Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delek Reap

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, I give. The lines I made are Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass themed.

First line (which is Wonderland): White Lopmon=White Rabbit, Sistermon Noir=Alice, Mad Leomon=Cheshire Cat, Griffomon=The Griffon.

Second line (which is Looking Glass): Sistermon Blanc=Alice, Knight Chessmon (White)=The White Knight (who was based off of the chess piece), Pajramon=The Sheep that the White Queen randomly turned into, Dorbickmon Darkness Mode (Dragon Army)=The Jabberwocky (Wikimon only had that picture for him, and I haven't seen that part of the anime, but the early promotional artwork showed that he has a long neck, so I assumed they kept that in).

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
KnightChessmon to Pajiramon actually works pretty well on its own merits. Also, it must have been because I was so tired, but by "late" I thought you meant the Lopmon was pregnant.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Baalmon looks more like original Beelzebumon than the Xros Wars version that has metal armor. The Xros Wars one might fit better evolving from Cerberumon Jinrou Mode and maybe NeoDevimon, though.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to a before bed discussion with the lovely Faust, we came to the conclusion that if I were to go to the digital world, my partner would be a Strabimon. Thus I was compelled to make a line that wasn't filled with dumb human wolf weird armor things, and this is what I came up with. Hopefully you can all see where I'm coming from.

Strabimon - Sangloupmon - WereGarurumon X - MetalGarurumon X

Any other ideas for a non-frontier Strabimon line?
You can thank my photoshop skills for the nice clear photos of WereGarurumon X and MetalGarurumon X, if anyone wants them just give me a yell, they're bigger than on the line, and much higher quality.
I like that line. Sangloupmon looks good with the other wolf Digimon. I'd love to see the high rest WereGarurumon X and MetalGarurumon X art.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to a before bed discussion with the lovely Faust, we came to the conclusion that if I were to go to the digital world, my partner would be a Strabimon. Thus I was compelled to make a line that wasn't filled with dumb human wolf weird armor things, and this is what I came up with. Hopefully you can all see where I'm coming from.

You can thank my photoshop skills for the nice clear photos of WereGarurumon X and MetalGarurumon X, if anyone wants them just give me a yell, they're bigger than on the line, and much higher quality.
Wow, the X Digimon pictures are really good, I've never seem them this close up before! The pictures that are easily available don't make the details very clear, it's almost like I'm seeing these two for the first time.

I also really like the line. It works quite well, and Sangloupmon fits in quite nicely between Strabimon and WereGarurumon X.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Btw I would say to switch MetalGarurumon X with MirageGaogamon as it would fit the claw theme a lot better seeing as it goes claws->claws and fangs-> claws-> CANNONS AND MACHINE GUNS even if it loses the X-Antibody

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you guys think of these evolutions? I think the logic is straightforward enough. BlackKingChessmon didn't really appear in anything, but I don't see why one wouldn't exist.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since their connection to the Xenomorphs and Predator was brought up in the design inspiration thread, I've realized that Kabuterimon to Cyberdramon (2010) is a good match.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Request from my friend: Chessmon Line.
Obvious line is obvious.

Tero

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, I give. The lines I made are Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass themed.

First line (which is Wonderland): White Lopmon=White Rabbit, Sistermon Noir=Alice, Mad Leomon=Cheshire Cat, Griffomon=The Griffon.
I think Bastemon would be better Chesire Cat.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would use Mikemon or BlackTailmon myself.

Looking at Monox's chart, SkullKnightmon appears to be sort of a reflection of Gladimon, what with their squat bodies and dual-wielded weapons.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sure. I'm just saying that they'd be the Digimon most analogous to the literary Cheshire Cat.

Palkia

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leo-line

Previously
http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.09.14/67qdnm9jzd7h.png
http://www11.pic-upload.de/23.09.14/up5se86fzyik.png
http://www11.pic-upload.de/23.09.14/hhs2dkudt8by.png
http://www11.pic-upload.de/25.09.14/1iugap35i8w.png
http://www11.pic-upload.de/26.09.14/ba8cyt16kck.png
http://www11.pic-upload.de/30.09.14/nfnl3pwl4q9a.png
http://www11.pic-upload.de/02.10.14/9wid7w8t979.png

Clawwer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, the X Digimon pictures are really good, I've never seem them this close up before! The pictures that are easily available don't make the details very clear, it's almost like I'm seeing these two for the first time.
I like that line. Sangloupmon looks good with the other wolf Digimon. I'd love to see the high rest WereGarurumon X and MetalGarurumon X art.
I've uploading the photo's to photobucket for you guys, hopefully that encourages you all to use the digimon more, I have seen a lack of them in lines here, I'm attributing it to horrible quality art. The pictures are transparent, go nuts guys, use them all you want, save them, do whatever!

MetalGarurumon X - http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah100/Clawwer/QualityMetalGarurumonX_zps6ba6849a.png
WereGarurumon X - http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah100/Clawwer/QualityWereGarurumonX_zps62599d5f.png

Btw I would say to switch MetalGarurumon X with MirageGaogamon as it would fit the claw theme a lot better seeing as it goes claws->claws and fangs-> claws-> CANNONS AND MACHINE GUNS even if it loses the X-Antibody
Good idea Deino, didn't think of MirageGaogamon! Fits a lot better when you look at it, though I love both the lines.

Strabimon - Sangloupmon - WereGarurumon - MirageGaogamon

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at Monox's chart, SkullKnightmon appears to be sort of a reflection of Gladimon, what with their squat bodies and dual-wielded weapons.
I myself just realized when making that chart.
Anyway, tonight's line is DeathTyrannomon Line:

Any idea about what the Ultimate should be?

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find Dorbickmon another fitting evolved form for ExTyrannomon. Could be something like the being inside the suit taking on a dinosaur-like appearance similar to the puppet, and the hood-like thing on Dorbickmon's back could be considered part of the costume.

Dorbickmon's hood resembles SaviorHackmon's, as well, and they both use swords. If their profiles are applied, though, their personalities would be pretty much opposite.

Last edited:

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually was thinking HolyDigitamamon before reading TMS's post. The idea would be that it dies (DeathTyrannomon), is reborn from the inside out and becoming a sort of "fairy dragon pink" color (ExTyrannomon), then shedding its old skin to reveal its new self.

Or you could say that ExTyrannomon is supposed to be mauve and thus heralds the end of the world once its true self emerges… take your pick.

OK, I have to say I LOVE that Strabimon line! Looking at WereGarurumon X as well, his fur appears to be a jacket. Perfect for Strabimon… yes, I do intend both ways.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually was thinking HolyDigitamamon before reading TMS's post. The idea would be that it dies (DeathTyrannomon), is reborn from the inside out and becoming a sort of "fairy dragon pink" color (ExTyrannomon), then shedding its old skin to reveal its new self.
Wow, that really makes sense! :D
Originally, I also considered Devitamamon, but decided to not choose him because he stood out as different from others who have some sort of chibi looks. HolyDigitamamon, on the other hand, works well with that line.

And tonight's line is DeathMetalGreymon Line:

Status
Not open for further replies.