Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh I never noticed that about Monmon, interesting thing you noticed. The line works well overall

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

First post here, I threw together a line of cute/pink small digimon and I think it works pretty well. Thoughts?

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Removed another post for using a spoilermon. The next person to do this will be suspended. Spoilers are in effect until after the US showing of Kizuna. This is the second time i've had to post this in just a few posts.

Note: Agumon/Gabu Bonds are not spoilers as they were in the trailer, just to clarify.

Last edited:

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone else get some vague Kamen Rider vibes from Agumon Bond? Thinking about it recently, and I could see a Justimon or (Justimon X) Jogress with WarGreymon or some other Greymon to result in Agumon Bond. Not sure if that’s just me though lol. At some point I’ll try to turn some of my ideas into full lines.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nightwing, how funny I did mentioned the belts of Kamen rider when I see him but the thoughts of Justimon never came to my mind lol.

Now I came up for few ideas for Agumon Bond.

Agumon - GeoGreymon - MetalGreymon X + Meicrackmon - Agumon Bond

Agumon + Volcanicdramon - Agumon Bond (Obtained fire coat and spear tails)

Agumon + Gankoomon - Agumon Bond (For obvious reasons...)

Agumon + AncientGreymon - Agumon Bond

Gabumon + AncientGarurumon - Gabumon Bond

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nightwing, how funny I did mentioned the belts of Kamen rider when I see him but the thoughts of Justimon never came to my mind lol.

Now I came up for few ideas for Agumon Bond.

Agumon - GeoGreymon - MetalGreymon X + Meicrackmon - Agumon Bond

Agumon + Volcanicdramon - Agumon Bond (Obtained fire coat and spear tails)

Agumon + Gankoomon - Agumon Bond (For obvious reasons...)

Agumon + AncientGreymon - Agumon Bond

Gabumon + AncientGarurumon - Gabumon Bond
These are really cool examples too lol. Like Meicrackmon makes a lot of sense, but I think that’s also why Rasielmon and Raguelmon would fit perfectly, too. Like Aldamon and Raguelmon, or ShineGreymon and Rasielmon.

Gankoomon is also a really good one. I think even Gankoomon X would fit pretty well, maybe better. He has Hinakamuy’s energy around his hands and that can swell up to look like flaming wings, which would go well with some of the more prominent features on Agumon Bond.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Come to think of it, Agumon Bond sorta have blue lines like it's kind of some X antibody glowing crystals. I guess Gankoomon X will do. Flaming wings will become the flaming scarfs and nakedness will transfer, too. The golden gauntlets will transform into.. Uhh bare fists but with burning degree knife claws! The big minus is the tail weapon...

I think Rasielmon is a bit odd to add. So Raguelmon is slightly better but they are still "Angel" types while he is... Ehh "Demon Man" or Reptile Man. Aldamon and ShineGreymon were already claimed there in other previous posts.

RifterSoulDigitize

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In digimon there are certain species that are "related", they often share lore and are paired with each other, an example is terriermon and lopmon .
What lines do you guys think are related and which do you want to see explored ? for me it would be the greymon and seadramon lines, in the past agumon and betamon were always paired and they even evolve from the same looking egg and share baby forms, i guess they represent how koromon can go into water or fire but im guessing after Digimon Adventure they started pairing agumon with gabumon and ditched betamon. You can even see similarities within their designs and it makes sense that Agumon would be a dragon killer if his counterpart and "Brother is a dragon". Would be amazing to see a fusion between Wargreymon and Metalseadramon that maybe pulls from Koromons design ?

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always felt like the relationship between Rosemon and Lotusmon could be gone into more. It was quite surprising when Rafflesimon was discovered, since beyond Rosemon and BioLotusmon having a rivalry of sorts in Savers and some rumors and hearsay about Lalamon in Savers originally being intended to evolve into Lotusmon, they are not exactly an iconic duo. I think it would be neat to get some lore that describes some sort of connection between the two.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon and Betamon weren't paired together because they were purposefully intended to be counterparts or relatives. They were just different evolutions in the same V-Pet. This was before they started grouping Digimon by attributes (Vi, Da, Va) or families (Deep Savers, Nightmare Soldiers, etc.). They were relatives by chance, rather than intentional relatives.

Aside from a few "implied" lines, it was mostly a bunch of different unrelated Digimon in a single evolutionary tree; Meramon and Devimon were also in that same V-Pet, yet they mostly have nothing to do with Agumon and Betamon.

Also, Mega-level wasn't in that V-Pet. Even if you assume their evolutions based on their Ultimate-stages, Greymon evolved to the virus MetalGreymon and Seadramon to Mamemon in that V-Pet. If you base it on the Pendulum V-Pets, then the Seadramon line doesn't even use Betamon, and the anime Greymon line is paired with the Garurumon line and the Tailmon line.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why some people actively trying to spread Lalamon being Lotusmon rumors so hard? There was no proof. It only started from a fake rumor.

I'd like to see some certain digimon explored from their official profiles:
Sleipmon and Valdurmon's connections with Chaosmon/UltimateChaosmon because Darkdramon and BantyoLeomon were a bit more well known yet Valdur Arm showed up nowhere.

Rosemon/Lotusmon because there weren't any stories on them to expand due to Rafflesimon

More information on Ancient Warriors. To end the "Which comes first: Chicken or Egg" logic

Crack Team and D-Brigade, Petermon's home, and Witchelny

Mastemon's "Origin History" same thing for Examon and GraceNovamon maybe RagnaLordmon, too.

