Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raptor Sparrow Line:

not bad, although I'm still of the opinion that Sparrowmon is probably an Adult and RaptorSparrowmon is a Perfect
I like to use RaptorSparrowmon as a Mega just so it feels like the proper conclusion to the line, but I kinda flip-flop where I like Sparrowmon. Usually I prefer her as a small Perfect type, given how well she faced off against Lucemon in the anime. Example:

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jazamon to Peacockmon works especially well.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Sparrowmon as Ultimate makes the most sense due to it fusing with X4 to make X5. So then I have Sparrowmon and X4 as Ultimates to maek them an equal fusion, in this way

Shoutmon (Rookie) + Ballistamon (Rookie) - Shoutmon X2 (weak champion)

Shoutmon X2 + dorulumon (weak champion) = Shoutmon X3 (strong champion)

X3 + Starmon (OG Starmon as hes champion) = X4 (weak ultimate)

X4 + Sparrowmon (weak ultimate) = X5 (strong ultimate)

X5+ OG Beelzemon = X5B (weak Mega, yes Beelzemon downgrades here)

X5B -> X7 (Strong Mega)

and then X7 -> X7F (Ultra)

I know X5B -> X7 makes no sense, since adding in ZekeGreymon causes there to actually be 8 dudes - but it seems X6 is stuck in the Manga forever, so it's the best way to do it IMO

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we treat RaptorSparrowmon as a Perfect, maybe it could evolve to Zhuqiaomon. Besides both being birds, they don't have much in common, but the Vermilion Bird is sometimes referred to as a sparrow.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we treat RaptorSparrowmon as a Perfect, maybe it could evolve to Zhuqiaomon. Besides both being birds, they don't have much in common, but the Vermilion Bird is sometimes referred to as a sparrow.
the two I've used the most for RaptorSparrowmon have been Crossmon and Valdurmon, though JetSilphymon or AncientIrismon would also work fairly well, and Valkyrimon or DarkDramon wouldn't be a terrible choice either

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gravimon would make a great evolution for Vamdemon X Antibody. His arms and legs look like theres nothing in them, but they're still armed shaped so it makes him look like a haunted costume. Ans Vamdemon X is really his cape.

Also NeoVamdemon while I'm at it. Then Venom and Beliel for the regular Vamdemon.

firelordzx5

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got an idea involving a complete dragon line for Lucemon

The idea of this line that it emphasis the corruption on Lucemon's divine data with Dragon Data or alteration due to Lucemon's wishes to not become a Demon Lord.

Lucemon - Devidramon (Devidramon has more wings than a normal Digimon of the "Devi" species and I feel like this would also be Lucemon's natural Adult/Champion form alongside those stated in Wikimon) - Magnamon (This may count as weird but hear me out: Lucemon's Divine Data in this stage is responding to the corruption of his Data by using this form but the corruption fights back, resulting this form) - Lucemon Satan Mode (Mutant) [In this form, Both form of Data having been properly fused instead of erasing one another. There is a Consequence; the Gehenna Sphere is empty as Larva Mode doesn't exist in this form. Lucemon ITS the Satan Mode which isn't an Illusion either, the Dragon is totally solid and completely coated with Golden Chrome Digizoid.)

Another a more personal favorite. A Lucemon that purposely crippled himself in order to not become a Demon like those before him only to become a Dragon of the Apocalypse in the Process.

Lucemon - Pidmon (No story behind this, other than Lucemon hiding or curbing his power to tolerable levels) - Vritramon (This form is taken by Pidmon after witnessing something horrifying which made him mad with vengeance in his head, acting far more feral and destructive. Originally, I went for Aldamon but doesn't felt right with me) - Megidramon (The Rage and Hate had completely dominated the mind of this Lucemon, turning him into the Dragon that shouldn't exist.)

