Question for Version 6 V-Pet owners

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As we know, Versions 2-5 of the V-Pet line have alternate attack sprites based on what version it is fighting. A recent conversation with a V6 owner has demonstrated that the V6 also has this feature.

So I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help play around with determining which Digimon have the alternate sprites, and what they are. I would assume the basic pattern seen in V2-V5 would apply, but it would be interesting to see.

watsia

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tonosamagekomon will change it heart attack to ball when you battle other versions.. it will turn into ball during training ( after battle with v2 - v5.. herculeskabuterimon might be throwing a boomerang.. or look likes it.

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. So I'm a little bit silly.

Airdra, I am very confident that the Chart that is included with the V6 will show them all. I just came across a JPG copy of the chart that I found on my hard drive, and it shows the following Digimon have multiple attack sprites:

ShellNumemon:
-Shells Attack (Needle sprite)
-Slamming Attack (Bone sprite)

ShogunGekomon:
-Musical Fist (Heart sprite)
-Frog Bomb (Ball sprite)

AtlurKabuterimon
-Horn Buster (Missile sprite)
-Hi-Electro Stocker (Cutter sprite)

Findings:
-The attack sprite structure appears to follow the same layout as the V3-5 V-Pet models. This includes the bubbles for BabyI/II, the fire/blitz Child sprites, and the three sets of 'paired attacks' for Adults; Flame, Punch, Needle. With the Perfect Digimon having the Missile, Bomb, and Hearts.
-Like the V3-V5 sprites, the placement of the Digimon with alternate attack sprites align with the same pattern of the 6th Adult slot, and the 1st and 3rd Perfect; with the Needle, Missile, and Hearts replaced with the Bone, Cutter, and Ball respectively.
-Since the V-Pet evolution branches are the same across all five Japanese versions, and the placement of the Digimon can be determined by their attack sprite, I was able to determine there are errors in the fan made V6 evolution chart on File Island. As a result, four of the positions for Adult Digimon have shifted.

A Corrected V6 Chart:

Revised Evolution Guide (Adults only):
Kabuterimon

• Tentomon: 0-3 Care Mistakes, Train 48+
Tortomon (not Starmon)

• Tentomon: 4+ Care Mistakes, Train 5-31, Overfeed 3+, 0-4 Sleep Disturbances
Monochromon (not Tortomon)

• Tentomon: 0-3 Care Mistakes, Train 0-47.
  • Otamamon: 0-3 Care Mistakes, Train 48+.
Starmon (not Kuwagamon)

• Tentomon: 4+ Care Mistakes, Train 32+, Overfeed 3+, 0-6 Sleep Disturbances
  • Otamamon: 4+ Care Mistakes, Train 8-15, Overfeed 0-5, 5+ Sleep Disturbances
Kuwagamon (not Monochromon)

• Otamamon: 0-3 Care Mistakes, Train 0-47.
ShellNumemon
  • Otamamon: 4+ Care Mistakes, Train 32+, Overfeed 6+, 0-4 Sleep Disturbances

To confirm:
By in large, the Evolution Requirements for V-Pet versions are consistent across all five versions, so I would like a few confirmations about some of the evolutionary path ways.
-Confirm Tentomon only evolves to Kabuterimon, Tortomon, Monochromon, and Starmon; and cannot evolve to Kuwagamon or ShellNumemon.
-Confirm Otamamon only evolves to Monochromon, Starmon, Kuwagamon, and ShellNumemon; and cannot evolve to Kabuterimon or Tortomon.
-Confirm that Kabuterimon, Monochromon, and Kuwagamon evolve to AtlurKabuterimon.
-Confirm that Tortomon, Starmon, and ShellNumemon evolve to Tekkamon.

I hope this helps V6 owners, and I would love confirmation on the above points :).

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah. So I'm a little bit silly.

Airdra, I am very confident that the Chart that is included with the V6 will show them all. I just came across a JPG copy of the chart that I found on my hard drive, and it shows the following Digimon have multiple attack sprites:
Oh I'm thick.
I have it hanging in my room actually. I literally just forgot all about it I'm a bit silly. The one you linked there is a fanmade version. I have the one that came with it.
I'm at work right now so I only have a photo that I took of it earlier.
I can scan it when I'm home though if you want. :)
Image Thumbnail

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a photographed version of the same chart. I've adjusted the fanmade evo-guide to reflect the paper one you have. I'll bug Blade to do the swap.

Still, I would love it if you V6 owners wanted to confirm the revised chart :). Would be nice to have something confirmed. I'm also surprised that no one has caught the major errors after all this time.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The paper chart has a few errors regarding evolution so I'll be going through it to check that. I'll let you know what I discover. :)

I think I got Tortamon from Tentomon with few care mistakes and barely any training when I expected Monochromon but I might've missed a call or something.
I definitely did not overfeed it at any time so I'm pretty confused.

I'll start it up tonight. Any preference for the evolution line that I start first?

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't matter to me :). What errors have you noticed? Because the "good care/bad care" flow lines up very close to the other V-Pet models. Especially factoring the Digimon Placement due to attack sprites.

My advice would be to start with the perfect care options for the two Childs. Past that, it would be easy enough to add in othe conditions as we go.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Basically the Tortamon/Monochromon one I mentioned earlier.

And it's not to do with an error in the line so much as a mistake but two arrows are going towards Monochromon from Tentomon.

I've raised Kabuterimon before I might as well raise him again and note down how many care mistakes and how much I train my little Tento. :)

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm satisfied that they're correct as well. I would be interested in a bunch of game-sprites though. Both egg poses, the meat/pill if there is any difference. The training screen, the "Battle" screen, or anything else unique to the version.

As for Kabuterimon, can you confirm his attack sprite? The V6 paper Evo chart seems to have a different one, or rather a poorly copied one.

I would also be interested in full sprite sheets for the unique Digimon if that's possible. Lastly, can you confirm that both Pabumon and Motimon's sprites are consistent with the Pen 1.0? The gallery shows Gotsumon for some reason.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I snapped some photos yesterday.
Here are the photos
I can snap more if needed or better one or what have you.
Just let me know when you want me to reset and try for the next evolution line.
Kabuterimon evolves into AtlurKabuterimon so that's confirmed.

EDIT: Added picture on Mochimon and the egg to the folder.
I'm going to go down the '4+ Care Mistakes, Train 5-31, Overfeed 3+, 0-4 Sleep Disturbances' evolution line from Tentomon now. :)

Last edited:

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's great. Thanks. Can I get a photo of both Egg poses? And I'm glad The evolutions are starting to line up. Lastly, can I get a photo of the tombstone? Once one of them are ready to die...

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh like the 'bouncing' of the egg? Would a video be better?
I'm expecting Tentomon to evolve in the next day. I'll let you know. :)
I'll probably get them to perfect from here on in so we know for sure what the perfects are so the tombstone and egg might be a while.

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks Airdramon. I'm getting more and more pleased :). This also makes me want to get a V6. Even though I swore I'd only collect JP devices.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha well the v6 is a pretty cool vpet.
Here's Starmon. Hopefully I can get his battles and win percentage up so I can get him to perfect.
Image Thumbnail

As for his attack it's the same as Kabuterimon's (the fireball)

Last edited:

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well done you little 'Perfect' trainer, you. While you have him. I would love a Tekkamon sprite sheet. There are a few unique Digimon in the V6 without sprite sheets, Tekkamon being the hardest to obtain.

If you need any guidance on that, let me know.