Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Continuation of This thread.

Last post:

[quote author=TMS link=topic=14737.msg232955#msg232955 date=1346257412]
For Targetmon, Tyutyumon is probably best, though Tyumon or Koemon could also work.

As for Shawujinmon and Sagomon, my interpretation of their profiles is that their personality will be transformed rather than their bodies, making them go berserk.
[/quote]

Here's to another 150 pages :p

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool. Glad everyone agreed on the page length.

Anyway, ChoHakaimon and Kinkakumon. Their weapons look vaguely similar. Possible connection/evo?

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huzzah, new thread! I wanted to commemorate the new thread with a huge batch of charts, but very few of them are actually ready. *___* So I might just upload those later....

Yes, upon closer inspection, Kinkakumon, Cho-Hakkaimon, and Mervamon have quite a lot in common actually. (images linked for convenience of viewing) All are female human Digimon with green hair, animalistic face masks/helmets and armor, and a melee weapon (club/rake/sword). That seems like a very legit line to me.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is one big chart. What do those symbols mean between Seahomon and Seadramon, Numemon and KaratsukiNumemon, etc.?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=17268.msg232965#msg232965 date=1346291985]
Huzzah, new thread! I wanted to commemorate the new thread with a huge batch of charts, but very few of them are actually ready. *___* So I might just upload those later....

Yes, upon closer inspection, Kinkakumon, Cho-Hakkaimon, and Mervamon have quite a lot in common actually. (images linked for convenience of viewing) All are female human Digimon with green hair, animalistic face masks/helmets and armor, and a melee weapon (club/rake/sword). That seems like a very legit line to me.
[/quote]
Cool. Thanks. You think Minervamon could evo to Mervamon? Seems obvious to me.

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Unknown Neo link=topic=17268.msg232986#msg232986 date=1346369281]
[/quote]
Via slide-evolution like Vegiemon -> RedVegiemon and Rosemon -> Babamon, sure.
As far as regular evolution goes, Minervamon and Mervamon are both of the same level, so for straight Fresh-to-Mega lines, I use other prevos for Mervamon.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=17268.msg232965#msg232965 date=1346291985]

[/quote]well hopefully that huge batch of charts will include an update for the Metalkoromon chart and also here are some opinions of some of yours charts that I haven't posted yet:

Snowbotamon Chart: personally I really don't like Nyaromon evolving straight to Mikemon(even if there is a fluff reason for it), and as such as you are already twisting your rules for this chart here's a more elegant solution; have Mikemon be a third Evo line for Salamon(or maybe be a shared line with Goburimon) and instead of Evolving to Betsumon(REALLY not fond of Betsumon) have it evolve to either Bastemon->Magnadramon/Ancientsphinxmon or to Cho-Hakakaimon->Minervamon/Mervamon

Botamon Alternate Chart: nothing much to say here except that it reminds me that you need to replace Saberleomon on the other line that Triceramon is in with Spinomon as well

Punimon Alternate Chart: no real suggestions to offer except maybe replace Boltmon with Blastmon

Tokomon Alternate Chart: replace Skullsatomon->Deathmon with Vamdemon->Belialvamdemon(which ties into my opinion that on the Mokumon chart you should replace Vamdemon->Venomvamdemon with Skullsatomon->Demon[which would make things more thematically fitting]) and have Scorpiomon evolve to Tyrantkabuterimon, and lastly have Warumonzaemon evolve to Deathmon now that it's freed up

Yuramon Alternate Chart: pretty good overall but since I suggested using the Flarelizarmon line over in the Metalkoromon chart to replace Revolmon, you might need to find something to replace it with

Snowbotamon Alternate Chart: personally I don't think Clearagumon should be considered a distinct digimon for these charts and be disregarded much like the black virus versions of other digimon(obviously I'm giving an exception towards Blacktailmon, Mikemon, and Modokibetamon[and various others] in regards towards pointless recolors of already existing digimon) and as such be removed from the chart and just have Shamamon be with two lines; his two existing lines(much like the Data Squad/Savers chart you did earlier) and possibly move the Starmon line over to Toyagumon as an alternate replacement for Revolmon(as a bonus this means you could leave the Alternate Yuramon Chart alone)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Unknown Neo link=topic=17268.msg232986#msg232986 date=1346369281]
[/quote]

...Yes? It's in Mervamon's profile.