DORUmon/Alphamon's deep connections with Yggdrasil and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode maybe I would say Origin History? And Hackmon/Gankoomon.

Bring back certain ones from games like BEMmon and Chronomon, etc

RifterSoulDigitize

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon and Betamon weren't paired together because they were purposefully intended to be counterparts or relatives. They were just different evolutions in the same V-Pet. This was before they started grouping Digimon by attributes (Vi, Da, Va) or families (Deep Savers, Nightmare Soldiers, etc.). They were relatives by chance, rather than intentional relatives.

Aside from a few "implied" lines, it was mostly a bunch of different unrelated Digimon in a single evolutionary tree; Meramon and Devimon were also in that same V-Pet, yet they mostly have nothing to do with Agumon and Betamon.

Also, Mega-level wasn't in that V-Pet. Even if you assume their evolutions based on their Ultimate-stages, Greymon evolved to the virus MetalGreymon and Seadramon to Mamemon in that V-Pet. If you base it on the Pendulum V-Pets, then the Seadramon line doesn't even use Betamon, and the anime Greymon line is paired with the Garurumon line and the Tailmon line.
I feel like them being in the same v pet and having very similar vibes with the stripes and the opposing elements and species is why they should have kept them close tbh would of been very cool to see a fusion between the two, a boy can dream. Feel like they dont know how to do water type digimon and that might be why, so much potential in Betamon and other water digimon, one thing digimon deffo needs to improve on is maybe calm it with the dragon and beast rookies that turn into knights lol its becoming... samey

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why some people actively trying to spread Lalamon being Lotusmon rumors so hard? There was no proof. It only started from a fake rumor.

I'd like to see some certain digimon explored from their official profiles:
Sleipmon and Valdurmon's connections with Chaosmon/UltimateChaosmon because Darkdramon and BantyoLeomon were a bit more well known yet Valdur Arm showed up nowhere.

Rosemon/Lotusmon because there weren't any stories on them to expand due to Rafflesimon

More information on Ancient Warriors. To end the "Which comes first: Chicken or Egg" logic

Crack Team and D-Brigade, Petermon's home, and Witchelny

Mastemon's "Origin History" same thing for Examon and GraceNovamon maybe RagnaLordmon, too.

DORUmon/Alphamon's deep connections with Yggdrasil and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode maybe I would say Origin History? And Hackmon/Gankoomon.

Bring back certain ones from games like BEMmon and Chronomon, etc
Probably because her mega in the games was lotusmon till data squad used it. Even then she gets lotusmon in most games now. Her only evo in rearise. Was clearly designed to be her mega

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or at least the signature Ultimate/Mega of her species but the Lalamon line as a whole can arguably be considered half of a larger family with the Palmon line.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah I remember. Lotusmon in the games used for Lalamon's evo. But isn't it because all flower ladies are sharing same things? Although Blossomon was used differently.... And isn't this belong to a certain topic something "not used and explored" like that?

Cronamon > Meramon X > SkullMeramon + MetalGreymon > Agumon Bond

Commandramon > Sealsdramon > MachGaogamon + Behemoth > Gabumon Bond

Or HiAndromon + Mercurymon > Gabumon Bond

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I present the Phantom Thieves as Tamers:

No Akechi or characters from Royal or Scramble.

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the first two are pretty good, though it's a shame Gokuwmon is not a mega to round it out, oh well.
yusuke line i see what you are going for, but woudn't Susanomon at the end make more sense?
the bottom 3 i don't really get, lunamon cause of Astartes crescent moon seems far fetched, Keramon for Alien/tech?
Makotos Leomon line probably makes the least sense to me, she ain't a delinquent or a bancho, have you thought about Beelestamon? she seems like a good fit.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bancholeomons fist plates is all I could think off. Beelzemon just works best for makoto

And argomon or UFO Vademon for Futaba

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Susanoomon would probably have stuck out like a sore thumb in an otherwise vulpine line. I had originally considered Vademon for Futaba but Keramon lines up better with her roles as a hacker while fitting the alien theme.

Lunamon was suggested to me because Haru is supposed to be a fairly refined person with a persona that is armed to the teeth, which Dianamon worked with. BanchoLeomon was also a suggestion, presumably do to it being faithful only to the "Justice" in which it trusts while to Makoto is a strong believer in justice.

That said, Beelzemon was actually suggested for her prior to BanchoLeomon but I feel like not only is Beelzemon even less fitting for her as a character and was only suggested cause Johanna is a motorcycle but I wasn't sure what line I could do for it that wasn't a repeat of Joker's since Beelzemon was originally going to be the Mega for Joker's line before I decided that Lucemon X was a better fit for Joker to represent Satanael.

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well yeah you had to rework yusukes line if it had Susanomon in it, as it stands it doesn't fit in, it just seems natural since his persona is Susano-o.
when it comes to Beelzemon cause motorcylce, isn't that the same reason why Surfymon was picked? cause all he has to do with Ryuji is that he is surfing like his initial persona.

also i woudn't really say justice and nice person armed to the teeth are fitting descriptions for Makoto and Haru, then again they don´t have alot of personality to begin with kinda hard to pinpoint what a good motif for them would be.