Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been having trouble figuring out a Perfect level for this one. Kinda stumped. :/ Any suggestions?

EDIT: Finally! Couldn't get the image hosting link to work. 
well AeroV-Dramon wouldn't be a bad choice, it does officially evolve into Dynasmon for one thing(and kinda looks similar to how Breath of Wyvern's lineart is drawn as well), SkullBaluchimon or SkullGreymon wouldn't be bad choices either(as they're official evolutions of Gargoylemon), and I could see Digitamamon or Shakkoumon working too(using either form as a stepping stone to go from Demon Beast to Holy Knight)
Yeah I definitely see AeroV-Dramon working in that lineup. Gargomon/Gargoylemon a demon-type digimon bounded by angelic light, so another possibility is Mephismon, a fallen angel digimon. Which would flow nicely into Dynasmon or Dynasmon X.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why does a fallen angel fit dynasmon?
A fallen angel has the ability of going full demon, and the ability to gain redemption and become holy again. Dynasmon is a holy knight that is capable of great good or great evil depending on their master. Mephismon makes a good in between for Gargomon and Dynasmon as Gargomon is a demon type digimon. So it will be a progression of demon, fallen angel, to holy knight.

Alpha-Crimson

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could see Shakkoumon working with an evolution sequence where he just shatters and all the jagged parts become Dynasmon's armor. It basically goes from being the 'uncanny perfect level' trope seen throughout Digimon to suddenly being a shockingly good fit.

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A fallen angel has the ability of going full demon, and the ability to gain redemption and become holy again. Dynasmon is a holy knight that is capable of great good or great evil depending on their master. Mephismon makes a good in between for Gargomon and Dynasmon as Gargomon is a demon type digimon. So it will be a progression of demon, fallen angel, to holy knight.
Holy Knight =/= Angel
It's just another name for Royal Knight.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy Knight =/= Angel
It's just another name for Royal Knight.
nah there's still rapidmon gold and all the omnimon varients

dynas lore is that he'll be evil if his master is

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They're pretty much the same thing. What I'm trying to say is that they're not related to Angels.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They're pretty much the same thing. What I'm trying to say is that they're not related to Angels.
But a cat becoming an angel makes more sense? Plus Aero V-dramon is a holy dragon digimon that digivolves to holy knights like UForce V-dramon, Dynasmon, and Imperialdramon. It can also digivolve into Goddramon, a divine digimon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mephismon doesn’t make sense to me in this case because it seems a step more towards evil than Gargomon, and it has no dragon-like features.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mephismon doesn’t make sense to me in this case because it seems a step more towards evil than Gargomon, and it has no dragon-like features.
I don't know how Angewomon becomes a goat-dragon but she does. Mephismon is a fallen angel digimon. Fallen angels can be redeemed. Otherwise Cherubimon wouldn't be able to return to virtue mode, and Ophanimon would serve no purpose. Plus Mephismon shares similarities with Dynasmon such as wings and large hands. Mephismon is a demon-goat appearing fallen angel. Dynasmon is based off the wyvern, a two legged dragon with a human-goat face, and goat-like cloven hooves for feet. Mephismon makes sense in this lineup.

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dynasmon is based off the wyvern, a two legged dragon with a human-goat face, and goat-like cloven hooves for feet.
That sounds more like a chimera. A wyvern is a dragon-like creature with wings as hands, nothing goat-like.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think he was saying Dynasmon has goat-like qualities like Mephismon. I guess he has horns like a goat? It still seems a stretch to call him goatish.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dynasmon is based off the wyvern, a two legged dragon with a human-goat face, and goat-like cloven hooves for feet.
That sounds more like a chimera. A wyvern is a dragon-like creature with wings as hands, nothing goat-like.
A chimera is a lion body goat head and a snake for a tail. A wyvern is a bipedial dragon like creature. There are different variants, but one that sticks out is the one with the goat features.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A chimera is a lion body goat head and a snake for a tail. A wyvern is a bipedial dragon like creature. There are different variants, but one that sticks out is the one with the goat features.
The Greek Chimera has both a lion's head and a goat's head (and technically a snake's head too). In both historical heraldry and modern pop culture, a wyvern is almost never depicted as "goat-like." The wyvern's most distinctive features are its snake-like characteristics and its spaded arrow-shaped tail (and sometimes spaded arrow-shaped tongue too).