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=drrockso20 link=topic=17268.msg232991#msg232991 date=1346380712]
well hopefully that huge batch of charts will include an update for the Metalkoromon chart and also here are some opinions of some of yours charts that I haven't posted yet:

Snowbotamon Chart: personally I really don't like Nyaromon evolving straight to Mikemon(even if there is a fluff reason for it), and as such as you are already twisting your rules for this chart here's a more elegant solution; have Mikemon be a third Evo line for Salamon(or maybe be a shared line with Goburimon) and instead of Evolving to Betsumon(REALLY not fond of Betsumon) have it evolve to either Bastemon->Magnadramon/Ancientsphinxmon or to Cho-Hakakaimon->Minervamon/Mervamon
I could do that too; the main reason I did Mikemon as a warp digivolution for Nyaromon is because it's canonical/consistent with Mikemon's profile, which says that a Nyaromon which sleeps for a long time or something becomes Mikemon. I didn't really know if Mikemon should be associated with Goblimon, but I'll consider keeping the pattern from the other lines. As for Betsumon... Mikemon seems to be its most recurring prevo (and the opposite is also true), fitting or not as it may be. (And I actually do like Minervamon as Betsumon's evo, it's my favorite line for Minervamon at present, especially after the association between Salamon's lines and Minervamon that was introduced with BlackGatomon's inclusion in Digimon Masters.) Either way, my concern with that is simply, what do I do with Betsumon if I'm not using it here? My goal is to use ALL official Digimon, remember, and as many of the less official ones as possible. Betsumon is one that I count as officially existing.

Botamon Alternate Chart: nothing much to say here except that it reminds me that you need to replace Saberleomon on the other line that Triceramon is in with Spinomon as well
I'm definitely considering it. Will need a different mega for ShogunGekomon too, and that's hardly an easy matter. =w=; Though after seeing the physical similarities that Triceramon and Spinomon's bodies have, I'm pretty much in agreement that Spinomon is Triceramon's best evolution.

Punimon Alternate Chart: no real suggestions to offer except maybe replace Boltmon with Blastmon
Someone suggested making BlueMeramon evolve to Lampmon. I will probably switch Lampmon from the Tokomon alt with Boltmon here, since Pumpkinmon evolves to Boltmon in the Nightmare Soldiers pendulum lines.

Tokomon Alternate Chart: replace Skullsatomon->Deathmon with Vamdemon->Belialvamdemon(which ties into my opinion that on the Mokumon chart you should replace Vamdemon->Venomvamdemon with Skullsatomon->Demon[which would make things more thematically fitting]) and have Scorpiomon evolve to Tyrantkabuterimon, and lastly have Warumonzaemon evolve to Deathmon now that it's freed up
That's a good suggestion, I'll definitely consider it. My only hesitation is with SkullScorpiomon -> TyrantKabuterimon...
It's sort of a weird reason, but TyrantKabuterimon to me sort of seems like the pinnacle of Insect Digimon evolution, more powerful than other insectoid Megas and such, and given that, it just feels weird to me to include him in a more ordinary line like this one. It's a weird reason, I'll allow... Thinking about maybe using someone like Reapermon, except that he's already used in this set. Oh well. I'll figure out something that should work eventually...

Yuramon Alternate Chart: pretty good overall but since I suggested using the Flarelizarmon line over in the Metalkoromon chart to replace Revolmon, you might need to find something to replace it with
You're suggesting switching the Deputymon and Flarerizamon lines? If not (and I don't think you are, because Muchomon -> Deputymon makes zero sense), I'll need a suggestion of what to do with him. I see why you suggested that, too, though I personally feel that Muchomon is the best prevo for Flarerizamon, barring something like Agumon.

Snowbotamon Alternate Chart: personally I don't think Clearagumon should be considered a distinct digimon for these charts and be disregarded much like the black virus versions of other digimon(obviously I'm giving an exception towards Blacktailmon, Mikemon, and Modokibetamon[and various others] in regards towards pointless recolors of already existing digimon) and as such be removed from the chart and just have Shamamon be with two lines; his two existing lines(much like the Data Squad/Savers chart you did earlier) and possibly move the Starmon line over to Toyagumon as an alternate replacement for Revolmon(as a bonus this means you could leave the Alternate Yuramon Chart alone)
Hmm. Now, I see why you say this, and I'll explain my approach to the subspecies Digimon now, since it's relevant...

As far as my charts go, there are two different types of subspecies that I treat differently.
The first type is the 'alternative', mutated, or adaptive subspecies.... all the ones that are used in the 'alternate' charts, which (for the most part) seem like they're adapted for different environments. SnowAgumon and SnowGoblimon are adapted for cold weather, Muchomon is adapted for warm weather, etc. etc. Now, the ones that are often percieved as redundant or 'pointless' as you call it, I do not necessarily, because there are observable differences. Betamon belongs to Nature Spirits and uses electrical attacks, while ModokiBetamon is Deep Savers and uses water-based attacks. Maybe Betamon is fresh-water and Modoki is marine or something; in my interpretation based on his evolutions, I treat him as a marsh or swampland-adapted variation with dinosaur DNA. ClearAgumon, likewise, is treated as a holy variation rather than a machine Digimon like ToyAgumon.

Now the second type is anything 'Black' (also includes things like Omnimon Zwart, ViElecmon, red Otamamon, etc etc.). These Digimon have the same name as the main species of Digimon they are based off of, save the addition of the aforementioned prefix, and thus, I treat them as being the same Digimon as their regular forms, but of a different attribute (with the exception of things like BlackGuilmon and his line, which can be written off as simply more mindlessly aggressive). Most of these Digimon have identical lines to their normal counterparts too, so as such, I simply treat them as interchangeable with said counterparts. This includes guys like BlackAgumon, who would digivolve to BlackGreymon instead of Greymon and DarkTyrannomon in place of Tyrannomon; however, in my case BlackGabumon would evolve to BlackGarurumon instead of Garurumon, and regular Drimogemon, since Drimogemon has no viral form.

Unfortunately I sort of broke my system with the Nyaromon family (again), since it was either do what I did (do the separate lines for Gatomon and BlackGatomon, who also fall under the above second category) or simply have one line for Salamon with the split Mega form of Ophanimon and Magnadramon. I'm still trying to figure out how to address her, on that note... Anyway, I felt it was important to list LadyDevimon and Lilithmon in there. *shrug* But there you have it. In any case, ToyAgumon -> Starmon is a good suggestion, but I decided to go with what I have now because I see Starmon as being a bit closer to Holy than Machine.... (Starmon was actually going to be the secondary evo for Salamon but I couldn't think of anything for ClearAgumon. I thought it fit reasonably well with ClearAgumon being sort of a hybrid holy/machine species sort of like Starmon seems to be.)

[/quote]
^ comments in bold. Thanks again for taking an interest, and for the suggestions.
Yeah, those 'alternative' charts are definitely still works in progress, as is the MetalKoromon.... Ongoing until I can find something good, I suppose.
For now, I've moved on to all the later lines, from 02/Tamers/Accelerator V-pet and so forth.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=17268.msg232996#msg232996 date=1346395775]
^ comments in bold. Thanks again for taking an interest, and for the suggestions.
Yeah, those 'alternative' charts are definitely still works in progress, as is the MetalKoromon.... Ongoing until I can find something good, I suppose.
For now, I've moved on to all the later lines, from 02/Tamers/Accelerator V-pet and so forth.
[/quote]for Betsumon I just had an idea for some lines for when you get to Chuumon eventually; Chuumon->Oppossomon/Omekamon->Betsumon->Piedmon/Chaospiedmon and Chuumon->Scummon->Damemon->Tuwarmon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=17268.msg232988#msg232988 date=1346378260]
Via slide-evolution like Vegiemon -> RedVegiemon and Rosemon -> Babamon, sure.
As far as regular evolution goes, Minervamon and Mervamon are both of the same level, so for straight Fresh-to-Mega lines, I use other prevos for Mervamon.
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote author=TMS link=topic=17268.msg232992#msg232992 date=1346382496]
...Yes? It's in Mervamon's profile.
[/quote]
Oops. Should have checked Wikimon then...

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not bad, CA. If I'm reading this right... Shellmon is a jogress of Floramon + SnowAgumon, and MailBirdramon is a jogress of Kokuwamon + Falcomon? Those are cool ideas. I also like Biyomon -> Swanmon, Floramon -> Kabukimon, and Sunflowmon -> Blossomon.

Am I mistaken or do you also address Armor Digimon by assigning one to each Rookie...? That seems like the pattern in your charts if I recall correctly.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think CrazyAristocracy has a rule about that. Remember that Thunderbirmon and Swanmon are both Armor Digimon that evolve from Piyomon in that chart.

