Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nude Gabumon evo chart is pretty genius. I like it.

Oddly CresGarurumon is Data type while black versions are mostly Virus types. Although Omegamon Alter S's Virus type is just fine. Haha

Wanyamon > Gabumon > Tobucatmon > HippoGriffomon > Valdurmon

I picked Valdurmon because of this odd appearance may be "bird" to most people but to me, I just realized after viewing its appearance in Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory. Its body didn't match to the bird actually it's more of fluffy serpent worm with many wings even one set of bottom wings got feet instead of the normal bird legs. Just imagine this Valdurmon without wings (Try it in Cyber Sleuth series to your imagination) you will see why I selected this. Valdurmon didn't have bird tail but reptile tail... :/

Wanyamon is hybrid animal pet then reptile wearing wolf fur coat then stuffed cat plushie with bat-like bird wings then lastly it's weird feathery serpent worm. Of course afterwards, Chaosmon and UltimateChaosmon are there!

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are there any other Digimon that don't look like evolutions but whose names make them seem like an evolution? Like how Greymon evolves to MetalGreymon. I can think of Silphymon>JetSilphymon, and Dark SuperStarmon>BeelStarmon. Maybe Mercuremon>Mercurymon, maybe that's even intentional and why Mercurymon is green and has a mirror?
honestly looking at the two I actually could buy Dark SuperStarmon having BeelStarmon as an evolution if they were both included in a future V-Pet or Game together

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nude Gabumon evo chart is pretty genius. I like it.

Oddly CresGarurumon is Data type while black versions are mostly Virus types. Although Omegamon Alter S's Virus type is just fine. Haha

Wanyamon > Gabumon > Tobucatmon > HippoGriffomon > Valdurmon

I picked Valdurmon because of this odd appearance may be "bird" to most people but to me, I just realized after viewing its appearance in Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory. Its body didn't match to the bird actually it's more of fluffy serpent worm with many wings even one set of bottom wings got feet instead of the normal bird legs. Just imagine this Valdurmon without wings (Try it in Cyber Sleuth series to your imagination) you will see why I selected this. Valdurmon didn't have bird tail but reptile tail... :/

Wanyamon is hybrid animal pet then reptile wearing wolf fur coat then stuffed cat plushie with bat-like bird wings then lastly it's weird feathery serpent worm. Of course afterwards, Chaosmon and UltimateChaosmon are there!
MagnaDramon X would probably work pretty well for your line too, as would Duftmon(either regular or Leopard Mode)

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah Dog dragon with multiple wings in alien rod's wing pattern style and pink fur. It works well for Gabumon with or without fur coat in my evo chart.

But Duftmon? Black Panther with simple fake angel wings? Hardly hybrid animal unless if it's your viewpoint will tell otherwise?

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I preferred DeadlyAxemon as an Adult but can't think of a good Perfect to fit between him and Gokumon. Any ideas?

Swords and Puppets.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I preferred DeadlyAxemon as an Adult but can't think of a good Perfect to fit between him and Gokumon. Any ideas?
Obvious choice would be DarkKnightmon. I think DeadlyTuwarmon would actually fit really well, but I'm personally not a fan of those one-off Xroses that don't even have official artworks.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
maybe MetalPhantomon or Infermon or perhaps either regular Doruguremon or Death-X Doruguremon

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
maybe MetalPhantomon or Infermon or perhaps either regular Doruguremon or Death-X Doruguremon
ended up making a chart using one of my suggestions;

Gizamon-> DeadlyAxemon-> Death-X-DoruGuremon-> Gokumon

Sedecim

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello all!

I tried to make an alternate line for terriermon and lopmon. Since Lopmon has ice-based attacks, I tried to make a line that keeps the ice element. Same for terriermon's wind attacks.

What do you think about it? I'm not sure about prairiemon…

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kyukimon > Fujinmon was an especially good choice.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I made these for the Sanrio Digimon. Imagine if they appeared in a game like the NX Edge Digimon one day.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I rather like some of those evolutions. Not sure I’ve seen Ex-Tyrannomon to Holydramon before, but it works. BlackRapidmon to Plutomon, Jokermon to Cherubimon Vice, and RaijiLudomon to Raijinmon are also nice.

zodistars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can’t believe I’ve never thought of ExTyranno>Magnadra and BlackRapid>Pluto. I love those. All of those lines are great.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been having trouble figuring out a Perfect level for this one. Kinda stumped. :/ Any suggestions?

EDIT: Finally! Couldn't get the image hosting link to work. 😖

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you forgot something...

Saw some fan art just now that led me to notice the similarities between Garurumon and Moosemon (their colors, their "feathers," etc.). Now I like the idea of Gabumon to Moosemon. They both have horns, too. Looks like Moosemon did evolve from Psychemon once in a card, but hasn't canonically evolved from Gabumon yet.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How about Wingdramon? Gargomon's X/O and Dynasmon's Orbs to connect with this Wingdramon's four orbs: In hands and the tips of wings.
Same color but darker and the mask, too.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been having trouble figuring out a Perfect level for this one. Kinda stumped. :/ Any suggestions?

EDIT: Finally! Couldn't get the image hosting link to work. 
well AeroV-Dramon wouldn't be a bad choice, it does officially evolve into Dynasmon for one thing(and kinda looks similar to how Breath of Wyvern's lineart is drawn as well), SkullBaluchimon or SkullGreymon wouldn't be bad choices either(as they're official evolutions of Gargoylemon), and I could see Digitamamon or Shakkoumon working too(using either form as a stepping stone to go from Demon Beast to Holy Knight)