The Idea of this is a different take of Lucemon's fall and his turn into the Dragon of Revelation which is already offered in his line with Falldown and satan mode but this is an alternative for an apocalypse dragon.

shepsquared

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone got any idea what digimon Panimon could have been based on? The other digimon injected with Arkadiamon data from V Tamer are relatively easy to link to existing digimon but the only thing Panimon looks like is Mephismon and I'm half-certain all four of them were meant to be created from champion level digimon

(Grizzlymon->Callismon, Wizardmon->Hermmon, Fangmon or Garurumon->Lykamon)

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eosmon kind of reminds me of Cyberdramon X Antibody. Maybe it'd make a good evolution? It's the hexagonal wings and orange on Cyberdramon.

Anyone got any idea what digimon Panimon could have been based on? The other digimon injected with Arkadiamon data from V Tamer are relatively easy to link to existing digimon but the only thing Panimon looks like is Mephismon and I'm half-certain all four of them were meant to be created from champion level digimon

(Grizzlymon->Callismon, Wizardmon->Hermmon, Fangmon or Garurumon->Lykamon)
Hermmon has a skull head and skeleton rib bones so I honestly think hes supposed to be from SkullSatamon. Panimon looks too much like Mephismon so I always thought he was supposed to be from Mephismon. And Lykamon is a werewolf so WereGarurumon? I wish we and them colored if he was red or Garurumon colored itd give it away because I'd love if he was a Fangmon species Digimon.

shepsquared

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is frustrating - I was hoping there'd be a clear progression from Champion or Ultimate to Mega for all 3 of the V-Tamer corrupted megas, like there is for Grizzlymon and Callismon. Instead Hermmon looks like a fusion of Wizardmon and Fantomon as much as anything, Lykamon is WereGarurumon after hitting the gym and in Regulumon's clothes and Panimon is basically just Mephismon. At least I put together evolution lines i don't hate for them.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Filling out X Antibody lines is fun.

(Since there are two tiers of ultimates in the X vpets I added Ebemon to make it more complete but you can ignore it.)

If you count Arachnemon as a witch, and Babamon having her curse lifted to become Rosemon she actually has a crazy long line of witches. Also I only realized recently that Wizarmon and Babamon have the same type of face. It's too bad Jijimon doesn't really look like an old Wizarmon.

A

I really like how Shoutmon is a perfect because you can do stuff like this. He'd be great for Magnamon X, Ulforce Vdramon X too.

Last edited:

shepsquared

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of filling out lines - remember how Gabumon is wearing a Garurumon pelt and there's been like 2 bits of art showing how weird he looks without it? I figured Gabumon without the pelt would be perfect for Cyclonemon and BlackGabumon would be the perfect Monochromon predecessor and went from there.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is frustrating - I was hoping there'd be a clear progression from Champion or Ultimate to Mega for all 3 of the V-Tamer corrupted megas, like there is for Grizzlymon and Callismon. Instead Hermmon looks like a fusion of Wizardmon and Fantomon as much as anything, Lykamon is WereGarurumon after hitting the gym and in Regulumon's clothes and Panimon is basically just Mephismon. At least I put together evolution lines i don't hate for them.
an interesting set, kinda funny how the first two lines have a red Adult and a blue/purple Perfect, but then it's reversed for the last line, though maybe you could use FlaWizarmon-> Mummymon instead to preserve that accidental theme or something

Speaking of filling out lines - remember how Gabumon is wearing a Garurumon pelt and there's been like 2 bits of art showing how weird he looks without it? I figured Gabumon without the pelt would be perfect for Cyclonemon and BlackGabumon would be the perfect Monochromon predecessor and went from there.
overall pretty good, though personally I've always pegged MadLeomon as an Adult, so I'd instead use him as the Adult and then go SkullBaluchimon for the Perfect, rather than do an awkward Wolf-> Lion thing, that or use Astamon as the Perfect and keep Sangloupmon as the Adult, as for the Tuskmon line, well honestly the evolutions following it are pretty random, so I'd instead suggest something like this; Tuskmon- GroundDramon-> BreakDramon(or GigaBreakDramon)

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are there any other Digimon that don't look like evolutions but whose names make them seem like an evolution? Like how Greymon evolves to MetalGreymon. I can think of Silphymon>JetSilphymon, and Dark SuperStarmon>BeelStarmon. Maybe Mercuremon>Mercurymon, maybe that's even intentional and why Mercurymon is green and has a mirror?

Last edited: