makes sense to me and I’m happy to share these with the world, funny enough up until a couple days ago for years I’d felt that Jijimon was the best fit for a Mega for my group, and I do still think he fits well, but after seeing SnowAgumon’s feet and Vikemon’s feet, and their blue eyes with a little bit of black around them, and knowing Vikemon is definitively an ice type, it all just clicked right into place. Thanks again for asking such a great question. Who’s your partner digimon, and what are their digivolutions?

(By the way, Frigimon was the digimon I originally chose as my partner, all the others are built around him - SnowBotamon of course has to be his Fresh/ Baby form, SnowAgumon fits perfectly with him because Botamon becomes Agumon, etc.). Thanks again! :)