CrazyAristocracy

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, I actually don't have any rule about that.

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=17268.msg233106#msg233106 date=1346725550]
Not bad, CA. If I'm reading this right... Shellmon is a jogress of Floramon + SnowAgumon, and MailBirdramon is a jogress of Kokuwamon + Falcomon? Those are cool ideas. I also like Biyomon -> Swanmon, Floramon -> Kabukimon, and Sunflowmon -> Blossomon.

Am I mistaken or do you also address Armor Digimon by assigning one to each Rookie...? That seems like the pattern in your charts if I recall correctly.
[/quote]hey Rikun what are your thoughts on my Chuumon Evolution line ideas that I posted earlier in the thread?

Edit: also just thought of a replacement line for Muchomon so you can put the Flarelizarmon line in the Metalkoromon chart: Muchomon->Diatrymon->Yatagaramon->Crossmon/Valdurmon(which except for Crossmon is a fully legitimate line according to Wikimon)

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=TMS link=topic=17268.msg233108#msg233108 date=1346726112]
I don't think CrazyAristocracy has a rule about that. Remember that Thunderbirmon and Swanmon are both Armor Digimon that evolve from Piyomon in that chart.
[/quote][quote author=CrazyAristocracy link=topic=17268.msg233130#msg233130 date=1346786289]
Yes, I actually don't have any rule about that.
[/quote]Oh. I guess I was just being crazy then ~__~

[quote author=drrockso20 link=topic=17268.msg233136#msg233136 date=1346805613]
hey Rikun what are your thoughts on my Chuumon Evolution line ideas that I posted earlier in the thread?[/quote]
Oh. Uh, that? Well in my mind Chumon evolving to any junk Digimon is pretty legit, but I always saw Damemon and Tuwarmon as Champion and Ultimate-level respectively (and would evolve from the Rookie-level Chuchumon).

Most of my potential Chumon lines involve Chuumon evolving into some sort of trash Digimon, then Garbagemon then GoldNumemon.

[quote author=drrockso20 link=topic=17268.msg233136#msg233136 date=1346805613]Edit: also just thought of a replacement line for Muchomon so you can put the Flarelizarmon line in the Metalkoromon chart: Muchomon->Diatrymon->Yatagaramon->Crossmon/Valdurmon(which except for Crossmon is a fully legitimate line according to Wikimon)[/quote]
I do Falcomon -> Diatrymon -> Crowmon -> Valdurmon, since that line originally belonged to Falcomon. Though I suppose that could work too, with Muchomon and Diatrymon both being tropical-ish birds with ears and stuff. (Parrotmon could be pretty much interchangeable with Crowmon there too, he works as an evo of Diatrymon well enough I think). In the Falcomon -> Peckmon line I also replaced Crowmon with Yatagaramon, which I think works out for the best in both Falcomon lines. (One is bird-like birds, the other is warrior-like birds.) As for the Muchomon -> Flarerizamon thing, I still feel that an organic Digimon like Muchomon or Agumon would be better as an evo to Flarerizamon... unless Flarerizamon is to evolve to Megadramon or something, which would fit in the machine line. Frankly though, I haven't been able to come up with a good end to that line without resorting to Machinedramon (who I'm already using several times...)

drrockso20

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DigiTamer Rikun link=topic=17268.msg233137#msg233137 date=1346814505]
Oh. I guess I was just being crazy then ~__~
Oh. Uh, that? Well in my mind Chumon evolving to any junk Digimon is pretty legit, but I always saw Damemon and Tuwarmon as Champion and Ultimate-level respectively (and would evolve from the Rookie-level Chuchumon).

Most of my potential Chumon lines involve Chuumon evolving into some sort of trash Digimon, then Garbagemon then GoldNumemon.
[/quote]well how about the Chuumon->Omekamon/Opossumon->Betsumon->Chaospiedmon line I also mentioned earlier, and also if I'm reading you correctly for Chuumon's "pure garbage" line it would go; Chuumon->Scumon/Roachmon->Garbagemon/Black Kingnumemon->Goldnumemon/Platinumnumemon

Also for Flarelizarmon I've always felt Toyagumon was the best child choice for it besides Agumon and maybe Candmon and with Falcomon's line you could possibly(although this isn't that big of a deal) replace Yatagaramon with Karatenmon(though you could stick him in the Muchomon->Diatrymon line in place of Yatagaramon instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.