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The wyvern's most distinctive features are its snake-like characteristics and its spaded arrow-shaped tail (and sometimes spaded arrow-shaped tongue too).
where are you getting that from? i think the most common depiction of a Wyvern is just a Dragon with hindlegs and wings without an additinoal pair of front legs, like the Jazamon and Vobomon lines

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
where are you getting that from? i think the most common depiction of a Wyvern is just a Dragon with hindlegs and wings without an additinoal pair of front legs, like the Jazamon and Vobomon lines
Yes, it goes without saying that the wings and single pair of legs are also distinctive characteristics; I just didn't see the need to reiterate them due to redundancy.

As for the characteristics I stated, it's literally the most common depiction of wyverns, historically. The basic "draconic" traits of wyverns were originally induced by the image of snakes. It's literally in the name; the word "wyvern" originates from the word for "venomous snake," with a possible secondary name origin of "javelin" (the thrown/"flying" weapon).
Even Western dragons themselves were originally based on serpents. In a mythological sense, "draconic" and "serpentine" are synonymous; they're not mutually-exclusive. Having "serpent-like" characteristics basically means having "dragon-like" characteristics.

If you look at wyvern heraldry, nearly every single depiction of wyverns showcases that spaded arrow-shaped tail. Many modern media reinterprets that tail as some sort of venomous stinger/barb, like Monster Hunter's Rathalos/Rathian.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay the new form of "Hu-Garurumon" is perfect for Psychomon/Gururumon but I'm unsure what to put a certain Perfect for same color to share with Psychemon/"Hu-Garurumon".

For "Hu-Greymon". It's basically Human version of GeoGreymon with Greymon armor cosplay but the way I view RizeGreymon and MetalGreymon are a bit silly to put in there... They are right about "naked" part. However I don't see "ShineGreymon" parts in him. Still, MetalGreymon make sense when it comes to this scarfs/worn wings. It's just metal cyborg parts is only standing out when I put Agumon's whole evo line together with "Hu-Greymon" who is simply human GeoGreymon.

But besides Agumon and Psychemon's random evo lines. I think Strabimon - Wolfmon - Beowulfmon - "Hu-Garurumon" is sorta cool. 100% humanoid all the way. For "Hu-Greymon", it doesn't have to be Agumon but Guilmon > GeoGreymon > Grottomon > "Hu-Greymon" is very bizarre idea I came up with.... Think Susanoomon is perfect "Ultra" level for both? He got human body style yo. Still not sure if they are normal Ultimate or beyond Ultra like Omegamon. Oh who cares...

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Astamon for Psychemon>Gururumon> Kizuna Garurumon?

Dinohumon would fit so thematically with Kizuna Greymon but I dont know what would go between them either, or a child.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, it goes without saying that the wings and single pair of legs are also distinctive characteristics; I just didn't see the need to reiterate them due to redundancy.

As for the characteristics I stated, it's literally the most common depiction of wyverns, historically. The basic "draconic" traits of wyverns were originally induced by the image of snakes. It's literally in the name; the word "wyvern" originates from the word for "venomous snake," with a possible secondary name origin of "javelin" (the thrown/"flying" weapon).
Even Western dragons themselves were originally based on serpents. In a mythological sense, "draconic" and "serpentine" are synonymous; they're not mutually-exclusive. Having "serpent-like" characteristics basically means having "dragon-like" characteristics.

If you look at wyvern heraldry, nearly every single depiction of wyverns showcases that spaded arrow-shaped tail. Many modern media reinterprets that tail as some sort of venomous stinger/barb, like Monster Hunter's Rathalos/Rathian.
dynasmon has an attack called "breath of wyvern". hes a wyvern.